• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

So AVB has plenty of opportunties to get Ade on the pitch this season. But he waits until now and sticks him on when we are 3-0 down to Emirates Marketing Project away -weakening the midfield in the process.. What has he suddenly discovered about Ade in the last week, he didn't know at the beginning of the season. What about all the other games when we were in better position but really needed a goal. And does that mean Ade is back in as second choice striker --or will he be banished to the reserves again?

Whether or not you rate Ade or think he should be played - I think the whole situation has been very poorly managed

So AVB has plenty of opportunties to get Ade on the pitch this season. But he waits until now and sticks him on when we are 3-0 down to Emirates Marketing Project away -weakening the midfield in the process.. What has he suddenly discovered about Ade in the last week, he didn't know at the beginning of the season. What about all the other games when we were in better position but really needed a goal. And does that mean Ade is back in as second choice striker --or will he be banished to the reserves again?

Whether or not you rate Ade or think he should be played - I think the whole situation has been very poorly managed

yes, didnt get that decision today, bit weird. Wonder if might start alongside Soldado next Sunday. Pretty sure Defoe will start in Norway.

Great avatar by the way, up there as one of my favourite films

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

This one?

fanscity.gif

Is that steward in the foreground doing a Bez style celebratory dance?

If he sets foot on the White Hart Lane turf again all my remaining season ticket will end up on StubHub.

Superhudd you may have a decision to make next weekend, looks like he is back in the reckoning. Certainly was no worse than anyone else today, so I have a feeling he will be in the squad v United too, if not starting alongside Soldado

yes, didnt get that decision today, bit weird. Wonder if might start alongside Soldado next Sunday. Pretty sure Defoe will start in Norway.

Great avatar by the way, up there as one of my favourite films

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

We want.......................a buggery.

More involved than Soldado, but missed a decent chance.

I for one have no idea who to stick up front against United and am pretty glad it's not my decision. Hopefully Ade and Defoe can play midweek.

More involved than Soldado, but missed a decent chance.

I for one have no idea who to stick up front against United and am pretty glad it's not my decision. Hopefully Ade and Defoe can play midweek.

I hear false number nines are all the rage these days. Spain even won an international tournament using it and West Ham came and beat the mighty Spurs 3-0 using that same system. Worth a go?

Superhudd you may have a decision to make next weekend, looks like he is back in the reckoning. Certainly was no worse than anyone else today, so I have a feeling he will be in the squad v United too, if not starting alongside Soldado

I will not be going then. if it looks like he is going to start I will put my ticket up on stubhub at cost price. I refuse to be party to that qunt playing for the Yids.

Emirates Marketing Project are still paying Emmanuel Adebayor £40,000 a week at Tottenham | Mail Online
Even for someone as wealthy as Sheik Mansour, the sight of Emmanuel Adebayor charging around in a Tottenham shirt on Sunday must have been galling. The frequency with which Emirates Marketing Project’s forwards struck against a woeful Spurs defence would have softened any sense of frustration. But the mere fact that he is also paying the guy playing up front for the opposition cannot sit terribly easily with City’s owner.

Adebayor represents an expensive mistake and continues to cost City a fortune every week, some three years after he last kicked a ball for them. It has been reported that City are still paying £95,000 a week of the £170,000 Adebayor stood to earn if he simply sat on his backside in the reserves, with Tottenham making up the difference after paying a purchase price of only £5million. But trusted sources close to the Manchester club claim the figure is closer to £40,000 a week. Either way, how can it be that the striker jostling with your defenders is on the same wage bill?

First things first. It would be a breach of Premier League rules for two clubs to be paying the wages of one player in such a situation and the Premier League examined the financial details of the deal before allowing it to go through. So what we actually have here is a player who received a pay-off to leave City, then agreed to receive that money in instalments over the two years that remained of his original contract. When Adebayor’s move to White Hart Lane was made permanent in August 2012, Sportsmail understands Tottenham agreed to pay him £101,000 a week. Not wishing to take such a big pay cut, Adebayor’s advisers then negotiated a pay-off with City. It is understood that is in the region of £4m paid in instalments over the two years — or approximately £40,000 a week.

