• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

That is of course your opinion.

However, in the light of your well known disdain for anything Adebayor, even when he was playing decently this time last year, you will understand if I beg to differ...

I am not saying he would have propelled us to the CL but he would never had missed the sitters Soldado has and I am pretty sure he would have had a better goal tally.
He wouldn't have been there to miss them he'd have been on another jolly to Africa or hiding behind a defender.

I have all my marbles thankyou, just glad now Levy has cottoned on to this twunt. Yes I have my opinion based on not just football reasons, which in future I hope Daniel Levy also thinks about the next time he spends money on a known mercenary. Football mercenaries can fcuking do one as far as I'm concerned.

They are all mercenaries - Soldado left his 'home' because we paid him more and he was going to be a richer man because of this experience. 90% of Footballers go where the money is. FACT. At least that Mercenary can contribute to the cause.

Mate Soldado hides more than anyone else I've ever seen.
You must not have seen many footballers then.

Soldado keeps showing for the ball - far more than most of our static team (although Poch is improving them), he just keeps scuffing shots.

Mate Soldado hides more than anyone else I've ever seen.

You are joking. Im all for criticising his finishing which he was renowned for before joining, but he constantly shows for the ball and when he does receive he uses the ball intelligently, he's a technically good player. Ade loves to hang out wide in pointless positions or pick up the ball in the CM area and play a simple sideways pass that anyone should have done - basically anywhere but where we need him most of the time. Even more annoying is when he does get in the box he is a nuisance and can score goals so why he constantly hovers around areas where he isn't going to affect the game Ill never know....

I think what this thread also goes to show, is that there is a large number of people out there who having spent years following a football team, put little importance to the camaraderie needed amongst the cogs that make up a successful team. There are still Spurs supporters out there who feel that this spoilt child has been hard done by and that the management are at fault for their handling of the situation.

These past few days, we have seen nothing but total disrespect from Adebayor directed towards the people who employ him, and to the people that play/train/work alongside him. In the days leading up to what could be argued is the most important run of games this season and where his team mates would be putting maximum effort. Adebayor chose to Tweet and Instagram his self-righteous nonsense and also , flaunted his wealth and his jollity. Good luck messages from Ade, to those flying out to Florence ? Yeah sure , you fuuckin betcha.

I'm not a violent man but if I were on the same training field as this spoilt child, I can honestly say that I'd have no qualms about raking my studs down his Achilles tendons.

Think you may want to re-read this thread, rightly or wrongly he has been driven out of the team and club. He is pretty much no longer a spurs player
Capoue, Kaboul are in the same boat issue is over now.

No one has driven him out, it's him doing his own thing .

Exactly. We might as well moan about David Bentley or Ruel Fox, Ade is all but gone now.

Why shouldn't we discuss/moan about him if we want to ? There's ongoing threads about Bale , Sherwood, Redknapp and we're not to discuss Adebayor?

I think what this thread also goes to show, is that there is a large number of people out there who having spent years following a football team, put little importance to the camaraderie needed amongst the cogs that make up a successful team. There are still Spurs supporters out there who feel that this spoilt child has been hard done by and that the management are at fault for their handling of the situation.

Really???

What's the evidence that the players don't like him?

Even if this is the case, Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole hated each other's guts but that did not stop them contributing to the most successful side in EPL history.

Finally nobody is calling for Ade to be given a new contract! All some people like me are saying is that faced with a Hobson's choice between him and Soldado, he may provide better stop gap until the end of the season

For someone who claims:

you have a funny way of trying to prove it.

So now Adebayor is equated with a convicted rapist?

I understand football is an emotive subject but even you must see the ridiculousness of that comparison?

Adebayor worse than Soldado or Rebrov or Postiga?? Sell me another one, mate....

No, don't put words down that I didn't say. thankyou

Ched Evans was a reply to your rating a striker only on whether he scores goals or not. In which case I presume you would like to put this clam into your squad. Or maybe.. its not all about putting the ball in the back of the net. If your a twunt your a twunt, and no its doesn't correlate that one is a rapist the other is a lazy bellend, they are both twunts.

Last edited:
Really???

What's the evidence that the players don't like him?

Even if this is the case, Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole hated each other's guts but that did not stop them contributing to the most successful side in EPL history.

Finally nobody is calling for Ade to be given a new contract! All some people like me are saying is that faced with a Hobson's choice between him and Soldado, he may provide better stop gap until the end of the season

Yes it's true, Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham didn't like each other and were part of a sucessful team but they were proper professionals of the game and they wanted to win medals , had a hunger to win do well for the cause.
Ade is no Teddy or Andy Cole , he's a waster with one winners medal to his name despite playing for, some more than decent teams.

Again I did.. because you said its ONLY about putting the ball in the onion bag.. I disagree.

So you choose to bring in a totally irrelevant issue (a player with a criminal past) into the discussion and expect me me to applaud?

Yes: unless it is a wildly exceptional situation involving a criminal past, then - for me - it is only about putting the ball in the onion bag... I wouldn't give a hoot if he was a mercenary or not (as if 99% of all footballers are not mercenaries - they are just less honest about than Ade or previously BAE)

And on that basis, and ONLY until June, I would prefer Adebayor than Soldado on our bench.

Why do you think Poch is not utilising Adebayor? Could it be something to do with long term team planning ?

Now that's an argument I can subscribe to...

I have no idea why that is the case and it is pointless for me to postulate because I have no facts on the matter.

I don't think it's long term planning, more to do with the fact that he could think/hope/pray that Soldado would finally deliver.

Interesting to see what happens from now on, especially since yesterday was the first time that Poch singled out the Spaniard as the cause of our defeat...

Adebayor had the beginning part of the season to stake his claim for a place in Pochettinos team (1 goal in 10 iirc and generally awful all round performances), since then i don't think he has featured at all despite there being plenty of low key games in which he could have gotten a run out - that'd suggest it goes beyond footballing reasons as other players which have been dropped from the team have found their way back in for the odd games here and there, CF is our thinnest position so you'd expect to see him used even if the manager didn't rate him good enough to give the others a rest if nothing else.

i don't think he has featured at all despite there being plenty of low key games in which he could have gotten a run out - that'd suggest it goes beyond footballing reasons as other players which have been dropped from the team have found their way back in for the odd games here and there.

But you need to be fair and state that he was injured - physically or psychologically - for most of that time. Now you may not agree (I certainly don't) with his voodoo idiocies but he was away for at least two months and only came back a few weeks ago.

Let me repeat myself - I am no Ade fan and will be ecstatic if we get rid in the summer. I am simply taking a pragmatic point of view in his utilisation until then to the best benefit of the team.

on this kind of issue we don't know enough to say if his inclusion would be of benefit to the team though really - all we can do is hypothetically say that he may have done a better/worse job than Soldado and going by his opening 10 games this season, i certainly wouldn't be putting any money on it.

Back