• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

11 league goals in 21 league appearances last season. Not bad. At that strike rate, if he played 30 times in the league in the coming season, he'd get 15/16 goals.

Even if he managed 10 in 20, as a squad player, that'd be very handy for us.

11 league goals in 21 league appearances last season. Not bad. At that strike rate, if he played 30 times in the league in the coming season, he'd get 15/16 goals.

Nah, I'd rather have two goal a season Soldado, at least we know what we're getting.

Thats great in theory, but he is more receptive to being the main man and I dont think his attitude will be half as good if hes just a squad player....

Thats great in theory, but he is more receptive to being the main man and I dont think his attitude will be half as good if hes just a squad player....

I think, given the attackers we currently have at the club, he will be on at least equal terms for claiming a place in the team. He gets through plenty of running on the pitch and I have a feeling Poch will get him playing.

2011-12 league season - 33 apps, 17 goals
12-13 league season - 25 apps, 5 goals
13-14 season - 21 apps, 11 goals

We'll see. Get some use from his this season, some vital goals, and then we can splash some money on a new striker next season, fresh on the back of winning the quad :p

I don't count pens.

Interesting, taking a penalty is actually a skill and just as difficult if not more so than a standard chance for a striker.

But that wasnt my argument, you cant call him a two goal a season striker because you'd need him to be here more seasons to formulate an average. You don't call a striker who scores twenty goals in a season for the first time a twenty goal a season striker do you? You have to do it over a few seasons....

Interesting, taking a penalty is actually a skill and just as difficult if not more so than a standard chance for a striker.

But that wasnt my argument, you cant call him a two goal a season striker because you'd need him to be here more seasons to formulate an average. You don't call a striker who scores twenty goals in a season for the first time a twenty goal a season striker do you? You have to do it over a few seasons....

It's almost as if I'm being completely unreasonable isn't it.

Just hope Ade can come up with this sort of skill on a regular basis this season! What a peach!
https://vine.co/v/hVI0QHXMai7

Edit: can't seem to be able to implement Vine video. vine URL \vine (with brackets) doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

Which Ade do you think we will see this season? The Ade giving 100% because he's kept at the centre of things by the manager. Or the disinterested Ade because he's not no 1?

Which Ade do you think we will see this season? The Ade giving 100% because he's kept at the centre of things by the manager. Or the disinterested Ade because he's not no 1?

The usual one. He'll turn up for a few games and not for for the rest.

The usual one. He'll turn up for a few games and not for for the rest.
I don't think you can criticize Ade for lack of effort a single game last season! He ran like his ass was on fire most of the time.
The Ade=Lazy is mostly just a journo made up thing IMO, same as the Europa League is more of a stress than CL. What is the difference in playing Thursday-Sunday/Monday and Wednesday-Saturday/Sunday? It's just because 'Arry kept whining about it, and made the press believe it too, that everyone considers it a fact.

I don't think you can criticize Ade for lack of effort a single game last season! He ran like his ass was on fire most of the time.
The Ade=Lazy is mostly just a journo made up thing IMO, same as the Europa League is more of a stress than CL. What is the difference in playing Thursday-Sunday/Monday and Wednesday-Saturday/Sunday? It's just because 'Arry kept whining about it, and made the press believe it too, that everyone considers it a fact.

Not what i meant. Some days he just isn't able to play football his technique will escape him and he'll be a completely different player.

True to an extent, but I'm more confident about getting consistent effort from just about every other player in our squad. If Poch can keep him motivated he could be tremendous this season, but there's always that question mark.

Don't disagree about Ade, but I think there is a real difference playing Wed/Sat vs Thu/Sun:

When you play on Sunday, it is likely that all your rivals have already played (and, since this is CL teams we are talking about, probably won) their PL games that weekend. So you have to win just to maintain the relative position in the league. The mental pressure is greater I believe.

Plus also, you have fewer CL ties in the back end of nowhere, which take forever to travel home from.

Don't disagree about Ade, but I think there is a real difference playing Wed/Sat vs Thu/Sun:

When you play on Sunday, it is likely that all your rivals have already played (and, since this is CL teams we are talking about, probably won) their PL games that weekend. So you have to win just to maintain the relative position in the league. The mental pressure is greater I believe.

Plus also, you have fewer CL ties in the back end of nowhere, which take forever to travel home from.

We don't have rivals that are playing in the champion's league. We're competing for 6th place.
And footballers aren't looking at other results.
They don't care about our club let along others.

We do have rivals in the Champions League - Arsenal will always be our rivals.

Despite which I didn't even mention Spurs in my post as the point applies generally.

And the concept that professional footballers don't know whether other teams in the league have lot or won is absolutely deluded.

Also, champions league teams alternate between Tuesday and Wednesday matches ready for Saturday, often Sunday games. Much more time to prepare. For Europa it's always Thursday to Sunday, much less time.

Back