• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

When he's attempted to undermine the coach - and his partners in chief have been bombed out - we are no longer at the point of talking about "not completely burning our bridges."
Has to go now if we truly back Poch

Are you talking about last year's itk? He played after that allegedly happened, so not sure if there is relevance..... Even if it did happen, if it's something else... Then sorry I wasn't aware.

Don't get me wrong though we should get rid if we can and get a replacement in. But if don't buy anyone, I really don't want to see any more lamela for Kane subs

It's written all over it in letters thirty feet high that this is going right to the last day of the window, Seems highly likely he is waiting for Levy to blink and pay up his contract, and why wouldn't he at this point? I think he will eventually agree to go, but I probably wouldn't offer anybody better than even money on it.

Controversial............ But if we don't sign anyone, he will be are only replacement if Kane gets injured, and he is in a contract year.... It may be worth not completely burning our bridges with him. In fact there maybe an argument to be had about whether he should have been on the bench on sat, he is still our player..... And would be so much better (even half arsed) then the alternatives we have at the moment.

Ducks.....nay, runs then ducks for cover.
Have you forgotten about Njie, or just have no faith in him at all? His main position is listed as centre forward, so even if we end up using him mostly on the left (as I suspect we will), I'm sure he can also cover Kane.

That said; we clearly need another centre forward if Adebayor is definitely out of the picture. Personally I'm fairly sure we'll get Berahino (but who knows?)

The problem with leaving this one down to deadline day is that I'm not sure it's going to be easy for another club to negotiate terms with Adebayor in the space of a few hours. Not that there's anything Spurs can do about it - the ball is in Ade's court. That said; if we are going to pay him off then there's no reason to do it before the end of the window, just in case a better option does present itself.

All assuming there's no route back to the squad for him (which appears to be the case, but who really knows?)

Have you forgotten about Njie, or just have no faith in him at all? His main position is listed as centre forward, so even if we end up using him mostly on the left (as I suspect we will), I'm sure he can also cover Kane.

That said; we clearly need another centre forward if Adebayor is definitely out of the picture. Personally I'm fairly sure we'll get Berahino (but who knows?)

Njie in the very little I have seen of him (YouTube) looks like a wing forward, I belive that's where he played in France as well. I have no idea how good he will be, but doesn't (from YouTube at least) seem to be a lead the line forward. He may be converted like Henry, which would be great, but at this moment I don't think anyone on this forum would be able to accurately guess he would be better in that position than chadly.

Njie in the very little I have seen of him (YouTube) looks like a wing forward, I belive that's where he played in France as well. I have no idea how good he will be, but doesn't (from YouTube at least) seem to be a lead the line forward. He may be converted like Henry, which would be great, but at this moment I don't think anyone on this forum would be able to accurately guess he would be better in that position than chadly.
I'm not sure. I've seen him on YouTube where he looks pretty one-dimensional; but I've read several profiles of Njie by this stage and they all contradict that; they all suggest he's far more versatile than the vids I've seen. On top of that I have an inherent distrust of player videos on YouTube. I've seen videos of players I'm very familiar with and which completely misrepresented them (for better or worse). So it's my policy to trust the profiles as (I hope) they are based on some level of research as opposed to the personal ideas of a single fan with a cracked copy of Adobe Premiere.

----

EDIT: Which isn't to say I don't watch and (occasionally) enjoy the YouTube vids; I just don't take them very seriously.

The sooner people resign themselves to the fact that he will be at home smoking his pipe the better it will be for them. Be happy he will be rusty for 18 months, on gardening leave, be happy he never gets to play football in the Premier League again IMO unless its under the clubs terms. Be happy he will be forever known as that player always compared for the wrong things.. be happy his time is over.

I'm not sure. I've seen him on YouTube where he looks pretty one-dimensional; but I've read several profiles of Njie by this stage and they all contradict that; they all suggest he's far more versatile than the vids I've seen. On top of that I have an inherent distrust of player videos on YouTube. I've seen videos of players I'm very familiar with and which completely misrepresented them (for better or worse). So it's my policy to trust the profiles as (I hope) they are based on some level of research as opposed to the personal ideas of a single fan with a cracked copy of Adobe Premiere.

----

EDIT: Which isn't to say I don't watch and (occasionally) enjoy the YouTube vids; I just don't take them very seriously.

It's a fair point, I really hope your right, especially if we dont get anyone else in.

Wonder what would've happened if we'd offered Ade 150k a week (much more than anyone else would) on a month-to-month rolling contract....

The dido brothers are trolling us lol

??? She's a filthy goon if I recall correctly. So she knows where to stick her 'White Flag'....

122211_hollyscopes_dido_600111222150104.jpg

Back