• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

Does everyone think he has got the message yet.

He is lucky IMO Kane has picked up an injury, he might find a place on the bench, then again I bloody hope not. Bring on January please.

I'm not a big fan, but it can't hurt throwing him out there in a few cup games or even bringing him on in a league game if we need a goal. I don't think he's going to be the solution that a few think he will be though.

He played in a friendly against Enfield Town a few days ago. Along with Hotlby, Soldado, Naughton just to name a few.

We won 22-1, Dawson with an own goal. I know a few lads that play for Enfield Town & just saw it on their Twitter feeds.

No report as such, had a look on my Twitter for some of the comments but can't find any.

Was just a game at our training ground, think Sandro played along with Kaboul, Lennon all the players absent from international duty, I imagine some youngsters too.

Facebook | Tottenham Hotspur - On this day in 2011, Emmanuel Adebayor hit a first-half brace to beat Aston Villa 2-0 at the Lane. #THFC
1458494_10151834777293505_75442425_n.jpg

We won 22-1, Dawson with an own goal. I know a few lads that play for Enfield Town & just saw it on their Twitter feeds.

Did we really score 22 goals in the same match ? Find it hard to believe as we always stop playing after scoring 2 or 3 goals. But if we did score that many, maybe it will go a long way to improve our mentality in scoring goals.

AVB hints at Adebayor inclusion Tottenham Hotspur, Last updated: 1 hour 1 minute ago Andre Villas-Boas has revealed Emmanuel Adebayor may make his first Spurs appearance of the season against old club Emirates Marketing Project on Sunday. Adebayor was a key part of Villas-Boas' team last season, but this term he has been forced out of the running by �26million signing Roberto Soldado. Adebayor has only been on the bench on one occasion so far, but Villas-Boas looks set to include him in his matchday squad for the game at the Etihad Stadium. With Adebayor not being on international duty over the last fortnight, Villas-Boas has had a chance to look more closely at the Togo striker, who missed a large chunk of early season because he was allowed time off for compassionate leave. The striker, who spent three years at City before an acrimonious split with then manager Roberto Mancini, played in a behind-closed-doors friendly at the club's training ground last week and the Tottenham manager liked what he saw from the former Arsenal man. "Our likely approach is to go with one up front (at City)," Villas-Boas said. "They (Soldado, Adebayor and Jermain Defoe) are very near each other at the moment and it could be a possibility that even Ade could play that game. "These are all decisions that we have to take. We don't have enough reasons at the moment not to trust Soldado and Defoe because they've been excellent. "Hopefully it's a decision that's best for the team and best for the strategy."

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/tottenham-h...97.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

AVB hints at Adebayor inclusion Tottenham Hotspur, Last updated: 1 hour 1 minute ago Andre Villas-Boas has revealed Emmanuel Adebayor may make his first Spurs appearance of the season against old club Emirates Marketing Project on Sunday. Adebayor was a key part of Villas-Boas' team last season, but this term he has been forced out of the running by �26million signing Roberto Soldado. Adebayor has only been on the bench on one occasion so far, but Villas-Boas looks set to include him in his matchday squad for the game at the Etihad Stadium. With Adebayor not being on international duty over the last fortnight, Villas-Boas has had a chance to look more closely at the Togo striker, who missed a large chunk of early season because he was allowed time off for compassionate leave. The striker, who spent three years at City before an acrimonious split with then manager Roberto Mancini, played in a behind-closed-doors friendly at the club's training ground last week and the Tottenham manager liked what he saw from the former Arsenal man. "Our likely approach is to go with one up front (at City)," Villas-Boas said. "They (Soldado, Adebayor and Jermain Defoe) are very near each other at the moment and it could be a possibility that even Ade could play that game. "These are all decisions that we have to take. We don't have enough reasons at the moment not to trust Soldado and Defoe because they've been excellent. "Hopefully it's a decision that's best for the team and best for the strategy."

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/tottenham-h...97.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If Adebayor is fit (obviously we don't know), he is suchhh a better striker than JD, imo. I think him and Soldado could work very well together, with Andros and Lamela playing out wide. Sandro/Capoue and Paulinho/Dembele are more than strong enough to hold up in a 2. Don't think we'll play like that at City, but I think we could see it against weaker teams. On his day, Adebayor is very creative and is a very intelligent footballer, who would take some of the creative strain off Soldado. Could be great to see something like this in the future. People forget how good Adebayor is at playing football, and I think he could be a real help to our attack.

----------Lloris---------
Walker-Daws-Vert-Rose
Lamela-Sandro-Pauly--Andros (with both swapping wings)
-------Ade--------------
----------Soldado------

Interesting that there are rumours in the press that Levy wants Ade included in squad and get some match time, and then AVB comes out and says Ade is consideration. I doubt Ade has suddenly improved in a week. Either AVB thinks Ade is good enough or he doesn't. If yes, then he should have been in the match day squad all along, (and we might have picked up a few more points). If no he shouldn't let Levy influence his squad and team picking decisions.

Will the real Bad Ade please stand up?

gif_goal_adebayor_vs_chelsea.gif

I repeat, will the real Bad Ade please stand up?

adebayor-photo-756926242.gif

We're gonna have a problem here..

Reading the tweets I got the impression they've lost 1-22 in the two games they've played us, and that the game this week then would be a 11-1 for us?
Dawson own goal as you say, also read that Soldado scored a hat trick as expected in a 11 goal victory :)
Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Capoue, Holtby, Lennon, Adebayor, Soldado mentioned as playing.

with our current profligacy in front of goal, this would be the perfect time to play a "Wildcard" like ade who hasnt had an opportunity all season, unfortunately he's clearly rubbed AVB up the wrong way and bruised that big portugese ego

Interesting that there are rumours in the press that Levy wants Ade included in squad and get some match time, and then AVB comes out and says Ade is consideration. I doubt Ade has suddenly improved in a week. Either AVB thinks Ade is good enough or he doesn't. If yes, then he should have been in the match day squad all along, (and we might have picked up a few more points). If no he shouldn't let Levy influence his squad and team picking decisions.

Wouldn't be surprised if Levy has had a word, as a chairman I'd be annoyed if an employee was on 80k+ a week and not actually 'working'!

Back