• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

His brother died, i have no idea how close he was to his brother, I can't guess how long it would take him to get over something like that, let alone judge him for not playing football whilst he does.

We also have no idea whether there are any complicating factors, maybe he needed to provide support to other family members.

I would like to know how many games we have participated in during the time he has been on our books (both spells) and how many he has made his self available for, he is like the invisible man, what really ****es me off is the fact we are paying him.

Whoscored.com. League games:

11/12 season: 32 starts, 1 sub appearance.
12/13 season: 18 starts, 7 sub appearances.

Across two seasons that's 58 league games he's played in. He might have been an unused sub in some games in addition to that. Considering that there were probably a couple of games at the beginning of each of those seasons before he was actually signed that adds up to him being involved in somewhere around 80% of our league games in those two seasons.

Invisible man? I'm not convinced that's a particularly accurate description.

Rubbish, it's about character and Ade has none, Lampard played an important game a few days after his mum died, Ade does not even make the effort to keep himself fit, he takes the ****.

You have no idea about what he has or hasn't done. There are some things that Ade can be criticised for no doubt, but why not stick to that which we know? If he's as bad as he's being accused of being there should be no need to venture into speculation.

And when he was weeks late back from the ANC also when he turned up for his second season for us totally unfit.

As seems so often the case with Adebayor everything seems to be taken beyond truth. Weeks? No. Like with the number of games played this is a pretty easy fact to check. Why not take the time to actually get these things right? Once again, if he's as bad as he's being accused of being there should be no need to exaggerate these things.

He turned up for his second season for us on the 21st of August, well into the season. At this point he had been without a proper preseason. How fit would you expect him, or any player, to be?

How late back from the ANC?

5 days according to this article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9889153/Tottenham-striker-Emmanuel-Adebayor-blames-Togo-FA-for-late-return-from-Africa-Cup-of-Nations.html

Whoscored.com. League games:

11/12 season: 32 starts, 1 sub appearance.
12/13 season: 18 starts, 7 sub appearances

That's quite a difference between the two seasons in my eyes.

When CL qualification comes down to 1 point, missing 8 extra matches (over a fifth of the season) is a lot.

That's quite a difference between the two seasons in my eyes.

When CL qualification comes down to 1 point, missing 8 extra matches (over a fifth of the season) is a lot.

I really think that's reaching a bit.

In there you have the ACN and some very real injuries that kept him out for at the very least half of those additional 8 matches. There's a difference, but you can't really say based on the stats what the cause for that difference is.

We also have no idea whether there are any complicating factors, maybe he needed to provide support to other family members.

Was there not a story about having to get his brothers family sorted due to the lack of rights for widows etc

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk 4

where has that been reported? i assumed it was a joke post, what with him just coming back to training and probably a good few weeks away from any match involvement so no need for there to be any announcements

Sadly you will learn mate that logic of the sort you've just displayed (rational, reasonable, etc) has no truck in threads such as these for some...opinions are set, dies are cast, villains are identified and that is that. For what it's worth, I think the manager and player are both professional enough to work together and make something of the season they will spend together, thus I agree, he's doing it right.

Correct, and it has to do with him wearing a **** shirt for some fans.

I really think that's reaching a bit.

In there you have the ACN and some very real injuries that kept him out for at the very least half of those additional 8 matches. There's a difference, but you can't really say based on the stats what the cause for that difference is.

Not being here for the ACN is directly attributable to Ade and nobody else.

Twitter / OptaJoe: 4 - It's 4 years since Cesc Fabregas recorded 4 assists in a PL game vs Blackburn; only 2 players have done so since (Adebayor/Cazorla). Rare

Fingers crossed that AVB can work out how to get Ade to perform consistently this season like he did in that game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, or how he did in that MotM display against Chelsea back in May, as there is a really great forward in there somewhere...

Yes , but that was Ade Mk1 not the disaster that was Ade Mk 2. Will we ever see the former one back? I hope so, but I very very much doubt it.

Not being here for the ACN is directly attributable to Ade and nobody else.

But we knew when we signed him that he was most likely going there. I struggle to blame a footballer for wishing to take part in an international tournament with his country. He's their biggest star by far, imagine the flak he would have gotten had he not gone...

He was never going to be ready for this weekend anyway, for christ sake he only returned to first team training last Monday.

That's what AVB said, he returned to first team training on Monday and the team flew to Russia on Tuesday so he wasn't going to be in contention until after the international break.

But we knew when we signed him that he was most likely going there. I struggle to blame a footballer for wishing to take part in an international tournament with his country. He's their biggest star by far, imagine the flak he would have gotten had he not gone....

It's still an optional absence and therefore not a mitigating circumstance for missing matches.

As well as being Togo's biggest star, he's also Tottenham's highest paid player - by a huge margin. I hope he at least had the decency to turn down his wages for the time he was gone.

Back