• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

I only saw it briefly but wasnt Spence play RWB for Rennes in a 3-5-2 and Mbappe playing on the left side of a front 2?

He didnt seem to be man-marking him from what I saw and the RCB was closer to Mbappe

Had a few duels, not sure where Mbappe was starring TBH but he floated in and out.

Spence probably should have scored

I thought the CB was up against Mbappe rather than Spence to be honest.
Primarily but he still had to deal with him at other times and done well.

Did a lovely flick to get through on goal when he should have probably scored, slowed the defender down then slid the ball past.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I am really excited at the prospect of Spence getting playing time next season. Get in a manager who knows how to develop players and he could turn him into quite a player. All the raw materials are there.

I am really excited at the prospect of Spence getting playing time next season. Get in a manager who knows how to develop players and he could turn him into quite a player. All the raw materials are there.
Yeh I think we have a real talent there TBH. What I've seen he has to work on defending but he is most definitely a get off your seat player going forward.

I know I drone on about him but we have been starved of good young talent with Jose and Conte (bar Skippy who is hardly young anymore). You just wanna see good young players go on and do well without the overly politicised idea that young is cheap and no good as a cross over on Levy arguments

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Reactions: DTA
I'm also disappointed Spence was loaned out but Conte obviously has his reasons.

He has no hesitation in playing Porro who is also young (only one year older than Spence), not exactly solid defensively yet, and very exciting going forward. if you gave me the choice for who is better right now it would be Porro, and Spence is better off getting experience in France than sitting on our bench....

I thought the CB was up against Mbappe rather than Spence to be honest.

Well it was nice to see that he was picked in
L'Equipe's Ligue 1 Team of the Week on Monday, as a result of his performance.

It is nice to see development in the kid, which I guess is much easier playing for a manager whobis actually giving him a chance.

Unfortunately for Spence, he is currently playing in the position of the club captain who is is now back training and will probably be fit enough to play after the international break, now that is when the real challenge comes. Can he keep his place when the club captain comes calling?

Unfortunately for Spence, he is currently playing in the position of the club captain who is is now back training and will probably be fit enough to play after the international break, now that is when the real challenge comes. Can he keep his place when the club captain comes calling?
Or maybe he gets moved out to the left side which wouldn't be bad for his development either.

Royal will definitely start and be first choice - and so well I think.
Spence will be the perfect weapon from the bench. 65 minutes of pressure and intensity, then bring on the pace and directness of Spence - will be horrible to play against.

Back