• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Adebayor is certainly not getting an easy ride from Spurs fans in general or on this board. No idea why you would think that's the case.

He's currently being ignored more than anything. He's not in any squads. He's not being talked about by Poch. His contract is reportedly running out in the summer and I see no reason to think it will be extended. He's done at Spurs, there's just a bit of waiting before it actually happens. Speaking for myself I'm tired of expelling energy on Adebayor, not unlike how he's often tired of expelling energy on a football pitch perhaps.

The Ade thread had sunk to page three, meanwhile I'm reading harsh criticisms of players putting in shifts for the cause and at a time when the games are coming in thick and fast every four or so days. It got my back up :)

In theory, Ade would be a great option from the bench as a way to change our game in the way Soldado can't. In reality, Ade is Ade and I think fans don't care as much about him as they have given up on him. Other players get more grief because people care more about our team now and for next season, which Ade is not part of.

The Ade thread had sunk to page three, meanwhile I'm reading harsh criticisms of players putting in shifts for the cause and at a time when the games are coming in thick and fast every four or so days. It got my back up :)

Think you may want to re-read this thread, rightly or wrongly he has been driven out of the team and club. He is pretty much no longer a spurs player
Capoue, Kaboul are in the same boat issue is over now.

Think you may want to re-read this thread, rightly or wrongly he has been driven out of the team and club. He is pretty much no longer a spurs player

Exactly. We might as well moan about David Bentley or Ruel Fox, Ade is all but gone now.

Well, he's still contractually entitled to £7m more wages from us, so something has to be done rather than just writing him off and letting him train with the kids.

Well, he's still contractually entitled to £7m more wages from us, so something has to be done rather than just writing him off and letting him train with the kids.

Does it? I think Levy has shown he is willing to let certain players just run down their contract (ala Benny)

We badly could have done with Ade's help during Jan/Feb games, the fact that Poch has completely ignored him speaks volumes.

We might see him wear the shirt one or two more times, but I think effectively his time with us is done.

Adebayor, Capoue, and Kaboul didn't travel to Florence although they're fit, so that pretty much proves that Pochettino doesn't really see them as members of the squad anymore.

Where did you get that number from?

We have to pay him that regardless. With that knowledge Pochettino has to decide if including Adebayor in match day squads and/or starting line-ups adds more value to our team than using the other options available to him. Right now it seems that he thinks the best decision is to not include him, I don't see how you can claim that "something has to be done" about that.

I really think Poch has been at least fair enough with Ade. If we're at the point now where Ade no longer features in his plans I think that's fair enough too.

Agree but Soldado on the field has cost more and contributed less, but gets a very easy ride.

Precisely because he works his socks off and clearly the rest of the team likes him. SEEMING to work hard and really care goes a long way with fanes and colleagues. Ade SEEMS as if he rubs people the wrong way and his work ethic and commitment to his clubs (how many days did it take him to get back from the Africa Cup that year?) are questionable.

Back