• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Precisely because he works his socks off and clearly the rest of the team likes him. SEEMING to work hard and really care goes a long way with fanes and colleagues. Ade SEEMS as if he rubs people the wrong way and his work ethic and commitment to his clubs (how many days did it take him to get back from the Africa Cup that year?) are questionable.

To be honest, I would rather have a seemingly interested Ade than a totally blundering Soldado, whether his socks are on or off! What a total waste of space.

To be honest, I would rather have a seemingly interested Ade than a totally blundering Soldado, whether his socks are on or off! What a total waste of space.

Mk2 ade is better than soldado. Not sure how anyone could argue against that. Rebrov was better, cost less too, ginger pele??? Probably scored more league goals from open play while playing at cb most of the time.

Bobby is still better than rasaick though.... I think :)

Mk2 ade is better than soldado. Not sure how anyone could argue against that. Rebrov was better, cost less too, ginger pele??? Probably scored more league goals from open play while playing at cb most of the time.

Bobby is still better than rasaick though.... I think :)
A close call between Roberto and Rosenthal tho, both capable of scoring a hat-trick or missing an absolute sitter on any given day.

The sad fact is that even languid Ade has been more effective in front of goal than Soldado these past 2 seasons.

Soldado - 68 appearances (47 starts): 16 goals from 123 shots (13% conversion rate) + 9 assists over 4084 minutes = 163 mins per goal contribution
Adebayor- 41 appearances (36 starts): 17 goals from 78 shots (22% conversion rate) + 5 assists over 3216 minutes = 146 mins per goal contribution
Kane - 56 appearances (33 starts): 27 goals from 140 shots (19% conversion rate) + 5 assists over 3059 minutes = 96 mins per goal contribution

Soldado' figures are even more shocking if you were to exclude the 4 penalties which make up 25% of his entire goal tally as a Lilywhite.

A close call between Roberto and Rosenthal tho, both capable of scoring a hat-trick or missing an absolute sitter on any given day.

The sad fact is that even languid Ade has been more effective in front of goal than Soldado these past 2 seasons.

Soldado - 68 appearances (47 starts): 16 goals from 123 shots (13% conversion rate) + 9 assists over 4084 minutes = 163 mins per goal contribution
Adebayor- 41 appearances (36 starts): 17 goals from 78 shots (22% conversion rate) + 5 assists over 3216 minutes = 146 mins per goal contribution
Kane - 56 appearances (33 starts): 27 goals from 140 shots (19% conversion rate) + 5 assists over 3059 minutes = 96 mins per goal contribution

Soldado' figures are even more shocking if you were to exclude the 4 penalties which make up 25% of his entire goal tally as a Lilywhite.

Rosenthal didn't cost 26 million though. Andm i actually quite liked him... Can we compare his stats to soldados excluding pens?

In fact in the league, excluding pens and for a similar amount of games, how far back do we have to go, to find a striker worse than soldado?

In my eyes Adebayor is the worse striker we have ever signed in all 30 years I have been going to the Lane. Using the full picture, of every piece of anecdote and every stat, whether positive or negative... Adebayor comes rock bottom in my book and its a long way bottom too, not just missing 2nd bottom.. fcuking rock bottom.. where its so fcuking dark the animals don't have eyes.

His latest photos show what a clam he is.. His account has pretty much been dormant until this week, why not show himself fighting hard in training. But I shall not be bitter o_O... I'm here for life.. Adebayor will be forgotten in 5 years and will be known as the player that fits the word mercenary more than any other player to play in England.

In my eyes Adebayor is the worse striker we have ever signed in all 30 years I have been going to the Lane. Using the full picture, of every piece of anecdote and every stat, whether positive or negative... Adebayor comes rock bottom in my book and its a long way bottom too, not just missing 2nd bottom.. fcuking rock bottom.. where its so fcuking dark the animals don't have eyes.

