• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Royal will definitely start and be first choice - and so well I think.
Spence will be the perfect weapon from the bench. 65 minutes of pressure and intensity, then bring on the pace and directness of Spence - will be horrible to play against.
With two holding CMs though, we can release Spence and Udogie like Wanyama and Dembele enabled us with Walker and Rose. Royal and Davies then are the Trippier and Davies options

With two holding CMs though, we can release Spence and Udogie like Wanyama and Dembele enabled us with Walker and Rose. Royal and Davies then are the Trippier and Davies options
Both of those two you mention are better at coming central which is how I believe Ange likes his guys to play

Royal will definitely start and be first choice - and so well I think.
Spence will be the perfect weapon from the bench. 65 minutes of pressure and intensity, then bring on the pace and directness of Spence - will be horrible to play against.

You think Porro is done at RB then?

It's impossible to predict what Ange is gonna do isn't it!

You think Porro is done at RB then?

It's impossible to predict what Ange is gonna do isn't it!
Porro doesnt have a defensive bone in his body. Even in a back 5 he struggled. I think he'll be a great RWF though, like he started to show us under Mason in the run in

Porro doesnt have a defensive bone in his body. Even in a back 5 he struggled. I think he'll be a great RWF though, like he started to show us under Mason in the run in

Yeah, I do worry he's neither a RB or a winger. He's not amazing at attacking 1v1, But I suppose there are all types of RM/RW's. I mean.. Beckham never really ran at the defender, I suppose he didn't need to.

Hate to break it to you but he is not getting into the first team any time soon.

I'm somewhat with you. Spence seems massively over-hyped on here. Jermain Defoe's reputation used to always increase when he had a spell on the bench, and then he'd get back in the team and need 5 chances in order to take 1, and people then remembered he was quite streaky

Why do you think that?
Don’t think he is ready, i know he wasn’t Conte’s cup of tea due to him not being a Conte signing but he also lost his place out on loan in France before his injury and would have been on the bench if he wasn’t injured. People are hyping him up because he is young and English and everyone loves to see an exciting prospect but he needs another loan in the premiership before he is going to be good enough for the premiership. He is behind both Porro and Royale and hasn’t done anything amazing to take their spot.

I'm somewhat with you. Spence seems massively over-hyped on here. Jermain Defoe's reputation used to always increase when he had a spell on the bench, and then he'd get back in the team and need 5 chances in order to take 1, and people then remembered he was quite streaky
Defoe was a very good centre forward.

Don’t think he is ready, i know he wasn’t Conte’s cup of tea due to him not being a Conte signing but he also lost his place out on loan in France before his injury and would have been on the bench if he wasn’t injured. People are hyping him up because he is young and English and everyone loves to see an exciting prospect but he needs another loan in the premiership before he is going to be good enough for the premiership. He is behind both Porro and Royale and hasn’t done anything amazing to take their spot.

In his defence he lost his place to the club captain, he was only loaned because they needed a player to cover for his long term injury.

And yet Dier was Conte's cup of tea, and he was not good last season. The fact is Conte took against him from day one and refused to give him a chance. It simply boils down to whether or not Spence can impress Ange in pre season.

Let's be fair, it's not about overhyped it's about a good young talent who is on the books who people wanna see what he can do, last season that was over emphasised because Conte just would not change anything and we were worse for it. Not sure wanting to see how the young clubs talent might fair can be a bad thing TBH

If he was good enough for Conte he would have played, Conte is stubborn but not stupid.

If he was good enough for Conte he would have played, Conte is stubborn but not stupid.

Thats not really true and lets be really honest, he probably needed some work and development which Conte has absolutely zero interest in, with any young player let alone Djed. Ange is a totally different bred, its one of the reasons we have changed direction because we need a manager who is willing to work on development and also give the youth system a chance when they can. Its not just about Spence TBH

I assume we are talking about the same Conte who said Dier had the potential to be a world class defender, yeah about that.....

Back