• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Im not defending Ade unfortunately it seems impossible to have a debate anymore without being labelled.

My point remains im not sure what benefit having a highly paid striker who has played at a high level, with a reasonable goalscoring record, training with the kids, when we do not have a senior backup striker at the club?

I have no insight what has happened, how well liked or what has happened behind closed doors, its all hearsay. The ACON incident is fact and we should have disciplined and moved him on then. We didnt. However im not sure how the situation at the moment is helping US!!

Because the manager has deemed it so. Pochettino does know that Ade is highly paid, has played at a high level, with a reasonable goalscoring record and that, apart from Soldado, there is no back up to Kane. The majority of the team and that of his ex-Southampton team say that Poch is a great man manager and one that is fair.

So would it not stand to reason that there is something else. Something that we do not know about?

I think it is quite obvious that Ade is disruptive and that we don't want anything to do with him. With his contribution last year, I don't think it will be a massive loss and actually will free up a lot of wage that can be spent on other players.

Crystal Palace or West Ham then?

I can't see the former option happening as he'd have to graft to hard at Palace. And I can't see West Ham taking the risk of signing him, as well as having sicknote Andy Carroll on their wage bill.

I can't see the former option happening as he'd have to graft to hard at Palace. And I can't see West Ham taking the risk of signing him, as well as having sicknote Andy Carroll on their wage bill.

Watford? Ade lives in Barnet way so not a bad commute.

Its hilarious really that he hasn't snapped up this opportunity. Its really.. Ade don't prove us right again.. and yet every time he does. lol

Its hilarious really that he hasn't snapped up this opportunity. Its really.. Ade don't prove us right again.. and yet every time he does. lol

Highlighted by the fact that even though everything was agreed with Villa, i dont think many on here actually thought he would go. No-one is truly surprised by his activities.

With Valencia's injury you'd expect West Ham to have made a move by now if they were interested.

I dont think the MK Dons pay 100k a week in total to their entire squad................probably in a month.

I'm sure there was a little sarcasm in my post.. don't tell me I am going to have to get the tumbleweed out on my own post haha

I said a month ago somewhere on this site that Adebayor wouldn't want to move to Brum and would want to be in London or Paris and commute via helicopter or something... told you!

If it's got to a stage where selecting him undermines the authority of the manager and his coaching staff, would you want it done?

100% he has to be kicked out. However poch removed him after the alleged stoke incident and brought him back at the end of the year.

Would i want him near the squad now no, as the abuse i get for posing the question should we have managed this better, shows that the atmosphere from the fans would cause an impossible situation similar to the Ghaly situation.

However I don't believe this is purely about money with Ade, if Paulinho can pick up 70k and Asamoah Gyan picks up 220k in china somebody will pay Ade more than 100k.
Only Poch and the players can answer this and we have to trust the manager in terms of how bad the atmosphere is, however i think Ade would certainly score more goals as a CF than Lamela.

I'm sure there was a little sarcasm in my post.. don't tell me I am going to have to get the tumbleweed out on my own post haha

I was highlighting a well run club that lives within its means against the exorbitant wage we pay this mercenary.

Don't tell me that my analytical mind was too much for you ;-)

Stick to the totaliser?

I was highlighting a well run club that lives within its means against the exorbitant wage we pay this mercenary.

Don't tell me that my analytical mind was too much for you ;-)

Stick to the totaliser?

:p ;) I was highlighting our commute to MK Dons

at the end of the season can we have an award for most likely poster who would be 'most likely sit in a room to try to convince people that this mass murderer is a nice person and has feelings award'.
Bad analogy. Two completely different things. You can't equate murder with football, even though it does kill me watching this team play at times.

Back