• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

But careful what you wish for.
They really are actually quite good and balanced.
The alternatives seem to be oil money or a brick show.
I’m not anti Enic other than their crazy high value they have put in the club with no actual investment from them
We could have had a lot worse guys in change

The valuation of any business includes a certain amount of goodwill. For a football club that number is often especially high, though I do agree with you that £3.5b is way overvalued, by more than 2x IMO.
Is the 3.5bn valuation inclusive of the debt burden?
(Plus, where did that number come from?)

It's hard to guage their exit strategy. My suspicion is, simply, Levy likes his job. The realisation of his long term plan/vision is his daily motivation, so where does that end?. Full revenue streams financially securing us? NFL franchise?...all business goals. I don't think he considers certain trophy wins as a moment to think his work is done. He will supply the money and setup going forward to DofF, managers and ultimately new owners to facilitate that part of the story.

The problem we have is, as they realise each stage of their plan, the value goes up but the potential to add more value (for new owners) gets skinnier. Hence the pool of potential new owners shrinks.

Valuing a football club is difficult, especially in our case. Without knowing what's included for starters (How much is 'part' of THFC?). Our brand value compared to our peers, the sheer annual uncertainty of a big revenue stream (CL), especially compared to other European leagues.

If we continue out of the CL for 2-3 more years I can't see us being worth more the 1bn if the new owners take on our debt as well.

Although by then we'll have a pretty good idea how much the '365 stadium' can contribute to the bottom line. It may blow all historical stadium revenues out of the water, so help support ENIC valuations (but hopefully support the team as well, at bare minimum providing a safety net to keep us always in a 'top 6' position).

I think all the time Levy is motivated and driven it really is his baby. I'm not sure when he'll think his work is done? An extraordinary offer would always be one way to shift him (hence his toppy valuation)

As for Lewis, I honestly don't think he cares, he's 84 now, had a shed load of money for a long time now, if I'm shooting the breeze down in the Bahamas everyday, and I have a man like Levy running one of my businesses over in London, Im not realty giving it much thought tbh.

But careful what you wish for.
They really are actually quite good and balanced.
The alternatives seem to be oil money or a brick show.

There would be an element of risk of course, we could be worse or we could be better off in the long run. I wouldn’t view it as the end of the world like some would if ENIC sold the club. And I think most people would get on board very quickly if we got oil money and it made us more competitive which translates into silverware.

We could also have better, there are quite a few in the PL.
There are some that are legit … Leicester’s owners for example, but they haven’t really put much money in and did inherit a bankrupt club for nothing and have verbally sold to buy (and their DOFs have done some great deals)

I really like the owners at Brighton and Brentford who have IMO done some great things abd in the case of Brentford been innovative in the way they run the club

There are some middle of the road owners too whose sole plan to keep the club in the league so have limited ambition but also limited funds by football standards (palace, Burnley)

villas owners have been great for their club. Loaded but invested really well too

you have extremes like Roman who has transformed the playing wide by sheer £££

you can see that extreme at Everton too with the secret real owner Usmanov behind the scenes

city’s owners too for their own political reasons

then look at United’s owners….. another extreme

Our owners are actually very similar to pool and arsenal.

Pool got lucky with a sale of a player at an obscene price (that’s alsmot bankrupted his club) that funded 2 key acquisitions

Arsenals owners don’t care for the fans le trophies really, just the cakje of the club it seems (sound familiar)

then you get fan ownership like Norwich, another eyxteme where the sole purposes is to Bounce around the top 2 divisions

West Ham’s owners are as bad as united’s for loading debt on the club

Wolves owners are curve balls. They got Wolves up but they haven’t invested money since really. They have their dodgy mendes relationship to rely on but behind that there appears to be nothing

First time I've heard levy out in full voice at the stadium ....

Was a brilliant chairman for 15 years. The last 5 have been mostly poor mistakes and hasn’t learn from them. We’re in a great place off the pitch (in spite of not having a sponsor for the stadium) but it’s on the pitch, the thing we actually support the club for that matters the most and we’ve gone backwards. After all, isn’t that why people get so upset when Liverpool and our rivals win football matches and trophies? Otherwise we’d just console ourselves with having the best balance sheet in the league.

Back