• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Much more his kind of game. A game where we dominate and he could get involved in regular play, instead of being used as a target man (42 passes compared to 23 (in 80-ish minutes) against Wham). The unfortunate thing is that part of his role is that of a target man and I really hope he decides to put a proper effort in when asked to do that too.

Seems quite likely that against Liverpool we'll get forced into some long balls at least some of the time. Skrtel and Lovren are very strong in the air, we'll need Adebayor to at least compete.

Looking forward to seeing Ade play versus Liverpool. We missed him in both games last season. Hes got a decent record v them as welll I think and has done well against both skrtel and lovren before

I think he's a player who knows what he can and can't do and will not change. If you play him the team has to play to his game otherwise he is ineffective. On his day he is a class player and probably one of our best, can we get better? Not at present Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and both the Manchester clubs will be the first choice for top strikers who may be available and that's just in this country.

I've seen Ade not bother to chase back. And then on another day close down all over the pitch like he was turbocharged.
I think which Ade turns up on any given match day largely depends on a number of variables. I wish I knew what those variables were - what he had for breakfast, the weather, what the traffic was like on the way in...who knows. Maybe Ade doesn't even know.

PS For a tall/big/strong player I wish he would hold the ball up a bit better -as per a certain Dimitar Berbatov, for example.

Last edited:
I've seen Ade not bother to chase back. And then on another day close down all over the pitch like he was turbocharged.
I think which Ade turns up on any given match day largely depends on a number of variables. I wish I knew what those variables were - what he had for breakfast, the weather, what the traffic was like on the way in...who knows. Maybe Ade doesn't even know.

PS For a tall/big/strong player I wish he would hold the ball up a bit better -as per a certain Dimitar Berbatov, for example.

And therein lies the problem................can the team go anywhere, when the 1 main man up front is so jekyll and hyde.....and no-one has ever worked out what it is, why it is and quite possibly who he is.

Thats why we are so split on here.....the people that like Ade love it when he plays well and defend him when he's pants and the people that hate him scream when he's useless but cannot bring themselves to applaud him when he has his (very) good days.

Ideally I would rather move on to someone who is more consistent, as its the wild inconsistency that kills me. In the end it has too much of a negative affect on the teams progress. Don't ask me who though i've not thought about that bit yet.:)

Togo, featuring Ade, lost their first qualifying game for next year's ACN. If they don't win on Wednesday they're going to have a really hard time getting there.

oh, when I saw this thread bumped I'd hoped we'd sold him to one of those countries whose transfer window is still open

if I thought he was our best striker, or even a half decent one my opinion would obviously be different

as it is I think he's crap

Which striker do we have that you think is better? :lol:

Kane is young and untested and soldado has shown a pathetic amount since being in the premier league.

Which striker do we have that you think is better? :lol:

Kane is young and untested and soldado has shown a pathetic amount since being in the premier league.

all of them, I'd rather have lloris up front than that lazy cnut, my hatred of him is such that I'm incapable of rationale argument, I just want him gone, we know what he can do, that he does it so infrequently means he's choosing not to, ergo, cnut

all of them, I'd rather have lloris up front than that lazy cnut, my hatred of him is such that I'm incapable of rationale argument, I just want him gone, we know what he can do, that he does it so infrequently means he's choosing not to, ergo, cnut

I still don't get the lazy tag. He ran his socks off against Liverpool and closed down like a madman. He was guilty of poor decision making more than anything else.

Choosing not to? That's an embarrassing statement. Pretty sure he's got a goal scoring record of, on average, around one every two games for us. If anything, we've floundered because we've never had a suitable replacement for him when he's out of form.

he was even more infuriating against Liverpool than normal IMO, yes he does a bit of pressing, what annoyed me was when he got the ball at his feet beyond the defence (twice) and rather than sprinting towards the goal and getting a shot off he sauntered allowing the defender to get back goal side and play it off him for a goal kick

he's got the build and the pace to torment centre halves, as he showed when we first loaned him, so why doesn't he?

Well you're stuck with him and he won't be leaving in January so put up and shut up!

Not how a forum works is it? Despite embarrassing himself on the JW thread I'm with Gale on this one. Soldado would be preferred for me just giving him a run of games is required.

Not how a forum works is it? Despite embarrassing himself on the JW thread I'm with Gale on this one. Soldado would be preferred for me just giving him a run of games is required.

I've said this before, but if we were to drop Ade, then Kane has done more to earn a run of games than Soldado imo.

Soldado?

I'd rather finish in the top half. Play ade when he's fit.

Back