• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Interesting to see how this pans out, compared to the others this was a protracted signing and I didn't see the benefit of Conte publically stating it was a club signing rather than his choice.

It is a position which most people agree we are weak in, yet Spence hasn't managed to earn a spot on the bench. With Emerson starting and Doherty.on the bench, with Moura potentially being seen as an option it seems none of these are being encouraged to leave so it may be a while before we see Spence. From his perspective I'm sure he would have started for Forest had he continued with them yet it was also reported that he didn't want to go somehere just to be loaned out.

Perhaps we will see someone shifted out before the window closes and Conte is making him take the longer route to the first team due to what he's shown in training?

Just hope he doesn't turn put to be another Jack Clarke!

S Loaning out to Germany would not be a bad thing, but would be nice to see him play some games for us and see what we have.

The problem with that is at the moment it looks very likely that we will lose both Tanganga and Winks this window, if we were to also loan out Spence we would have a problem re the number of registered English players in our first team squad.

The problem with that is at the moment it looks very likely that we will lose both Tanganga and Winks this window, if we were to also loan out Spence we would have a problem re the number of registered English players in our first team squad.

For domestic we'd be 1 hg short. But as we'd be able to count sarr, devine, white as u21 it wouldn't be that much of an issue.

Explain that to the unlucky player that ends up missing out on CL football.

Which one? The one we haven't bought yet? The one we'll loan out? The one that will stay but otherwise would be loaned or sold? If winks and tanganga go.

If everyone goes out, gil, reguillon... then we'd be fine for non hg in the cl squad. Just short on hg and club trained.

LOL for all the speculation that Conte didn't want him....
I thought he did well in the 10 minutes or so that he had.
Got into good positions and more importantly doesn't look afraid at all. Looks ready to start from the bench, hope Conte will give him more time as we need another options down the right.

LOL for all the speculation that Conte didn't want him....
I thought he did well in the 10 minutes or so that he had.
Got into good positions and more importantly doesn't look afraid at all. Looks ready to start from the bench, hope Conte will give him more time as we need another options down the right.

Could have scored. Lots of games. He'll get chances, up to him to take them.

Token minutes against his former club or a sign that he's in Conte's immediate plans?

Not sure Conte is one for sentiment but a bit of a coincidence his first league minutes are against Forest

Last edited:
Token minutes against his former club or a sign that he's in Conte's immediate plans?

Not sure Conte is ine for sentiment but a bit of a coincidence his first league minutes are against Forest

First time since Southampton we've been comfortably ahead.

With Bentancur coming off, I'm assuming as a precaution, Moura not in the squad there weren't a ton of options.

Bit of a coincidence I think, but also Conte giving him a couple of minutes to get going.

Not sure Conte is one for sentiment but a bit of a coincidence his first league minutes are against Forest
Gil and Moura were out. We wanted to change things up. Simple as that.

His position I thought was interesting. Royal was still on the pitch when Spence came on for Bentancur. He basically played in Kulusevski’s position in the front 3. And did pretty well too. His versatility down our right hand side could be useful

Looked absolutely rapid in one counter I remember, didn't come to anything but the raw pace from him was noteworthy.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Fapatalk
He was absolutely flying. I hope we see more of him soon.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I’m seeing a lot of Spurs fans clamour for Spence to replace Royal. Won’t happen. Doherty will be in.

Spence is a good prospect but he’s still raw.

Back