• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Almost certainly gonad*s.

Gets sent on loan by a manager who didn’t want him and used him as a spacegoat during his (Conte’s) mental problems and then a manager perfect for him comes in, and then we are led to believe in the opening few weeks he has had with Ange he has behaved like a clam?

Not a chance imo.

And was injured for some of the last couple of weeks also.

He may well be a problem but also just seems like abit of an easy rumour to peddle about TBH

Can't believe he'd show an attitude problem to a new manager in the week he'd seen him before the tour. There were 20 odd players. He'd have had to walk up to him and called him a c...

Whether he would or not comes down to the individual. Not sure any of us know that or know his personality

To your second point on whether he could have done, it would be easy for anyone to do that:

- on the pitch: not appearing to give the right effort in training games, bugg ering about in training exercises, etc etc etc
- off the pitch: many, many ways especially when on tour - turning up late for team meetings, not turn up in the prescribed gear, even dumb things like oversleeping, multiple ways you could do things in free time which suggest you're putting yourself in the best condition to play. There are so many ways you could give the impression that you don't give a sh1t

Ange has wiped the slate clean for people, as GLC as shown, plus given Devine game time. There's no reason he wouldnt have done so for Spence too, all else being equal

I don't see Spence staying this seeing - another loan. He was part of the group consistently training away from the main group in Bangkok and Singapore (Sanchez, Rodon, Ndombele, White, Devine.

Well both Ndombele and Spence were recovering from injuries but why let that get in the way of a narrative that has already been decided.

Last edited:
Whether he would or not comes down to the individual. Not sure any of us know that or know his personality

To your second point on whether he could have done, it would be easy for anyone to do that:

- on the pitch: not appearing to give the right effort in training games, bugg ering about in training exercises, etc etc etc
- off the pitch: many, many ways especially when on tour - turning up late for team meetings, not turn up in the prescribed gear, even dumb things like oversleeping, multiple ways you could do things in free time which suggest you're putting yourself in the best condition to play. There are so many ways you could give the impression that you don't give a sh1t

Ange has wiped the slate clean for people, as GLC as shown, plus given Devine game time. There's no reason he wouldnt have done so for Spence too, all else being equal

He hasn't gone on tour has he? Hence i said in the week he had before they left.

If he has fair enough. I would find it astounding that he (a player that has something to prove), wouldn't at least try, to give a good impression to a brand new manager.

Well both Ndombele and Spence were recovering from injuries but while let that get in the way of a narrative that has already been decided.

Why are you accusing me of creating a narrative? I went to two training sessions on the tour and saw the same thing twice with my own eyes. Those 6 players were training separately. And Spence and Ndombele looked anything but injured.

The plan was for those 6 to be involved in the Lion City Sailors game but because Bangkok was cancelled that didn’t happen. We’ll see what happens from here.

From memory ( and its not as good nowadays) was there not some talk about his attitude at Boro and that is one of the reasons they let him go on loan to Forest. (I am sure i heard that somewhere).

Boro also had Isaiah Jones, who was about their best player, in the same position

I just feel it's a shame that a young British player doesn't use the opportunity to progress, it's so hard to get that chance and you must make the most of it.

Could not agree more, sadly it happens to a lot of young players who let a little bit of fame go to their heads ( seen it happen first hand on several occasions).

I just feel it's a shame that a young British player doesn't use the opportunity to progress, it's so hard to get that chance and you must make the most of it.

Shows we need a better pathway for Skipp, Phillips, Devine and Scarlett etc. Hopefully the change of coaching approach will enable this.

Shows we need a better pathway for Skipp, Phillips, Devine and Scarlett etc. Hopefully the change of coaching approach will enable this.

The structure change should help that. Making sure the pathways to the first team are not blocked by players who have no future or we sign players not needed as we don't play the system or they do not improve the quality

I would keep your powder dry on this one before jumping to conclusions.

Many a young player we have deemed not good enough left our club and we went on to regret it often lamenting the fact they never got a fair chance.

If this decision is on ability alone I am baffled especially as Porro is terrible defensively and should never play right back again.

The attitude angle being spun makes no sense to me at all.

Back