• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Yeah fully aware of that. Although they won’t get £3.5bn if we don’t progress and get close to where we were a few years ago.

ENIC will hold out until they do. They haven't bought the club as a short term investment. I think that they'll hold out until they have an NFL franchise in the stadium.

ENIC will hold out until they do. They haven't bought the club as a short term investment. I think that they'll hold out until they have an NFL franchise in the stadium.

They are not taking any money out of the club, so they see their profit when they sell for a fortune

Wow half a dozen as many as that, we are really in trouble. ;)

The attendance from the last home game isn’t a good sign regardless of how few people protested today. People are voting with their feet. For me they don’t get a life pass for the good work they have done. Everyone has a shelf life; managers, players etc. I see no reason why it should be any different for them.

The attendance from the last home game isn’t a good sign regardless of how few people protested today. People are voting with their feet. For me they don’t get a life pass for the good work they have done. Everyone has a shelf life; managers, players etc. I see no reason why it should be any different for them.

Fans not going to games after the last 18 months of covid/lays off etc is not surprising. There are a few fans i know who have struggled with cash flow for that amount of time and find more important things then football to spend their money on. Not saying that some fans may stay away because of our form but there are a lot of reasons why attendances may be down.

I think that was more in reaction to the Arsenal performance than ENIC's ownership. A few good results and we'll be selling out each week.

I suspect that a lot of the empty seats were season tickets too, so paid for.

Remind me of the rules; they used to say that ENIC's Spurs cannot be in the same competition as ENIC's Liege i.e. UEFA or Tinpot UEFA or CL, is that still true and what would happen if both were in the same competition?

This kind of deal seems a no-brainer to me, we could park/train/assess so many of our fringe players in Belgium, so why doesn't everyone do it... and didn't we used to have a special arrangement with a club in Belgium... and didn't Cheatski do it?

Sorry for all the questions, I know one of you will remember.

Remind me of the rules; they used to say that ENIC's Spurs cannot be in the same competition as ENIC's Liege i.e. UEFA or Tinpot UEFA or CL, is that still true and what would happen if both were in the same competition?

This kind of deal seems a no-brainer to me, we could park/train/assess so many of our fringe players in Belgium, so why doesn't everyone do it... and didn't we used to have a special arrangement with a club in Belgium... and didn't Cheatski do it?

Sorry for all the questions, I know one of you will remember.
Chelsea do with Vitesse too
Both are informal arrangements though
And City group now own a load of clubs including ones that play in Europe

Yeah fully aware of that. Although they won’t get £3.5bn if we don’t progress and get close to where we were a few years ago.
they won’t get 3.5b
It’s simply not worth the value
The playing side is worth about £600m max (high estimate)
And assets are worth roughly a £b
Take off the debt at a £b
And the £3.5b value seems bonkers
The club won’t make a profit anytime soon with the investment needed in the playing side

I think that was more in reaction to the Arsenal performance than ENIC's ownership. A few good results and we'll be selling out each week.

I suspect that a lot of the empty seats were season tickets too, so paid for.

But we pretty much always lose away to Arsenal, often heavy defeats. I agree fans will find a way to go when the team is winning. Admittedly this is anecdotal but I’ve seen lots of ST holders on here for example struggling to shift their seats for every game. And we have played two high profile teams so far.

Fans not going to games after the last 18 months of covid/lays off etc is not surprising. There are a few fans i know who have struggled with cash flow for that amount of time and find more important things then football to spend their money on. Not saying that some fans may stay away because of our form but there are a lot of reasons why attendances may be down.

I wouldn’t disagree that covid is a factor. I just think the attendance would be higher if the team was progressing like it did under Poch. We have gone backwards in the last 5 years, that’s not really debatable. I keep going because I like going to games, I’m enjoying the new stadium and I want to support the team. I don’t support ENIC and I begrudge giving them money and making them richer but there is little I can do about it for the reasons outlined above. Not sure if we will see any sustained or sizeable anti-ENIC rhetoric at games but for a lot of fans I feel that if Nuno doesn’t work out then it would be time for ENIC to move on.

they won’t get 3.5b
The club won’t make a profit anytime soon with the investment needed in the playing side

Yep. We are stuck with ENIC until they either lower their valuation or someone comes in with an offer too good to turn down.

I wouldn’t disagree that covid is a factor. I just think the attendance would be higher if the team was progressing like it did under Poch. We have gone backwards in the last 5 years, that’s not really debatable. I keep going because I like going to games, I’m enjoying the new stadium and I want to support the team. I don’t support ENIC and I begrudge giving them money and making them richer but there is little I can do about it for the reasons outlined above. Not sure if we will see any sustained or sizeable anti-ENIC rhetoric at games but for a lot of fans I feel that if Nuno doesn’t work out then it would be time for ENIC to move on.

As Enic don't pay dividends (profits) you're not really paying out money, although Levy's pay you could be bitter about.

Can we send Winks on loan if Enic buy this outfit? :D

they won’t get 3.5b
The valuation of any business includes a certain amount of goodwill. For a football club that number is often especially high, though I do agree with you that £3.5b is way overvalued, by more than 2x IMO.

Last edited:
The valuation of any business includes a certain amount of goodwill. For a football club that number is often especially high, though I do agree with you that £3.5b is way overvalued by more than 2x IMO.
How high can you value goodwill though
This is a club us a very high asset value offset by a very very high debt level
It’s an incredibly unstable and fickle industry as seen this week by the whole landscape changing due to Saudi Sportswashing Machine
So anything IMO over £2b is crazy

Back