• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Yeah cos we'd finish 11-20th with Soldado up top. Lol don't be a macaron.

If Ade is fit mate he will always play unless we are saving him for a bigger game he is our best striker and one of our best players. We saw last season how many goals we scored with Soldado up front on his own, this coming from someone who like soldado. Basically Ade saved our season last time around, and the season under Harry he was one of the main reasons we finished top 4. IMO He works extremely hard up front, hunts the ball out wide too. My problem with him is he is not a clinical finisher. That should be soldado when he is on form.

I still don't get the lazy tag. He ran his socks off against Liverpool and closed down like a madman. He was guilty of poor decision making more than anything else.

Choosing not to? That's an embarrassing statement. Pretty sure he's got a goal scoring record of, on average, around one every two games for us. If anything, we've floundered because we've never had a suitable replacement for him when he's out of form.

You're kidding right? You mean you've never noticed that streak he has to not try in certain games? It's not a myth, he's done it at every club he's ever been at.

Turn it in :ross:

Tell me about it. People already writing off Soldado for one bad season but conveniently forget how pathetic Adebayor's performances were just two seasons ago where he scored about 3 league goals. He can enigmatic his entire career but Soldado has one very off season and all of a sudden he's crap.

It's only the 2nd group game out of 6, so they could still go through, but would be bottom at the moment so would be hard, but not impossible.

Ade scoring with a header from a corner :eek:

@WindyCOYS: Adebayor scored but Togo lost - pretty much the best thing that could have happened from a Spurs POV! #THFC #Spurs

@nyannthierry: GOAL: Adebayor equalises for #Togo to make it 2-2 vs #Ghana
[tweet]509757898046836736[/tweet]

Ghana won 3-2

After 2 of 6 rounds:

Uganda 4 pts
Ghana 4 pts
Guinea 3 pts
Togo 0 pts

Top two from each group go through plus the best 3rd placed team.

Ghana won 3-2

After 2 of 6 rounds:

Uganda 4 pts
Ghana 4 pts
Guinea 3 pts
Togo 0 pts

Top two from each group go through plus the best 3rd placed team.

Looking like it could be very nice for us. Would be bad to lose Ade during such a busy schedule of games.

I'm still not prepared to write Soldado off. You don't score as many goals in Spain as he did if you're a crap player.

Absolutely. If Ade goes off to the AfCon, I don't see why the prospect of Soldado and Kane is so unduly frightening. Our lightnesses are elsewhere on the pitch, not up front. Not with the Soldado of old still residing somewhere within Bobby's slight frame.

infuriating today, very wasteful

He looked worn out after about 30 minutes. Didn't stop him closing down to the best of his ability, but he was quite sluggish when on the ball, and his tiredness showed. I hope it's just the effects of him being away on national-team duty: despite my previous confidence in our striking situation, if Ade has fitness issues we're sunk, because Poch won't be getting a new striker from Levy no matter how hard he asks (positive net spend, remember) and Soldado for some reason doesn't seem to be settling in under Poch as much as I'd have liked.

Back