His latest photos show what a clam he is.. His account has pretty much been dormant until this week, why not show himself fighting hard in training. But I shall not be bitter o_O... I'm here for life.. Adebayor will be forgotten in 5 years and will be known as the player that fits the word mercenary more than any other player to play in England.
You have absolutely no clue have you? You are free to have your opinion, but from a pure footballing perspective, what you say is just ridiculous and I think you know it too. o_O

after today, I would play Adebayor on one leg rather than soldado, last least Ade has put in some decent performances for us at some point/

Adebayor is not the answer. He is the most unreliable striker in world football, both on and off the pitch. Him and Soldado both need to be shown the door. Can people honestly say that after his performances this season that Ade would have done any better than Soldado? It's like being the thinnest kid at fat camp picking between those two.

don't we have any young 'uns to just throw in to the deep end ? i mean how much worse can it get?

No

Coulthirst (on loan at Southend) is the obvious 'next in line', but he's not supposed to be ready and there's doubt to whether he ever will be. The other two main forwards in the U21 side are Oduwa (currently at Luton) who looks very good (quick, direct) but is a LWF, and Miller who is a RWF (tricky, creative).

Other than those three there's a guy called Akindayini, but Windy reckons he'll be released in June.

Basically we've got an embarrassment of fantastic young midfielders, but the cupboard is bare on forwards. This is something Baldini and co need to look at in the summer - signing teenage forwards for the academy.

You have absolutely no clue have you? You are free to have your opinion, but from a pure footballing perspective, what you say is just ridiculous and I think you know it too. o_O

I have all my marbles thankyou, just glad now Levy has cottoned on to this twunt. Yes I have my opinion based on not just football reasons, which in future I hope Daniel Levy also thinks about the next time he spends money on a known mercenary. Football mercenaries can fcuking do one as far as I'm concerned.

Adebayor is not the answer. He is the most unreliable striker in world football, both on and off the pitch. Him and Soldado both need to be shown the door. Can people honestly say that after his performances this season that Ade would have done any better than Soldado? It's like being the thinnest kid at fat camp picking between those two.

I agree that he is not the answer beyond June but do you honestly think he could have done worse than Soldado?

I have all my marbles thankyou, just glad now Levy has cottoned on to this twunt. Yes I have my opinion based on not just football reasons, which in future I hope Daniel Levy also thinks about the next time he spends money on a known mercenary. Football mercenaries can fcuking do one as far as I'm concerned.

Interesting post...

You justify your statement that:

through a character reference...

I always thought that strikers were measured by the amount of goals they scored, irrespective whether they were c***s or not, but then what would I know???

Wonders what you may of/might have written in the Ched Evans debate!

Yes as the whole package, I think that Adebayor has been the worst striker we have had at the club. I think he is an average premier league striker that hits purple patches when it suits him and he is a twunt. His persona puts him lower than other less gifted strikers we have had.

Rasiak & Booth.. Frazier Campbell and Saha etc who were really only fill ins and IMO cannot be classed as Tottenham players of substance IMO and therefore don't put them in the argument because that is cheap shots at those players.

Wonders what you may of/might have written in the Ched Evans debate!

For someone who claims:
I have all my marbles thankyou
you have a funny way of trying to prove it.

So now Adebayor is equated with a convicted rapist?

I understand football is an emotive subject but even you must see the ridiculousness of that comparison?

Adebayor worse than Soldado or Rebrov or Postiga?? Sell me another one, mate....

I agree that he is not the answer beyond June but do you honestly think he could have done worse than Soldado?
I think he'd have done much worse than Soldado.

He'd have scored 0 goals too but wouldn't have been at all involved in the build up and pressing that Soldado is.

So given the choice between two strikers who can't score I'd choose the one that actually bothers to get involved on the pitch in other ways.

I think he'd have done much worse than Soldado.

He'd have scored 0 goals too but wouldn't have been at all involved in the build up and pressing that Soldado is.

So given the choice between two strikers who can't score I'd choose the one that actually bothers to get involved on the pitch in other ways.

That is of course your opinion.

However, in the light of your well known disdain for anything Adebayor, even when he was playing decently this time last year, you will understand if I beg to differ...

I am not saying he would have propelled us to the CL but he would never had missed the sitters Soldado has and I am pretty sure he would have had a better goal tally.

Reactions: DTA
Back