• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

talking about footballing ability here. not any alleged stuff

I think 99% of our fan base know that if all forwards are on form he's our best striker, but when he has played this season he's been nowhere near that and the last month or so he's not even been in the squad.

So I'll say again, what's the point in him taking up a squad place if, for whatever reason it is this time, he's not available for selection?! Complete waste, get rid now.

I think 99% of our fan base know that if all forwards are on form he's our best striker, but when he has played this season he's been nowhere near that and the last month or so he's not even been in the squad.

So I'll say again, what's the point in him taking up a squad place if, for whatever reason it is this time, he's not available for selection?! Complete waste, get rid now.

Good morning.

Let me invite no-one else to join me in The One Per-cent Club.

Unless, of course, you don't rate 'A' as our best.

Whiffler
Founder, Chairman, Secretary and Spokesman for TOP C (The One Per-cent Club)

Has anybody considered the fact that he might've been available for selection and Pochettino just didn't choose to select him?

Probably most people did I'd have thought?! which is why he's no longer worth a place in the squad, in a game he made 7 changes, we only have 3 senior strikers, 1 of which has recently had a huge workload, Poch didn't deem Ade worthy of a place in the squad. Get rid!!

Probably most people did I'd have thought?! which is why he's no longer worth a place in the squad, in a game he made 7 changes, we only have 3 senior strikers, 1 of which has recently had a huge workload, Poch didn't deem Ade worthy of a place in the squad. Get rid!!

I think that will only happen if:
a) we can actually get somebody else
and
b) we can find a club that Ade is prepared to join who could/would actually pay his wages.

Check all the training video's for the past week or 2 and Ade is in the Majority of them. It's almost a certainty that Poch doesn't fancy him.

I would love to know the real story behind Ade. It is very frustrating as we all know what he can be capable of and we are running Kane into the ground and poor Bobby just doesn't look up to it. You would think there could be some way Poch can sort this out with Ade and make him realize it's in everybody's best interest if he works hard and gets back into the team.

According to tuttomercato, Roma's Walter Sabatini has contacted Tottenham directly to ask about the possibility of a loan for the Togolese striker. However, those tentative plans were interrupted as soon as Roma managed to hear from the striker himself - Adebayor would want a wage increase to move. TMW say that is an 'unimaginable prospect' and explain that 'the demands of the player make it too difficult to carry out the operation'.

According to tuttomercato, Roma's Walter Sabatini has contacted Tottenham directly to ask about the possibility of a loan for the Togolese striker. However, those tentative plans were interrupted as soon as Roma managed to hear from the striker himself - Adebayor would want a wage increase to move. TMW say that is an 'unimaginable prospect' and explain that 'the demands of the player make it too difficult to carry out the operation'.
Hardly surprising.

Totti is meant to be on £80k a week and the highest earner at Roma, there is no way that they would pay Ade more than that let alone £100k+

Didn't get to watch the game yesterday (other than highlights) but sounds like Ade done reasonably well yesterday? More effective than Soldado? With Kane, Eriksen and Chadli all in great goalscoring form the onus isn't on Ade or even Soldado to stay in the box, maybe his random running around everywhere but the penalty box might actually be a benefit to us if we really can't shift him this transfer window.

Didn't get to watch the game yesterday (other than highlights) but sounds like Ade done reasonably well yesterday? More effective than Soldado? With Kane, Eriksen and Chadli all in great goalscoring form the onus isn't on Ade or even Soldado to stay in the box, maybe his random running around everywhere but the penalty box might actually be a benefit to us if we really can't shift him this transfer window.

He at least looked interested in trying. Made himself a nuisance at times with his physicality, ran around, pressed reasonably well.

Could still be an asset based on yesterday's game.

Emmanuel Adebayor insists recent off-field issues are behind him & that he has no intention of leaving. "I went through a lot, obviously, but being back on the pitch & playing football again, that's what matters to me.
I obviously had an issue with my family - things aren't going along right & I decided to go back home and find a solution for it. Football is a game - we enjoy it, we embrace it but sometimes when you need a break, you have to take it."

-Asked if the off-field issues are now resolved, Adebayor said: "Sorted out? I don't know. But behind me? Definitely, yes. Obviously a lot of people always say I play for contracts - at the end of the day, we're all footballers.
This is my life, this is my work, this is what I do to feed my family. At the moment I have a contract with Tottenham...I'm committed to the club & will always give my best to my club, which is Tottenham.
I'm a not afraid to face the reality that if I have to leave, I will leave. At the moment I am at the club, so I am very happy"

Emmanuel Adebayor insists recent off-field issues are behind him & that he has no intention of leaving. "I went through a lot, obviously, but being back on the pitch & playing football again, that's what matters to me.
I obviously had an issue with my family - things aren't going along right & I decided to go back home and find a solution for it. Football is a game - we enjoy it, we embrace it but sometimes when you need a break, you have to take it."

-Asked if the off-field issues are now resolved, Adebayor said: "Sorted out? I don't know. But behind me? Definitely, yes. Obviously a lot of people always say I play for contracts - at the end of the day, we're all footballers.
This is my life, this is my work, this is what I do to feed my family. At the moment I have a contract with Tottenham...I'm committed to the club & will always give my best to my club, which is Tottenham.
I'm a not afraid to face the reality that if I have to leave, I will leave. At the moment I am at the club, so I am very happy"

In other words, Adebayor is admitting that no other clubs want him. As such, he has no choice but to stay at Spurs eventhough we don't want him either.

And by playing him against Sunderland, albeit as a sub, Pochettino is telling us that we won't be buying any other striker in this transfer window as well.

Ade said:
but sometimes when you need a break, you have to take it

Ah, seems it's been my misunderstanding all along.

I was under the impression that the club and the PL fixture list decided when Ade's holidays were - clearly it's up to him when he turns up.

****er.

Back