• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

Ade needs to step it up, completely capable of being the #1 striker at most clubs in the world.

Can't blame Spurs/AVB on this one, the guy has a history.

I would really like to see him get back to form, us having the option of playing him and Soldado at home would be great.

We could do with him but at the moment, soldado needs games in this league and does not need to sit on the bench. We need consistency. AVB doesnt know his best side yet.

As for Ade he was fantastic in our best premierleague side (two seasons ago) but it clearly never worked with AVB.

We could do with him but at the moment, soldado needs games in this league and does not need to sit on the bench. We need consistency. AVB doesnt know his best side yet.

As for Ade he was fantastic in our best premierleague side (two seasons ago) but it clearly never worked with AVB.

I think playing for the contract aside, he thrived off of Modric and VDV

Nope did you even watch us last season, i think that clip in whichever game it was when the free kick went in and all of our attacking players ran for the rebound and ade was just stood there summed him up perfectly. Lazy git who only plays well when he wants a new contract. Next season he will play well because he will need to get teams interested in him for the following season.

Leave him to rot till next season then play him. We owe that git nothing. Same as defoe, yeah defoe does not have the bad attitude but he had his chances last season and he showed his level. I like defoe as a man and he is spurs now, but some people think he has earnt a place in the first team for the league. He has not he had his chance last season and could not hack it.

I do like defoe as a guy and a player and hope he sticks around but performances are the key.

+1

Kyle Walker says the players call Defoe "goals" during training sessions, "offside" would be a better nickname. Disappointed us far too many times over the years and has been given more than enough chances.

As for Adebayor, he doesn't have the desire to be a top player. For all the people saying he could be a number 1 striker at any club, why hasn't he succeeded long term at any of the clubs he has been at then?

Really?

You think that it's in any way possible for someone to attend all the training sessions and all the matches for as long as he has and not know their first choices?

Or do you mean that his choices don't match yours?

Twitter / OptaJoe: 277 - Since August 2006, Emmanuel Adebayor has been caught offside more than any other player in the Premier League. Creepy. :oops:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...or-hits-rock-bottom-at-tottenham-8919454.html

Of course having supported the recall of Ade, he'll probably get a chance an be rubbish again.... still we won't know until he plays...

Additional quote from Mirror

"If selected I will give everything to be a success here. If not selected, I will give everything to be selected. Yes, it's been frustrating but I just have to keep my hopes alive, keep training hard, keep doing my thing and my chance will surely come."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...riker-emmanuel-adebayor-2672397#ixzz2jmLWTJYj
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Hope he gets a chance. The real reason he did not bang in goals last season is the same reason Soldado is not scoring.

When you invest 26 million in a striker you get him playing well and scoring. You give him time.

Adebayor being krap is the reason we had to spend 26 million on Soldado in the first place.

When you invest 26 million in a striker you get him playing well and scoring. You give him time.

Adebayor being krap is the reason we had to spend 26 million on Soldado in the first place.

Yes, but Defoe, who was only marginally better in fractions of goals per game last season in the league gets a fair bit of match time, while Ade gets none.
AVB should be using all resources at his disposal to get goals and win games. but right now, one expensive and talented resource is being wasted.

Plus Ade has had one decent season and one bad one--so that is 50% strike rate, not really reason to freeze him out. Obviously there is other stuff going on -or at least I hope there is -but it is time AVB reintroduced Ade to the matchday squad and gave him some game time, as a sub at least, in games where we need to get goals. And it is not good man management to get the physio to tell Ade to train with the youth side -- if that is true - that's a cop out.

Yes, but Defoe, who was only marginally better in fractions of goals per game last season in the league gets a fair bit of match time, while Ade gets none.
AVB should be using all resources at his disposal to get goals and win games. but right now, one expensive and talented resource is being wasted.

Plus Ade has had one decent season and one bad one--so that is 50% strike rate, not really reason to freeze him out. Obviously there is other stuff going on -or at least I hope there is -but it is time AVB reintroduced Ade to the matchday squad and gave him some game time, as a sub at least, in games where we need to get goals. And it is not good man management to get the physio to tell Ade to train with the youth side -- if that is true - that's a cop out.

We already have too many positions up in the air - basically the front 6. I don't think we need even more chopping and changing. Plus his attitude has been appalling.

We spent 26 million on Soldado, who gave up the captaincy of Valencia to come and play for us, and I think we need to do everything we possibly can to get him firing. That's the priority. Adding another striker into the mix isn't what we need: we need our number one settled, firing and feeling good.

Wanted us to give him a chance in the Cup matches. But with Kane's convincing performance against Hull, Adebayor must be behind Kane in the team selection now. And AVB has indicated Adebayor has not been convincing during training either. The only way Adebayor will get a chance now is if Soldado, Defoe or Kane gets injured. But can see us trying to buy another stiker and sell or loan out Adebayor in January.

We already have too many positions up in the air - basically the front 6. I don't think we need even more chopping and changing. Plus his attitude has been appalling.

That's not fair. He went on leave after his brother died and came back to be told that he'd be chucked in the youth side despite the fact he hadn't even had a chance this season. I think saying that he is determined to prove his worth despite all that isn't a bad attitude at all. Considering how most players would have reacted if the same had happened how can you say that?

That's not fair. He went on leave after his brother died and came back to be told that he'd be chucked in the youth side despite the fact he hadn't even had a chance this season. I think saying that he is determined to prove his worth despite all that isn't a bad attitude at all. Considering how most players would have reacted if the same had happened how can you say that?
No one knows what his attitude has been like.

I think it's safe to assume that Harry Kane is above Ade in the pecking order. A great pity IMO, NOT because of Kane, he's actually really impressed me this season, but because I think if Ade is in the mood and firing on all cylinders, he is absolutely unstoppable.

No one knows what his attitude has been like.

but we saw his attitude on the pitch last season. he couldn't give a fck! plus the whole story where he missed a plane about 60 times coming back from the ACN.

No chance. I'm glad AVB has binned him. We don't need him and his like round the club. We want players with winning mentalities who want to be here and don't play exclusively for cash. I'm hopefully we've seen the last of him in a Spurs shirt.

but we saw his attitude on the pitch last season. he couldn't give a fck! plus the whole story where he missed a plane about 60 times coming back from the ACN.

No chance. I'm glad AVB has binned him. We don't need him and his like round the club. We want players with winning mentalities who want to be here and don't play exclusively for cash. I'm hopefully we've seen the last of him in a Spurs shirt.

He was used as a scape goat last season and the hate for him has followed on since. I remember seeing Ade press high up the field a number of times and also win the ball in our own half at times. The whole attitude thing is people believing what they read.

He was used as a scape goat last season and the hate for him has followed on since. I remember seeing Ade press high up the field a number of times and also win the ball in our own half at times. The whole attitude thing is people believing what they read.

And then trying to old on to the ball for ten minutes, take it to the bi line and then lose it to the opposition.

Back