• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Don't get the Ant-Ade agenda i really don't, to my mind there has been 1 very bad incident, when he returned back from the ACN late when we had injury problems.

Ade is probably harder work to manage than soldado, and maybe he is a streaky player (but so was defoe), however for somebody that came in cheap im not sure unless there are underlying racial or anti-gooner agendas why he is treated so differently.

I just think he is a player like dembele, that hasnt fulfilled his potential and who's career has/is passing him by, and has been a good rather than world class player.

Hated Player

Cost 6mil
Wages 80-100k a week (Whatever supplements he was getting from others isnt relevant to us)

Appearances: 106
Goals: 41

Highly Supported Player

Cost 26mil
Wages 60k

Appearances: 55
Goals: 15

ade is very different from dembele, at least dembele bothers to show up in every game, puts leg and limb into the tackle every time. things may not turn out well but demebele will always make his presence felt for better or for worse with the ball.

ade appears to do very badly without the ball !

Here are a few more reasons why there is anti-Ade sentiment:

He played for the Goons - Which i said
Ade has a history of phoning it in during his second season at a club and turning on the style when there is a new contract to be won Or he is streaky
Ade ****ged off the fans a couple of months ago And was generally agreed was perhaps right message wrong messenger
There are rumours he is a de-stabilizing presence in the squad Which i said
While his transfer fee was cheap his wages are not (and for his loan spell and first season Emirates Marketing Project paid half of them) Which i said
Soldado always works his *******s off, doesn't hide or **** off the fans.

Im not Ade's biggest fan im just not sure why he is the symbol of such hate when others are treated so favourably. If Ade has missed some of the chances soldado has this year he would have needing a protection squad to get in and out of the ground.

I would sell Ade now, however i think we have players who have sulked far more, players who have performed less and those who have cost more. Im not sure why we always have to have a spacegoat.

OK...

I have always felt the guy requires a certain type of man-management, and further, I have also felt the guy is actually a decent man who has the weight of many on his shoulders due to Togolese issues (responsible for family members, doubtless friends, etc)...but I am happy to stand up and say that yes, there was a falling out, yes those three players did have disagreements (or more to the point they disagreed with the manager who was fine with that but made it very clear they would not feature prominently) and if all three could be released from the wage-bill/sold, it would happen. Poch is no idiot. He knows how to maintain relationships with players and keep them onside, given that he might well have to use them when the club is in all cups still and playing more games than any other side in English football, but anyone who believes those three have not become 'squad' players at best is simply not paying attention. The manager has made it clear that there is no hierarchy, only work ethic, and that everyone must be onboard with both that and their desire/effort in training. Is it any coincidence that after a poor start to the season Eriksen stepped up, got stronger, put extra time in at training and started taking responsibility? He wants it. That's what. It's a shame with Ade because the man has such talent that he should be Bony+, but for whatever reason he isn't. I am not an Ade-basher, but the truth of it is that he is no longer a first-choice starter, he is a squad player at best and if we could get (say) Besiktas to pay all his wages and a nominal fee (or any of the suitors who have sniffed around) we would do the deal. The fact the manager is not stupid, or stubborn, enough to freeze someone out because they have no long-term future is to his benefit. Of course, that does not mean he is beyond sending players 'back to school'...how long did it take Dier to get back to the squad after the Newcash mistake? Lennon looks to have cooked his goose for answering back over losing his man for Chelsea's first goal at the Bridge. This manager lets you see it all, he is not a bull****ter. I know there is cynicism in this thread, and thats fine, hey-ho, horses for courses and all that flowery stuff. But 'tis the truth.

OK...

