• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Emmanuel Adebayor has no intention of leaving Tottenham, with the divisive striker insisting recent off-field issues are now behind him.

Following nine turbulent weeks out of action, the 30-year-old made his return as a second-half substitute in Spurs' 2-1 win against Sunderland on Saturday.

Injury and illness kept Adebayor out of action before a period of compassionate leave due to family issues, with the striker quoted in November as saying his mother was practising black magic on him.

That was a subject the Togo forward was understandably coy about, yet he was more forthcoming about returning to action for the first time in 69 days.

"I went through a lot, obviously, but, for me, being back on the pitch and playing football again, that's what matters to me," Adebayor said.

"I am very happy and I am very pleased and, yes, now hopefully I can get my form back and enjoy myself on the football pitch. That's the most important thing.

"I obviously had an issue with my family - things aren't going along right and I decided to go back home and find a solution for it.

"In between coming back I got a few injuries as well, but, at the end of the day, the most important thing is to get my head right, get my life
and, for me, that's all that matters.

"Football is a game - we enjoy it, we embrace it but sometimes when you need a break, you have to take it.

"Now I am back and very happy to be back again playing and doing my job again."

Asked if the issues he mentioned are now resolved, Adebayor said: "I don't know whether they are sorted out or not.

"But, for me, I've realised with my age that I just have to leave all these problems behind me and do what I love doing best, which is playing football.

"So, sorted out? I don't know. But behind me? Definitely, yes."

Adebayor's return was not universally welcomed at White Hart Lane, where a number of fans booed the striker as he came on for his first appearance since November 9.

Spurs lost that day at home to Stoke, after which the frontman incurred the wrath of fans for suggesting the team would rather play away due to the pressure being put on them.

Tottenham supporters were understandably irked by those comments, compounding a perceived lack of interest from the striker reportedly earning in excess of £100,000 per week.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is said to be keen to get Adebayor off the payroll, with Galatasaray, Besiktas and Parma among clubs linked with him.

However, the former Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project striker says he is happy at White Hart Lane, albeit aware how circumstances can change.

"I am a footballer, you know? Obviously a lot of people always say I always play for contracts - at the end of the day, we are all footballers," Adebayor said.

"This is what I choose to do. This is my life, this is my work, this is what I do to feed my family.

"At the moment I have a contract with Tottenham, I am committed to the club and I will always give my best to my club, which is Tottenham."

Asked if he expects to see season out with Spurs, Adebayor replied: "Obviously, yeah, otherwise I would have come out and said I want to leave.

"I am a player who is not afraid to face the reality that if I have to leave, I will leave.

"At the moment I am at the club, so I am very happy to be here."​

Kaboul and Adebayor : Redknapp's legacy is torturing us. Always knew we would be in trouble when we bought both.

Kaboul and Adebayor : Redknapp's legacy is torturing us. Always knew we would be in trouble when we bought both.

What you mean kaboul who under Redknapp was a beast and one of our best players for a good 2-3 seasons? Injuries have ****ed him but to call that is wrong.

Redknapp also didn't get his first choice strikers from levy so got Ade in and overall he has contributed with a reasonable return of goals and assists.

Has he has issues this year and last? Yes

Has he has periods of hot and cold form? Yes

Has he had sustained periods of excellent performances? Yes

Has he generally put in a shift? Yes

You talk like we had the option on any of the worlds best strikers - we don't and in hindsight ADE has done ok, ESP in comparison to others

I thought people said that he refused to play and that he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room , constantly trying to undermine Pochettino's authority at every turn?

how could he have been given a game yesterday if poch doesnt want him to play?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought people said that he refused to play and that he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room , constantly trying to undermine Pochettino's authority at every turn?

how could he have been given a game yesterday if poch doesnt want him to play?

What you mean kaboul who under Redknapp was a beast and one of our best players for a good 2-3 seasons? Injuries have ****ed him but to call that is wrong.

Redknapp also didn't get his first choice strikers from levy so got Ade in and overall he has contributed with a reasonable return of goals and assists.

