• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

I was just wishing that we had a big bustling centre forward to give the opposition something different to think about, like Lukaku, Benteke, etc. Then I remembered we had already got one!

:)

Is this irony or are you serious? Not sure, and i'm asking you a genuine question..

For the record I think we need him personally

Certainly a good option to have. Bringing on Soldado or Defoe from the bench (to partner the other) isn't a very good 'Plan B'.

Also, if by some miracle we got him fit and firing, he's a better player than either of them, imo.

Could have use him today to provide a bit of height, even if he probably wouldn't have jumped or ran or put in much physical effort. Anything would have been better than watching Defoe's tiny frame trying desperately to out-climb the towering duo of Reid and Tomkins.

Sorry but I just can't buy that. Do you think Spurs fans would care if we signed Van Persie or Fabregas for example that they used to play for Arsenal?

I think some of it would depend how well they played for us and how productive they were. If they hit a bad patch of form, I'm sure we'd be reminded of their past.

As far as Ade being given the benefit of the doubt, I think that's partly out of need. And its becoming apparent that we need him more than he needs us.

I suspect that both Defoe and Soldo would be better if they played alongside a big man. And uh, of course, we don't have one. :-k

Would transform our team if he could get his **** together. I'd say there's about a 10% chance of that happening though. I'd give him one more try for sure though.

Pirate:

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence". The vast majority of your post is based only on speculation without support, once again highlighting part of my point, very few other players get this treatment. I feel no need to argue against it. I do not feel the majority of what I post is comparably based on speculation.

Since you specifically asked for other plausible explanations for Ade's comments, I'll respond to that. How about AVB having privately tried to convince Ade not to go? Wouldn't that explain those quotes just fine?

For the two paragraphs that aren't based on speculation I'll just re-state that I do agree that there are valid criticisms to be put forward about Adebayor. Him returning late was bad, it has happened with other players in the past and the criticism seems valid.

BE

As I stated, there are known facts and there is speculation. My hypothesis fits the facts, I don't think yours does.

For example, if AVB had merely tried to persuade Ade not to go (as I am sure naturally would any manager who would not like to be deprived of his leading striker for three weeks) this does not explain Ade's quoted outburst against AVB, where he disputed what he told the press. My speculation where AVB reminds Ade of his assurances not to go to the ACN, however does fit this scenario.

I suggest we leave it here as clearly we have distinctly different interpretations.

Hopefully we'll see him starting in the europa after the international break.

I would be happy with that. I don't want any crucial first teamers involved in this competition until well into the later stages. No repeats of the Wet Spam debacle please.

Let him prove that we have the Mk 1 Ade and not just the Mk 2 in this competition.

Have there been any pictures yet of him back in training like we have with Lennon and AVB delighted to have him back tweets

Have there been any pictures yet of him back in training like we have with Lennon and AVB delighted to have him back tweets

There's pictures of Ade training on the official tottenham face book today

553839_10151742285113505_2049824946_n.jpg

1384313_10151742285473505_1675599413_n.jpg

Sorry but I just can't buy that. Do you think Spurs fans would care if we signed Van Persie or Fabregas for example that they used to play for Arsenal?

If you are asking me if some Spurs fans would hate signing those players like they have with Ade and Gallas, then the answer is yes.
They are several brain dead macarons who sit near me at the Lane who never stop ****ging off those who have worn the **** shirt.

One bad thing about Adebayor returning to the first team is someone have to be dropped to accommodate him on the bench. With Defoe having scored 7 goals in the Cup matches, surely he cannot be totally dropped now. So, it could be between Chadli and Lamela. Since AVB rates Chadli highly, it could be Lamela the one dropped.

Back