As well as being something of a legend in his native Togo — there is a foundation in his name — Adebayor is described as an astute business man. At one stage, it has been suggested, he had a business that provided the guards for Togo’s prisons. The £20m drop in transfer fees aside, City would no doubt point to what they would also consider good business when Adebayor’s move to Tottenham became permanent; a saving of £10million in wages had Adebayor remained part of their squad. That, of course, is the positive spin on what remains another tale of excess in football.

Adebayor is a talented footballer and when he moved to Spurs on loan in the summer of 2011 he did well for manager Harry Redknapp, scoring 18 goals in 37 appearances. During that season-long loan, City paid the lion’s share of his salary. His first permanent season at Tottenham was not nearly as successful, bringing eight goals in 33 appearances. Then the sudden death of Adebayor’s brother last summer meant he missed most of pre-season. The 29-year-old is now said to be looking sharp again in training.

In the background, of course, is talk of Spurs chairman Daniel Levy moving Adebayor on in January. Prepare for one of the most complicated transfer negotiations in football history.

Good to have him back as an option at least. If we do want to go with two strikers when we're struggling to create he at least offers us a decent two striker option in our squad unlike Defoe and Soldado together.

Think he should start against Tromsø, try to give him some time on the pitch to regain some match fitness. Looked decent against City, touch was alright and he looked fine physically. Could be a big boost for him if he can find some form somehow.

Good to have him back as an option at least. If we do want to go with two strikers when we're struggling to create he at least offers us a decent two striker option in our squad unlike Defoe and Soldado together.

Think he should start against Tromsø, try to give him some time on the pitch to regain some match fitness. Looked decent against City, touch was alright and he looked fine physically. Could be a big boost for him if he can find some form somehow.

Where do you stand with the moral hazard of playing him and the message it sends to other players?

Although he's made himself available more than Tevez when he went golfing, there are some parallels to a situation that I believe was a major contributor in Mancini losing the respect of the dressing room.

Where do you stand with the moral hazard of playing him and the message it sends to other players?

Although he's made himself available more than Tevez when he went golfing, there are some parallels to a situation that I believe was a major contributor in Mancini losing the respect of the dressing room.

If there is a hazard in that hasn't the Rubicon already been crossed? AVB brought him back into the side after the ACN debacle, and although you could argue that we had no choice seeing as we had a limited number of strikers available he wasn't sold this summer, he has been back in the squad after his injury and he featured against City.

I have no way of knowing how much of an issue, if an issue at all, this is to the other players. Ade has always seemed well liked amongst the other players from the outside. His willingness to stick up for his international teammates should be applauded not criticized imo, as a slight side point. If there was a real problem with bringing him back I trust AVB to have taken a well considered approach to it. I don't think he's been brought back in panic as was the case with Tevez and Ade hasn't been anywhere near as out of line as Tevez was. In addition to that AVB has never said that Ade was finished the way Mancini did about Tevez from what I can remember.

In theory there's a comparison to be made, but I think the situations are different enough that I don't think it has to be an issue for AVB the way it seemed to be for Mancini. I don't think AVB is going back on his words the way Mancini did. I don't know if the squad feels that Ade let them down in a similar way to what Tevez did, but even if they do I think there's a decent chance that they can feel that Ade has had his punishment and is being brought back whereas Mancini painted himself into a corner with his comments about Tevez.

The only caveat would be if AVB in private with the players has said that Ade is done, this or that action was unacceptable and so on. In that case he's taking a massive risk, but I see no real reason to think that's happening.

I will not be going then. if it looks like he is going to start I will put my ticket up on stubhub at cost price. I refuse to be party to that qunt playing for the Yids.

Have to admire you for sticking to your principles. You must really hate the guy, I'm not sure I have ever reached the point where I've hated a Spurs player enough to boycott a game.
I'll admit after Ghaly threw his shirt down a few seasons back I was furious, but I didnt get to that stage.

Now, if we ever signed Joey Barton or Charlie Adam I may well have a big decision to make. Sign them both and I'd be off..

Clive Allen co-commentating when I watched sundays said Ade was training with the youth team.
He said that Ade worked really hard during the International break (youth team trains with the remaining players) and AVB decided he earned his place on the bench.

Back