• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Don’t think he is ready, i know he wasn’t Conte’s cup of tea due to him not being a Conte signing but he also lost his place out on loan in France before his injury and would have been on the bench if he wasn’t injured. People are hyping him up because he is young and English and everyone loves to see an exciting prospect but he needs another loan in the premiership before he is going to be good enough for the premiership. He is behind both Porro and Royale and hasn’t done anything amazing to take their spot.

West Ham it is then!!!

I agree re; where he is at. But I disagree with the approach. He's good enough to be a bit part and rotation option.
With a new coach and new ideas I think it's better to have everyone that is going to be part of the plans for the next few years to in the group and getting some game time and tactical training.
Anyone that is unlikely to play much (IE Devine I guess) can have a loan.
Royal is good enough for RB and Spence for "second choice/a different option" at RB.
The alternative is to bring in another RB. That doesn't make sense to me.

Wasn’t one of Contes gripes with him that he used to drift into the centre and not hug the touchline.

And isn’t that what we now need in a RB?

Just asking the question [emoji16]

Who can keep track of what Conte's gripes were?!
fudge him

Exactly, take Spence out the equation and you can't with a straight face say he treated all players the same and that he didn't make mistakes with selections. Facts therefore mean we don't know what a player Spence is or could be with Spurs, till then I make no apologies for being optimistic to the point I would at least wanna see him tried before ruling him out and taking Conte "word" for it

Exactly, take Spence out the equation and you can't with a straight face say he treated all players the same and that he didn't make mistakes with selections. Facts therefore mean we don't know what a player Spence is or could be with Spurs, till then I make no apologies for being optimistic to the point I would at least wanna see him tried before ruling him out and taking Conte "word" for it
But "again, I see we are not a team. I see selfish players"
Yeah, about that Antonio....I've asked maintenance to fix the mirror in your powder room

Reactions: DTA
Don’t think he is ready, i know he wasn’t Conte’s cup of tea due to him not being a Conte signing but he also lost his place out on loan in France before his injury and would have been on the bench if he wasn’t injured. People are hyping him up because he is young and English and everyone loves to see an exciting prospect but he needs another loan in the premiership before he is going to be good enough for the premiership. He is behind both Porro and Royale and hasn’t done anything amazing to take their spot.

More than anything, I'd argue that young prospects needs to be shown faith and given a chance - if you keep getting loaned out, that doesn't exactly instill a lot of faith in a player. I hope Ange gives him a chance, reckon he could do well for us. :)

So is this lads injured or is this another manager who doesn’t fancy him?

I am sure it was mentioning he had an injury and wasn't available for the first game. Has been training in a separate group with Ndombele and a few others.

I hope he can get some game time in the last 2 pre season games

I definitely read somewhere he was injured for the tour of Australia, but in the training video @metalgear posted yesterday it appears he is back in training so once up to speed I'm sure he'll get some minutes. I'm pretty sure this is him....IMG_2872.png

If/when he's fit I'm sure he'll get an opportunity, assuming he shows the right attitude in training

Ange has shown that he's giving everyone a fresh chance by taking about 87 players on tour to Oz, so its really up to Spence (when fit)

[Not aimed at you but there's so much hype about Spence from some on here (without there being PL appearances/performances to back that up) that he's almost being set up to fail]

This feels like one of the big squad questions to me - Royal and Spence at RB and Porro at RW, at the expense of Perisic or Gil? Or get rid of Perisic and Gil, stick Porro at RW (and Solomon LW) and stick Spence on loan again.

Perisic has certainly made a strong case for inclusion so far!

This feels like one of the big squad questions to me - Royal and Spence at RB and Porro at RW, at the expense of Perisic or Gil? Or get rid of Perisic and Gil, stick Porro at RW (and Solomon LW) and stick Spence on loan again.

Perisic has certainly made a strong case for inclusion so far!

Yep, manager has a few positions where there are too many bodies - RB, CM, attacking areas, etc

I could see Spence perhaps leaving on loan as you say, though that then leaves us with 1 very attacking and 1 very defensive RB. People might argue that gives us good balance, however a formation/tactics often dictates the type of player which you want in a certain position. I doubt Ange is very different and there's probably a type of FB which he wants and that might dictate which of the 3 stays and goes. If Ange views Porro as a RB though, we need to shift 1 of the 3

I don't see Spence staying this season - another loan. He was part of the group consistently training away from the main group in Bangkok and Singapore (Sanchez, Rodon, Ndombele, White, Devine.

Last edited:
I don't see Spence staying this seeing - another loan. He was part of the group consistently training away from the main group in Bangkok and Singapore (Sanchez, Rodon, Ndombele, White, Devine.

Seems weird as Porro is all over the place defensively as a right back unless Ange thinks he can coach him to improve.

Should be Spence and Emerson as our right back options all day long imo.

Porro either plays further forward or he is an expensive flop if considered a right back.

Btw as a side note Emerson is not a defensive right back, he is actually an attacking right back who is very good defensively. It is why we chose him over Tomiyasu because he had better attacking strengths. He just isn’t a wing back that’s all.

The infamous, tree dwelling BEN reckons he has an attitude problem and isn't part of Ange's plans.

Almost certainly gonad*s.

Gets sent on loan by a manager who didn’t want him and used him as a spacegoat during his (Conte’s) mental problems and then a manager perfect for him comes in, and then we are led to believe in the opening few weeks he has had with Ange he has behaved like a clam?

Not a chance imo.

Back