• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

There's moral hazard in paying the £4m instead of £5m. There could be at least £1m of indirect value in not paying Ade off.
Agreed. It's a tough call for Levy. My guess though, is that getting him off the books as an ongoing cost is fairly important to the club. Maybe it wouldn't be a £1m discount; maybe it would be £1.5m. But there is definitely a point at which it becomes sensible to just pay him off and it's up to Levy to decide upon that point.

However, if Adebayor disagrees and wants more? Then we end up with a protracted saga. Which is why I'm not holding my breath until he's officially gone.

Agreed. It's a tough call for Levy. My guess though, is that getting him off the books as an ongoing cost is fairly important to the club. Maybe it wouldn't be a £1m discount; maybe it would be £1.5m. But there is definitely a point at which it becomes sensible to just pay him off and it's up to Levy to decide upon that point.

However, if Adebayor disagrees and wants more? Then we end up with a protracted saga. Which is why I'm not holding my breath until he's officially gone.

Yeah, not ideal. Part of me just wants to let him rot his career for a year and not allow him to haunt us by scoring against us (for at least a year). Not playing competitive football for a year will lead to rustiness. The other part just says, get rid and remove his smell from our youth. Whichever route is chosen, he's an infuriating taco. To think that there are players who's careers were cut short due to injury and here's someone that is able to play but is choosing not to (entirely within his right per the contract).

To be fair I don't think he's refusing to play, he's been told he's not welcome at the training ground and therefore doesn't turn up. Maybe he's training with the youth teams.

To be fair I don't think he's refusing to play, he's been told he's not welcome at the training ground and therefore doesn't turn up. Maybe he's training with the youth teams.

You are right of course. I guess I meant turning down a move that would allow him to go to a place that will play him!

I agree but we don't know the in's and out's of the deal, the already have 3/4 other strikers. Maybe he wanted more guarantees of first choice football etc could be one reason.
I'd reckon what he wanted was more £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ it's all he is interested in

Hate bumping this thread because we all get excited that "something is happening".

I'm just checking that there are enough wobbly-headed midgets on standby for when he eventually does leave.

Can anyone confirm?

This is the plan.We bring him back into the squad and put him on the bench for every game.He is then told to warm up in the 60th minute and keeps being told to warm up but we never bring him on.
Eventually he refuses to warm up we can then sack him, or at least we will get some entertainment seeing him warm up every game but not get on .Job done.

This is the plan.We bring him back into the squad and put him on the bench for every game.He is then told to warm up in the 60th minute and keeps being told to warm up but we never bring him on.
Eventually he refuses to warm up we can then sack him, or at least we will get some entertainment seeing him warm up every game but not get on .Job done.

Maybe everyone will forget about abusing those on the pitch and focus on him instead. Brilliant plan.

They can have him for £30 and dropping objections to us using Olympic Stadium during rebuild.

That said, Barnet of Clapton FC would be OK.

Back