• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

what an absolute tool... all this dragging on because he cant be arsed to live in brum.

utter redonkulousness.

maybe its time to do what Southampton did with Osvaldo....a painfull pill but maybe we should just swallow it.

West ham wont deal with us after what happened in January.

Last edited:
what an absolute tool... all this dragging on because he cant be arsed to live in brum.

utter redonkulousness.

maybe its time to do what Southampton did with Osvaldo....a painfull pill but maybe we should just swallow it.

West ham wont deal with us after what happened in January.
Of course West Ham would deal with us.... If they offer to pay all of Ade's wages then we'd loan him to them in a shot. If Ade has had second thoughts on going to Aston Villa then I can only assume it is because he's had a little nod from West Ham or Palace.

The Guy simply does not give a fudge about his career does he? he has spent much of last season in the stiffs. And if he does not move this summer he will spend all next season in the stiffs as well. He just wants to continue to live in London and earn his fat wage no matter what happens.

Its not far to Villa. Get a Damn Chopper with all that money you have. Dont you want to play? Villa and Sherwood will be one of the last places that want him.

If we dont get rid. Then I would be tempted for us to put him on gardening leave. If he is happy to just collect his wage. Then let him do it away from our training ground and with no chance to play for another team for a whole season. See who wants him next summer when he has no fitness at all. And has shown he just wants to suck on the cash.

The Guy simply does not give a fudge about his career does he? he has spent much of last season in the stiffs. And if he does not move this summer he will spend all next season in the stiffs as well. He just wants to continue to live in London and earn his fat wage no matter what happens.

Its not far to Villa. Get a Damn Chopper with all that money you have. Dont you want to play? Villa and Sherwood will be one of the last places that want him.

If we dont get rid. Then I would be tempted for us to put him on gardening leave. If he is happy to just collect his wage. Then let him do it away from our training ground and with no chance to play for another team for a whole season. See who wants him next summer when he has no fitness at all. And has shown he just wants to suck on the cash.

He does not care, early retirement

Unfortunately we can't do that, there's some random law about denying someone a living by not allowing them to carry out their profession, a footballer a while back won a case on this (can't remember who). We could probably do a deal any pay him off instead and release him like with Benny but he'll probably just want his years salary up front and the loyalty bonus for completing his contract. Even if we loan him and subsidise half his wages it will be worth it to have him away from the training ground and will at least save us some money.

Here's a thought: work his ass ragged in training. If it's two-a-days for the rest of the team, make it four-a-days just for him. After a couple of weeks, he'd be begging us to leave.

He holds the cards, live with it. We knew his track-record when we signed him. I suspect the only way West Ham or Palace will deal is on the condition Levy agrees to foot some of the wage bill after all — with a rueful little gaze up the M6, no doubt.

Emmanuel Adebayor deal to Aston Villa is not dead, says Tim Sherwood

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood has refused to rule out reviving a deal for Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Tottenham striker had been in talks over a loan move with Villa - and been given a tour of their training ground - but the deal has stalled.

Sherwood worked with Adebayor at White Hart Lane and had targeted him to beef up his forward line, despite the arrivals of Jordan Ayew and Rudy Gestede following Christian Benteke's move to Liverpool.

Sherwood said: "If it can be revived and we think it's necessary, two parties have got to agree on it. At the moment, there's no agreement and he's a Tottenham player.

"I am really happy with the four we have here at the moment but if there is something that becomes available and it's better than what we've got, then you look to improve. It would have to be some good quality of striker to be better than what we have.

emanuel-adebayor-tim-sherwood-salute-each-other_3334080.jpg

Sherwood managed Adebayor during his time at White Hart Lane
"It's unfair for me to talk about him, he's a Tottenham player and I can't speculate on where he might go. He's still their player and that's it.

"He was here and we spoke but he's a Tottenham player. We had discussion and he's still a Tottenham player so something went wrong."

Sherwood also confirmed he will assess a number of his new signings ahead of the weekend game at Bournemouth. Defender Jores Okore is out with a knee injury

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-to-aston-villa-is-not-dead-says-tim-sherwood

i get the impression Tim believes that Totenham still own the player.

"We had a discussion and he's still a Tottenham player so something went wrong." Hahaha, wow, great one Tim.

Wonder if he wonders why he wasn't kept on as our head coach?

"We did some training in the week, I picked a team to win against Chelsea and we lost 4-0, so something went wrong."

"We had a discussion and he's still a Tottenham player so something went wrong." Hahaha, wow, great one Tim.

Wonder if he wonders why he wasn't kept on as our head coach?

"We did some training in the week, I picked a team to win against Chel53a and we lost 4-0, so something went wrong."

I think that you're being a bit harsh there. He's obviously trying to evade the question and not get drawn. For Sherwood this is progress.

I still think that he'll go there.

He's still here then !?

I must check out one of those Michael Parkinson insurance places, otherwise I won't be able to afford the party when he finally goes.

We're going to be stuck with him aren't we :(

I'm still saying Soldado will be gone but Ade will see out his contract with us.
I always felt it was a possibility. My guess is that he's been told by someone (an agent? a member of his entourage?) that if he plays he's cards right and holds out for a few weeks, he can pick up two salaries this year (i.e. get an almost-full pay off from us, plus a contract somewhere else on nearly as much money).

And he may be correct. Levy might decide that paying £4m is better than paying £5m and just mutually agree to a contract termination for a small discount at the end of August. At which point Ade is free to join West Ham or Crystal Palace on a free transfer; therefore commanding a bigger wage than those teams would otherwise be able to offer. I'm guessing that might well be his plan; in which case there's no point in expecting him to move in the next couple of weeks.

(Fingers crossed I'm wrong about all that, and he signs for Aston Villa for £5m tomorrow!)

I always felt it was a possibility. My guess is that he's been told by someone (an agent? a member of his entourage?) that if he plays he's cards right and holds out for a few weeks, he can pick up two salaries this year (i.e. get an almost-full pay off from us, plus a contract somewhere else on nearly as much money).

And he may be correct. Levy might decide that paying £4m is better than paying £5m and just mutually agree to a contract termination for a small discount at the end of August. At which point Ade is free to join West Ham or Crystal Palace on a free transfer; therefore commanding a bigger wage than those teams would otherwise be able to offer. I'm guessing that might well be his plan; in which case there's no point in expecting him to move in the next couple of weeks.

(Fingers crossed I'm wrong about all that, and he signs for Aston Villa for £5m tomorrow!)
There's moral hazard in paying the £4m instead of £5m. There could be at least £1m of indirect value in not paying Ade off.

I agree that this is a possibility and could be the real reason that the move to Villa collapsed

Back