• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Parma in talks with Tottenham Hotspur striker

Despite a clear need to improve their attacking options, a deal for Tottenham Hotspur’s Togolese frontman Emmanuel Adebayor to join Serie A side Parma appears some way off with club and player unable to get close to agreeing personal terms.

The often controversial 30-year-old is out-of-favour at the London club making just eight Premier League appearances under new coach Mauricio Pochettino and they have made it clear he can find a new club.

However, despite his representatives meeting with Ducali officials Pietro Leonardi and Antonello Prieti ParmaLive.com report that talks did not prove constructive given the wage demands of the striker who is on extremely lucrative terms at Tottenham.

It is unlikely therefore that Parma will proceed with a move for the 2008 African Footballer of the Year with such a short period in which to close a deal.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/01/parma-in-talks-with-tottenham-hotspur-striker/
Not really surprising.

I suspect he'll run down his contract or stink the place up until we release him from it, then pocket a signing on fee.

He'll probably try and excuse it by saying his juju told him to do it or something.

Can't see why we can't just loan him out and pay 50%/75% of his wages as he won't be playing here anyway so better to save a few quid than waste it all on him.

Can't see why we can't just loan him out and pay 50%/75% of his wages as he won't be playing here anyway so better to save a few quid than waste it all on him.

It might invalidate the current arrangement with City paying half his wages?

That deal ended last summer when his City contract would have been up.

If that's the case, I'd imagine his wages have just dropped to £100k from us (whereas it had previously been £100k from us and £100k from City).

I can't imagine a we'd've struck any deal that meant we'd be liable to pay all £200k for the last 1+1 year of his contract.

Even still £100k is a lot for teams likely to be interested in him to match

If that's the case, I'd imagine his wages have just dropped to £100k from us (whereas it had previously been £100k from us and £100k from City).

I can't imagine a we'd've struck any deal that meant we'd be liable to pay all £200k for the last 1+1 year of his contract.

Even still £100k is a lot for teams likely to be interested in him to match

I believe that is the case and his salary dropped to £100k in the summer. Although my understanding is that City paid £70k towards his £170k a week salary.

I'm pretty sure Ade won't accept.

He has the choice of doing **** all and getting paid for it or actually working to earn the same money. We might convince him if there's a pay rise in there somewhere.

I'm pretty sure Ade won't accept.

He has the choice of doing **** all and getting paid for it or actually working to earn the same money. We might convince him if there's a pay rise in there somewhere.
He joined us from City on loan.

Can't believe Harry doesn't want him on loan for the rest of the season, even if they only pay half his wages. Would strengthen QPR against our competitors too. Of course this is all dependant on the remaining levels of bad juju. Do we know if he's been exorcised?

Can't believe Harry doesn't want him on loan for the rest of the season, even if they only pay half his wages. Would strengthen QPR against our competitors too. Of course this is all dependant on the remaining levels of bad juju. Do we know if he's been exorcised?

They've already got Mauro Zarate (also a striker), so they are only allowed 1 more loan player in (the limit is 2 from your own league)

He joined us from City on loan.

He was playing for a permanent contract though (hence MKI Ade), I thought (and I may have misunderstood) that the suggestion was to loan him just to get him playing and save us money.

If it's a loan to buy type deal then I think he'll do it (assuming the wages available at the "buy" stage are pretty huge).

I think there's still a smudge of it on one of his favourite shirts.

It would seem to make sense for Ade to go out on loan for the remainder of the season. After all he is out of contract in the Summer and a good loan spell somewhere could mean improved contract offers for him this Summer.

It would seem to make sense for Ade to go out on loan for the remainder of the season. After all he is out of contract in the Summer and a good loan spell somewhere could mean improved contract offers for him this Summer.
As with all Levy deals, would not surprise me if we had an added 1 year option.

As with all Levy deals, would not surprise me if we had an added 1 year option.

Yeah - we do have a 1 year option on Ade (and Kaboul). But it's our right to exercise it or not.

So basically we'll extend if we realistically think we can sell him for more than £5.2m (his year's salary) with one year left on his contract

Yeah - we do have a 1 year option on Ade (and Kaboul). But it's our right to exercise it or not.

So basically we'll extend if we realistically think we can sell him for more than £5.2m (his year's salary) with one year left on his contract
The £5.2 million salary is the exact reason why we won't get a transfer fee worth mentioning.

Back