Has he has issues this year and last? Yes

Has he has periods of hot and cold form? Yes

Has he had sustained periods of excellent performances? Yes

Has he generally put in a shift? Yes

You talk like we had the option on any of the worlds best strikers - we don't and in hindsight ADE has done ok, ESP in comparison to others

kaboul HAD one good year. he has been utter **** every other time.

Technically. But Harry loaned him with the option to buy IIRC

I don't know about the option to buy. We waited all summer before picking up Adebayor when other options did not come off. I think that it is unlikely that City would have let us leave it that long before deciding to action an option.

I don't know about the option to buy. We waited all summer before picking up Adebayor when other options did not come off. I think that it is unlikely that City would have let us leave it that long before deciding to action an option.

if we had the option to buy City wouldn't have been able to influence when we chose to activate it

edit : actually you're right, the option to buy would have expired when the loan deal finished i guess?

if we had the option to buy City wouldn't have been able to influence when we chose to activate it

edit : actually you're right, the option to buy would have expired when the loan deal finished i guess?

I think that it was clear that City were hoping to sell to a club who would pick up his whole wages and we were looking at targets that AVB preferred that summer. When neither came off, we signed Ade.

Unbelievable pulling out the line feed my family. Utter ****.

- - - Updated - - -

Unbelievable pulling out the line feed my family. Utter ****.

I didn't recall correctly!

But it was apparent that we were interested in bringing him back all along

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-manager-harry-redknapp-wants-832317

Perhaps it even suggests (with the benefit of hindsight) that we spent all summer haggling. IIRC the final delay was the player failing to agree some sort of settlement with the club, which irked me at the time.

I didn't recall correctly!

But it was apparent that we were interested in bringing him back all along

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-manager-harry-redknapp-wants-832317

Perhaps it even suggests (with the benefit of hindsight) that we spent all summer haggling. IIRC the final delay was the player failing to agree some sort of settlement with the club, which irked me at the time.

The delay was Ade refusing to leave without City paying up the rest of his contract. I think they eventually settled on City paying the difference between what we were offering and what he was earning.

I fully expect similar stories to come out about his next club in the coming months.

Ade .. groan, I hope we are smart about this.

If the guy goes on a decent run and can help us in 2nd half of the season, great, lets use him.

But make no mistake, we will be in the same spot next season if we don't understand he will never be consistent, we need to ship him out and get him replaced by someone you can depend on for a full season or two.

Ade .. groan, I hope we are smart about this.

If the guy goes on a decent run and can help us in 2nd half of the season, great, lets use him.

But make no mistake, we will be in the same spot next season if we don't understand he will never be consistent, we need to ship him out and get him replaced by someone you can depend on for a full season or two.

Didn't I read that his contract is up in the summer anyway?

What we need to remember is that in this day and age of the inter web, these stories seem to come up more and more. A player goes through a bad but of form and instantly stories come out that it's attitude rather than form, that they want to leave, that they're a disruptive influence etc etc, the longer their whatever the opposite colour of a purple patch is (I'd suggest brown....), the more the stories become elaborated - like the other version of repeaters in the talkers thread in random.

Vertonghen was the subject when he played badly, Kaboul has been, the list goes on and on and it's a familiar pattern. Sometimes all it takes is a **** pass and you'll hear from the seat behind ya, "he don't wanna be here" or other nonsense. It's these unsubstantiated views of macarons that then make their way onto the net and slowly gain steam as the elaborators fight for itk points. Yeah the juju stuff is true but a lot of the rest is probably a right load of old cobblers.

He lost me when he mentioned being here for the money. Of course you are, who wouldn't be but don't rub it in fella. He reputedly earns about £100k a week so to not see him give his heart and soul for 90 minutes a ****ing week is a disgrace. Takes the ****. £100K a week to sit about saying he is happy where he is. No ****ing doubt you are.

I thought, considering how long he has been out, he looked ok on Saturday. Was keen to be involved, got a few touches, his normal weak shot.

Basically:

He has either overcome his alleged problems

Or (more likely)

Has realised he will not get the money he wants if he leaves in January, so has decided he will play his socks off so he gets a good deal in the summer

The latter would be brilliant as he might help us push up the table and compete in all 4 competitions.

Back