• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

his talent for falling out with key players is immense.

AVB clearly decided that Ade was lazy, uncommitted, unreliable and wanted him out of the club. Had the club backed AVB fully, they would somehow have pushed Ade out - but given his wages, that ain't easy. I was very surprised to see him included against City. All history now. If Sherwood can bring out the best of Ade, ie get him scoring, he will deserve the praise he will get.

'Sherwood is keen to give Adebayor a chance after he was forced to train with the youth-team players at the start of the season and even told to apologise from a raised platform to the entire squad for his behaviour.'

That is a quote from an Article in yesterdays Independent newspaper. If and I am saying If it is true then AVB is a fool, a real inept fool.Who should never be let near a football club again.

Here is a link to the article http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/sherwood-to-bring-adebayor-back-into-spurs-fold-29847444.html

If it is true - forget Ade for a while, imagine how embarrassed the other players would have felt

Ade didn't turn up for training half the time last year so it was right he was dropped

Well lets hope the mighty tim can get something out of Ade......My personal feelings aside I believe Ade does have the tools to get some goals for us......we need to start getting some return on those massive wages he picks up every week.

personally cant wait until he's off our roster......cant wait for a spurs minus adebayor until then use and abuse him....

Hopefully Ade's exile has him motivated to be involved in 1st team and actually play.

A motivated Ade could make all the difference this season.

'Sherwood is keen to give Adebayor a chance after he was forced to train with the youth-team players at the start of the season and even told to apologise from a raised platform to the entire squad for his behaviour.'

That is a quote from an Article in yesterdays Independent newspaper. If and I am saying If it is true then AVB is a fool, a real inept fool.Who should never be let near a football club again.

Here is a link to the article http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/sherwood-to-bring-adebayor-back-into-spurs-fold-29847444.html

If it IS true, it would make sense why AVB and Ade never saw eye to eye. I really hope that our next manager (Sherwood or whoever) can bring back the Mk1 Ade. Then maybe our season won't end in tatters.

From the bbc, made me chuckle .

The good news for Tottenham fans is that they may have a multi-million pound, £120,000-a-week striker back in the fold from tonight.

Emmanuel Adebayor, scorer of 17 Premier League goals for Spurs just two seasons ago, was frozen out under AVB but there is a lot of chat that he will be re-integrated now that the Portuguese is out the door.

A viable asset on his day? Definitely.

A lazy, static, uninterested waste of time on his other days? Possibly...

Ultimately its not going to hurt giving him another chance, its not like he's going to be taking the place of an in form striker (putting tactical thoughts to the side). If i remember correctly he was talking in the summer or early in the season about wanting to fight for his position/place in the team so i guess we'll see over the next few matches how much he wants it (or not).

Ultimately its not going to hurt giving him another chance, its not like he's going to be taking the place of an in form striker (putting tactical thoughts to the side). If i remember correctly he was talking in the summer or early in the season about wanting to fight for his position/place in the team so i guess we'll see over the next few matches how much he wants it (or not).

I agree completely.

Not quite sure what AVB was thinking when not picking him, only to throw him on as a panic sub away to City when we were already getting crushed and then go back to not having him in the squad again. Doesn't seem like a good way to get the best out of a player though.

If the new man in charge can get the best out of Adebayor that's a very good player in our squad and a player type we need.

It will be interesting to the other player's reactions if he scores tonight or even his reaction to another Spurs player's goal.

Shows what a difference a physical presence upfront can make. Cracking finish and hope he starts against Saints

Good finish today. 3 goals in his last 4 starts for the club.

Would love for him to start up front against Southampton along side Soldado.

If Sherwood or our new man insists on playing 4-4-2, I'd love to see Ade given a proper go up top with Soldado.

--------------------Lloris---------------------

Walker-------Kaboul--------Verts---------Rose

Lennon-------Sandro-------Holtby------Lamela

-------------Soldado--------Ade-------------

There.

well according to you he has a bad attitude and fakes injury

i am happy with contract season ade compared to those assumptions. All day long scara

I don't quite get what you're saying.

My entire dislike of him is that he only really performs when his job is on the line. New manager comes in, he performs. Not a surprise to me at all.

Back