I have always felt the guy requires a certain type of man-management, and further, I have also felt the guy is actually a decent man who has the weight of many on his shoulders due to Togolese issues (responsible for family members, doubtless friends, etc)...but I am happy to stand up and say that yes, there was a falling out, yes those three players did have disagreements (or more to the point they disagreed with the manager who was fine with that but made it very clear they would not feature prominently) and if all three could be released from the wage-bill/sold, it would happen. Poch is no idiot. He knows how to maintain relationships with players and keep them onside, given that he might well have to use them when the club is in all cups still and playing more games than any other side in English football, but anyone who believes those three have not become 'squad' players at best is simply not paying attention. The manager has made it clear that there is no hierarchy, only work ethic, and that everyone must be onboard with both that and their desire/effort in training. Is it any coincidence that after a poor start to the season Eriksen stepped up, got stronger, put extra time in at training and started taking responsibility? He wants it. That's what. It's a shame with Ade because the man has such talent that he should be Bony+, but for whatever reason he isn't. I am not an Ade-basher, but the truth of it is that he is no longer a first-choice starter, he is a squad player at best and if we could get (say) Besiktas to pay all his wages and a nominal fee (or any of the suitors who have sniffed around) we would do the deal. The fact the manager is not stupid, or stubborn, enough to freeze someone out because they have no long-term future is to his benefit. Of course, that does not mean he is beyond sending players 'back to school'...how long did it take Dier to get back to the squad after the Newcash mistake? Lennon looks to have cooked his goose for answering back over losing his man for Chelsea's first goal at the Bridge. This manager lets you see it all, he is not a bull****ter. I know there is cynicism in this thread, and thats fine, hey-ho, horses for courses and all that flowery stuff. But 'tis the truth.

Thanks for the summary and well put.

IHzP0.gif

igvKZIOX0htAo.gif

Adebayor clearly has many flaws and infuriatingly rarely plays to his full, immense, potential but criticising him for being a former Gooner is as daft as holding it against Defoe that he grew up idolising Ian Wright.

v7ql41.jpg

There have been times when I have been of the view that this clown has deliberately sabotaged our games, so lame were his efforts.

I share this view, and I am in the majority view of people on here who want him gone...

however...

We have little to no chance of shifting him this transfer window....If he is to remain with the club then despite my feelings I concede that Poch is handling this situation in the correct way.We have a lot of games and despite how we might feel about Ade the person most of us know he 'has' the ability and potential to deliver decent peformances, goals and the ability to bully opposition cb's when he is up for it.

Bottom line I want him gone but accept it is not going to happen in the immediate future....therefore we know the talent is there and we have to try and 'drag' it out of him which will benefit Tottenham Hotspur in what is now the business end of the season.

So with a heavy and doubtful heart I say......COME ON ADE! pull your finger out!

Adebayor clearly has many flaws and infuriatingly rarely plays to his full, immense, potential but criticising him for being a former Gooner is as daft as holding it against Defoe that he grew up idolising Ian Wright.

v7ql41.jpg

That's one of my favourite things that's happened in football since Gascoigne's free kick.

From what Steff is saying it really does show the quality of manager we have in Poch. I am already worrying who we will get in when Real poach him.

I wish that we had somebody better to cover Kane up front than Adebayor (or at least somebody with a better attitude). Unfortunately however we do not. So until we go out and purchase another centre forward we're stuck with Adebayor. I hope that the manager's sympathetic response to his family issues will be rewarded by Ade. Without Adebayor in a decent frame of mind, then if we want to rest Kane or play him as our number 10, we are left with the unappetising prospect of Soldado up front... and surely nobody (other than opposition defenders and goalkeepers) wants to see that!

From what Steff is saying it really does show the quality of manager we have in Poch. I am already worrying who we will get in when Real poach him.

The thing which has impressed me the most about Poch is that he is strong but incredibly dignified. No-one gets thrown under the bus, no-one gets called out, he isn't interested in furthering his reputation in the media and he has gone about dismantling a mentality which was grandfathered into the dressing room with real energy and verve; I'd say he is nearly halfway to where he wants to be. There is little doubt that he still wants to see more change with regards to the playing staff, but he is very good at managing what he has.
I think it comes down to opinions, and either people will agree with what they're seeing and like him too, or they will think he's not good enough. I think, personally, that if we can stick with him, Poch will bring us to not just a few trophies but the nucleus of a side which can genuinely become massive in the coming years. Levy needs to give him what he wants (he is reasonable) and we need to hope we can hold onto him.

v7ql41.jpg

Absolutely agree. This was an epic, epic, epic moment in modern football and he wiped away all my prejudices with this! I still believe the man is actually very decent, but bears the enormous weight of being a Togolese superstar.

Back