• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I always see effort from him, I always see him closing down and making it hard for defenders. It just seems that whenever he has a below par performance it's because he doesn't give a toss. It's a tag that will never leave him it seems.

You've never watched him play and thought 'He's not trying here' because you'd be in a very small minority if so.

You've never watched him play and thought 'He's not trying here' because you'd be in a very small minority if so.

Honestly ... no. Maybe under AVB but I can't remember. It just seems a convenient tag to use when he doesn't play well, same happened with Ekotto. I think Ade's one of our hardest workers off the ball actually. Ade scores, creates and works hard at a pretty consistent level yet he gets far more **** from fans than saint Soldado, I don't get it.

Honestly ... no. Maybe under AVB but I can't remember. It just seems a convenient tag to use when he doesn't play well, same happened with Ekotto. I think Ade's one of our hardest workers off the ball actually. Ade scores, creates and works hard at a pretty consistent level yet he gets far more **** from fans than saint Soldado, I don't get it.

Wholeheartedly agree.

I don't agree he works hard off the ball. Funnily enough I thought he did today though. I don't think its a label per se I think its fair criticism of his overall work ethic. I don't think its good enough.

Agreed. You can't expect players to produce in every game they play in a season.

So all the posters above ^^^ have never seen Adebayor strolling back into position, smiling, whilst others are sprinting to get back onside and covering angles and busting a gut? Think back... you've never seen anything like that from Adebayor?

So all the posters above ^^^ have never seen Adebayor strolling back into position, smiling, whilst others are sprinting to get back onside and covering angles and busting a gut? Think back... you've never seen anything like that from Adebayor?

I have honestly not seen him be any "lazier/laid back" than someone like Vertonghen. But Vertonghen is just a laid back character apparently, Adebayor is just lazy...Defoe used to get all the "he's a yiddo" chants, yet he was a lazy c**t anytime we brought him off the bench, hardly ever closing down and never tracking back. Adebayor often breaks his neck chasing back/closing down a goalkeeper, I've seen it with my own eyes.

And smiling whilst playing football, the outrage!

There are people that just hate Adebayor and unless he puts up Messi/Ronaldo stats, they won't give him any credit -- they'll also slaughter him for doing things that other players get a pass for. Scored and asissted yesterday, still not good enough -- imagine the mass w*nking amongst the haters had Soldado delivered that same thing in a game of football that wasn't against a pub team from Moldova.

If we go out and buy an upgrade, I'll be all for doing that. But whilst we have Soldado and Kane as the other options, Adebayor is our best forward by a million miles. At least Poch realises this.

So you've honestly never seen every player we have do that at some point in their time with us?

Strolling back into his position is far more forgivable for a striker anyway, it's understandable why the defenders and midfielders have to chase back more readily.

Save your typing lol for some reason some have the ol' blinkers on! He is by far the laziest at the club whether you wanna call it a myth, hated I don't care personally it's just how it is. If he plays like yesterday more often than not we'll all be happy lets just agree on that!

Save your typing lol for some reason some have the ol' blinkers on! He is by far the laziest at the club whether you wanna call it a myth, hated I don't care personally it's just how it is. If he plays like yesterday more often than not we'll all be happy lets just agree on that!

Why would fans have blinkers on? I don't really see the logic. I could just as easily claim you have blinkers on and you won't let go of the mercenary lazy gooner tag he once had. When Ade doesn't close down a player it's because he doesn't give a ****, when it's another player it's because he's tired. When Ade doesn't have a great game it's because he was having an "Ade day", when another player has a poor game it's just a bad day at the office. I reckon if we'd signed Ade with no previous recollection of him I wouldn't be reading anything about him being lazy and/or not caring.

I don't think he is lazy. He is a bit prima Donna-ish and tends to demand perfect service, unfortunately he seems oblivious to the fact that as a striker he is far from clinical. He is an attention seeker and puts in the effort where it's obvious, but I do see evidence that he won't make a run as a decoy for others to benefit.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk

but I do see evidence that he won't make a run as a decoy for others to benefit.

Now that isn't true. He's always pulling wide, coming deep to receive the ball. Those movements are part of what helped turn Bale into a world class winger.

Now that isn't true. He's always pulling wide, coming deep to receive the ball. Those movements are part of what helped turn Bale into a world class winger.

Exactly, but then he wasn't getting into box and scoring goals. Damned either way this one.

Ade, along with lloris are our 2 players who are close to being regarded as "world class." I will admit to being p1ssed off with him during AVB's first season especially after the penalty miss against Basel. However I have realised that his "poor" form and attitude then, probably resulted from the tactics being employed. Like Lloris, I believe he is very much part of Poch's plans and is going no where. Posters may have hated all things Sherwood last season but one of several good things he did was to bring back a motivated Ade.

I like Ade and think he's underrated by a lot of people. His closing down has been really good and he brings others in to play well too. To replace him for someone of a similar standard would be very difficult/expensive.

The only realistic option I want to compete with him would be Bony.

massive improvement from the WHU game - hope he keeps it up

Much more his kind of game. A game where we dominate and he could get involved in regular play, instead of being used as a target man (42 passes compared to 23 (in 80-ish minutes) against Wham). The unfortunate thing is that part of his role is that of a target man and I really hope he decides to put a proper effort in when asked to do that too.

Seems quite likely that against Liverpool we'll get forced into some long balls at least some of the time. Skrtel and Lovren are very strong in the air, we'll need Adebayor to at least compete.

Back