• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs The mighty roosters ***

That wasn’t a bad performance from us tonight, lots of good performances. Perisic was the main reason we lost the game with 3 terrible bits of defending and without those we likely would’ve got the win despite carrying Son, who is horribly out of form and Dier who just isn’t good enough and has no positive impact on the game despite being the ‘spare’ man as middle centre back.

Get Richalison in for Son, get Sessegnon in for Perisic and buy a half decent centre back to replace Dier and we’ll be doing alright I think.
And a keeper
Please a keeper
We saw how much difference it has made to ALL the teams above us

That wasn’t a bad performance from us tonight, lots of good performances. Perisic was the main reason we lost the game with 3 terrible bits of defending and without those we likely would’ve got the win despite carrying Son, who is horribly out of form and Dier who just isn’t good enough and has no positive impact on the game despite being the ‘spare’ man as middle centre back.

Get Richalison in for Son, get Sessegnon in for Perisic and buy a half decent centre back to replace Dier and we’ll be doing alright I think.
Or instead of all that just get a keeper that isn't costing us goals non-stop

Agree on Bentancur, we instantly look a weaker team without him but I think that’s a bit harsh on Bissouma. Meanwhile how peh plays every minute of every game is beyond me.
It is a bit harsh bit I expect more.
I keep seeing him jogging back a few yards behind the opposition in counter attacks. .
Where's the urgency and desire?
He's quick and had just come in ,so he was fresh.
He's got to do more or we will need another CM to partner Bentancur as I don't think Peh ( or Skipp atm) are the answer.

That is true, but we knew he was this way. He has always been this way, he will always be this way, he has won trophies galore being this way so he knows he's right.

The club trying to push the 'develop youth players, here's some cheapo backups' approach on him was never, ever, ever going to work, and everyone knew it the day he was appointed - many welcomed it, including me. He wasn't going to take the brick the club tried to feed our past managers.

Yet we *still* tried to give him cheapos, kids and loans and expected him to play them. Club being too fudging clever by half, as it has been with every manager appointed in the last 22 grinding years.
He wasn’t cheapo
He was expensive for a championship player
He is also more mobile than any of our other wing backs
Stop obsessing about the money and start looking at the manager in charge
He is playing son
He is playing Hugo
Neither player is capable right now of playing at this level
Neither was brought for him

It is a bit harsh bit I expect more.
I keep seeing him jogging back a few yards behind the opposition in counter attacks. .
Where's the urgency and desire?
He's quick and had just come in ,so he was fresh.
He's got to do more or we will need another CM to partner Bentancur as I don't think Peh ( or Skipp atm) are the answer.
Sarr could be
Sarr showed last year that he can pass really well
And we have seen this season his recovery tackles and body strength
He is IMO ready now to just get better and better

We need a good clear out of all the dead wood but it cannot be done in one transfer window. It is a big list but it really needs to be done. We always keep players long after everyone realises they are not good enough. What does anyone see in the likes of Sessengon and Gil to name 2 that makes them think they are better than Championship standard. 60 mil for Richarlison? The system Conte plays just does not suit him. Why is Sanchez still here? He has never really been more than a squad player.
Compare our bench and Citys bench today and that really brings home the gulf in quality between the 2 teams
Kneejerk rant over now.

So will Zaniolo- point is you're saying their one sigbing is better than our 2 when you don't know either way - but with our problems at rwb and cover for Kulu that means the odds are in my favour...
Just my opinion.
I don't want Zaniolo. I don't believe he will Improve us at all.
We need to buy players that will improve the first eleven. Not squad players.

Carry on like this and tickets might be easier to get hold of.

Sell Son, and there will be thousands of home tickets available every week...

Just my opinion.
To improve on Kulu your looking at very elite, expensive players or prospects to come good
That would also relegate Kulu to the bench
What we need is a comparable player who can come in for him and alongside him to change a game
Zaniolo is a great runner with the ball and is strong too
IMO he is potentially perfect for us
Shame he can’t play in goal though

the money doesn’t matter
The fact conte won’t play him does
And that’s conte cutting off his nose
That’s dumb management as it’s not showing him having a string hand, it’s showing him being stubborn

same with him sticking with Hugo and son

everyone can see they need to be out of the firing line … nah “I don’t have alternatives so I’d rather we all suffer”
I would agree with that, although today Royal had a decent game.
However I would add that if Conte didn’t fancy Spence, we should have focussed on getting a player he wanted in that position as it was clear the wing backs and central defence were where we needed upgrading

Just my opinion.

I think we need many players, so grab whichever we can at the right standard and price

The key is consistent additions. 2 good ones last Jan, a respectable summer window,...need to keep going but every single window

I would agree with that, although today Royal had a decent game.
However I would add that if Conte didn’t fancy Spence, we should have focussed on getting a player he wanted in that position as it was clear the wing backs and central defence were where we needed upgrading
How do we know conte didn’t sign off on spence We know he talked after we signed him
We also know he is a stubborn man
Toxically stubborn
I’m convinced he will never play him
Even if he is a world beater
He should be coaching him constantly

I think we need many players, so grab whichever we can at the right standard and price

The key is consistent additions. 2 good ones last Jan, a respectable summer window,...need to keep going but every single window
Yep
2/3 quality
2/3 prospects
And keep the churn coming
Get rid of the ones on loan (lot of money tied up there)
And then shift players like Dier for example

To improve on Kulu your looking at very elite, expensive players or prospects to come good
That would also relegate Kulu to the bench
What we need is a comparable player who can come in for him and alongside him to change a game
Zaniolo is a great runner with the ball and is strong too
IMO he is potentially perfect for us
Shame he can’t play in goal though

Well, the counterargument would be that we should always be looking to get better, and buying someone to relegate Kulu to the bench is what big clubs do.

Not saying it's realistic with the owners we have, but that may change and then that would maybe be more realistic.

As for Zaniolo, he has two exploded knees - a player with not one but two ACL injuries before hitting 25 is scary to me.

How do we know conte didn’t sign off on spence We know he talked after we signed him
We also know he is a stubborn man
Toxically stubborn
I’m convinced he will never play him
Even if he is a world beater
He should be coaching him constantly
We don’t but I’d be extremly surprised if he did agree to Spence as our only signing at right wing back given his comments and reluctance to use him.

Well, the counterargument would be that we should always be looking to get better, and buying someone to relegate Kulu to the bench is what big clubs do.

Not saying it's realistic with the owners we have, but that may change and then that would maybe be more realistic.

As for Zaniolo, he has two exploded knees - a player with not one but two ACL injuries before hitting 25 is scary to me.

Chelsea have brought Nkunku with the same injury
We would love to buy him
Reminds me of people saying Kanes ankles are weak rather than how is he getting injured. That’s what you change
His fitness worries me because he has been playing for Jose and we know how he doesn’t really address that

Last edited:
Chelsea have flight Nkunku with the same injury
We would love to buy him
Reminds me of people saying Kanes ankles are weak rather than how is he getting injured. That’s what you change
His fitness worries me because he has been playing for Jose and we know how he doesn’t really address that

Nkunku's had two ACL tears?

Back