• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Shame its not worked out, lads obviously talented, no one really knows whats happened, but seems he is off. Always a shame when it doesn't work

I would keep your powder dry on this one before jumping to conclusions.

Many a young player we have deemed not good enough left our club and we went on to regret it often lamenting the fact they never got a fair chance.

If this decision is on ability alone I am baffled especially as Porro is terrible defensively and should never play right back again.

The attitude angle being spun makes no sense to me at all.

Have there been many who went on and became something you'd want back at the club?

Our speciality on transfers is taking lads with great reputations or who are earmarked as having massive potential and ruining them. I'm thinking the likes of Rebrov, Soldado, Sanchez etc.

Have there been many who went on and became something you'd want back at the club?

Our speciality on transfers is taking lads with great reputations or who are earmarked as having massive potential and ruining them. I'm thinking the likes of Rebrov, Soldado, Sanchez etc.
I was adamant Boeteng, Hossam Ghaly, Chadli and Taarabt were all going to be quality when they left:D We do tend to overrate our players at times, which is fair as we are supporters. But there certainly aren't many who we have willingly sold and they've gone on to be anything really special....

This one is so weird! Seems like such a talent. Doesn't fit the inverted wing back role Ange wants? Really sorry for him. Liked the very little we got to see of him. Was really looking forward to seeing him playing for Ange.

This one is so weird! Seems like such a talent. Doesn't fit the inverted wing back role Ange wants? Really sorry for him. Liked the very little we got to see of him. Was really looking forward to seeing him playing for Ange.

Or he might just still be injured from England U21 duty. It is just a throwaway ES article after all.

I was adamant Boeteng, Hossam Ghaly, Chadli and Taarabt were all going to be quality when they left:D We do tend to overrate our players at times, which is fair as we are supporters. But there certainly aren't many who we have willingly sold and they've gone on to be anything really special....

Taarabt was the biggest disappointment I can remember at Spurs. Saw him at a friendly against Saint Pats in Dublin the year he signed and, okay standard of opposition wasn’t much, but his feet were quicker than anything I’ve seen before or since. Looked like he’d be a world beater.

Think only Warnock got him playing anywhere near his potential in The Championship with QPR when he was unplayable for a season. Sad to see talent like that not realised. I’m always trying to tell the kids I coach that talent alone doesn’t cut it - football is littered with lads who had all the talent in the world but never made it.

Foyth and KWP were mistakes imo.

I'd forgotten about him, half this forum were insistent he was the next Walker but looks like he hasn't kicked on and is still at Norwich.

He was linked with Barcelona back when they were strapped for cash a couple years ago. Now he's about to move to Southampton I think.. Not even bottom half PL clubs seem interested

Taarabt was the biggest disappointment I can remember at Spurs. Saw him at a friendly against Saint Pats in Dublin the year he signed and, okay standard of opposition wasn’t much, but his feet were quicker than anything I’ve seen before or since. Looked like he’d be a world beater.

Think only Warnock got him playing anywhere near his potential in The Championship with QPR when he was unplayable for a season. Sad to see talent like that not realised. I’m always trying to tell the kids I coach that talent alone doesn’t cut it - football is littered with lads who had all the talent in the world but never made it.

There is such a waste ( ability wise) for football and always has been, i wish i had a tenner for every kid i have seen who failed to push on and it was more to do with mentality then actual talent. You try and impress on them that they need more then ability but some will never listen.

Decision has probably been made that Royal & Porro are the two we are going to stick with, which makes Spence surplus to requirements. It could also be that the player has said he doesn't want to be 3rd choice and would rather be sold.

Decision has probably been made that Royal & Porro are the two we are going to stick with, which makes Spence surplus to requirements. It could also be that the player has said he doesn't want to be 3rd choice and would rather be sold.

That would be fair enough and I wouldn’t blame Spence for that especially as Porro will rarely play (as we have got one game a week) and showcase what a liability he is defensively.

I would keep your powder dry on this one before jumping to conclusions.

Many a young player we have deemed not good enough left our club and we went on to regret it often lamenting the fact they never got a fair chance.

If this decision is on ability alone I am baffled especially as Porro is terrible defensively and should never play right back again.

The attitude angle being spun makes no sense to me at all.

It's a more pragmatic view that people miss

- Royal owns the spot and historically is pretty good physically/with injuries
- We won't get anything close to the Porro money back if we move him on now (and we know he can be good attacking wise)
- Whatever Spence's qualities, he hasn't done enough in training to convince the management team he will make that step in short term

Given the above, move Spence on, evaluate Porro for another season, see if he ends up in midfield/FB role, punt him next summer if it comes to it.

It's a better decision for Spence than him spending another season or two getting the one off game

It's a more pragmatic view that people miss

- Royal owns the spot and historically is pretty good physically/with injuries
- We won't get anything close to the Porro money back if we move him on now (and we know he can be good attacking wise)
- Whatever Spence's qualities, he hasn't done enough in training to convince the management team he will make that step in short term

Given the above, move Spence on, evaluate Porro for another season, see if he ends up in midfield/FB role, punt him next summer if it comes to it.

It's a better decision for Spence than him spending another season or two getting the one off game

I’d love Spence to get a season long loan to a Fulham level side.

That would be perfect for all parties and all can reevaluate next summer.

I was at our home opener of the 2006 season, against Derby - Taarabt was immense! We were all convinced he was the next Zidane, haha.

There is such a waste ( ability wise) for football and always has been, i wish i had a tenner for every kid i have seen who failed to push on and it was more to do with mentality then actual talent. You try and impress on them that they need more then ability but some will never listen.

Taarabt has gotten a decent career though. Recently bossing the defensive side of the midfield for Benfica. There are so many aspects that need to click for a player to work, so really hard to tell just exactly why someone doesn't make it.

He is the ideal inverted full back
He has pace and good control
Also better defensively than most realise
He cut in a lot at Forrest which is where he made his runs from
It’s an odd call for me

Back