• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

Remember the time when we used to have 2 strikers on the bench everytime ? That was when we had the likes of Keane, Defoe, Pavly, Mido, Gudjohnsen, Crouch etc. That time we had more strikers than any other positions, thus forced to keep 2 of them on the bench. But now we have more depths in other position as well. There are so many players itching for first team action like Holtby, Sandro, Lamela, Chadli, Chiriches etc. Sooner or later someome going to be unhappy not getting much playing time.

So, the alternative is that you think he had a good season last term?

Let me re-phrase, you were happy with his performances last season?

And, in case you hadn't noticed, Bale was our best striker last year.

Last edited:

Remember the time when we used to have 2 strikers on the bench everytime ? That was when we had the likes of Keane, Defoe, Pavly, Mido, Gudjohnsen, Crouch etc. That time we had more strikers than any other positions, thus forced to keep 2 of them on the bench. But now we have more depths in other position as well. There are so many players itching for first team action like Holtby, Sandro, Lamela, Chadli, Chiriches etc. Sooner or later someome going to be unhappy not getting much playing time.

Again a good point. I think we should have a minimum of 2 recognised strikers on the bench.

You know goals are very useful in the football thing.

I was just saying the other night down the pub that I agree with that Searle when he said

"It is a condition of the adequacy of a precise theory of an indeterminate phenomenon that it should precisely characterize that phenomenon as indeterminate; and a distinction is no less a distinction for allowing for a family of related, marginal, diverging cases."

I was just saying the other night down the pub that I agree with that Searle when he said

"It is a condition of the adequacy of a precise theory of an indeterminate phenomenon that it should precisely characterize that phenomenon as indeterminate; and a distinction is no less a distinction for allowing for a family of related, marginal, diverging cases."

Like poetry... :)

Or if you add "mother****er" to the end - like some, admittedly somewhat nerdy, rap lyric.

If you would rather be a pseud than answer the question then so be it.

In that case, I give you the following to mull over

http://books.google.es/books?id=Gy3...v=onepage&q=argumentos de roger bacon&f=false

"I think his motivation will be high," Villas-Boas said of Adebayor.

"At the moment we have found extreme comfort in playing one striker rather than two like last season.

"What Ade will give us is that possibility, that link-up play he does so well with somebody else. At the moment we continue to play with one striker. We scored so many goals and we don't suffer, so it looks like the way forward for us.

"All three of them will be in competition for that place."

Ah yes, that complete non-existance of quotes on adebayor. It certainly does speak volumes. I would be very surprised if he was not on the bench at some point during October.

Not in the premiership he won't be.. btw when I meant quotes I also meant similar quotes in the positive, not ones that basically says he is back but very likely not needed. lol The Lennon ones are gushing. The Ade ones are more couldn't care less. :p

Not in the premiership he won't be.. btw when I meant quotes I also meant similar quotes in the positive, not ones that basically says he is back but very likely not needed. lol The Lennon ones are gushing. The Ade ones are more couldn't care less. :p[/QUOTE]

ssshh don't say that on here

Not in the premiership he won't be.. btw when I meant quotes I also meant similar quotes in the positive, not ones that basically says he is back but very likely not needed. lol The Lennon ones are gushing. The Ade ones are more couldn't care less. :p

Words are cheap. Actions will be more important. We'll have to see how Lennon and Ade cope in the Europa before they should get anywhere near the first team.

Not sure how praising Ade's link up play isn't positive..

Again a good point. I think we should have a minimum of 2 recognised strikers on the bench.

You know goals are very useful in the football thing.

I agree, Harry Kane tonight has cemented his role as #3 striker with his hattrick for England U-21s. Ade would just be holding back Kane's further development.

I used to love That's Life.

Back