• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

We're not allowed to loan him to an EPL club, and going to the championship or abroad wouldn't do him much good at this point in time, unless maybe he copies Sessegnon's move to Germany?

Out of interest why can't we loan him to a premier league side? Not heard of this as a restriction under any circumstance before??

You say "don't be silly", but the simple fact is that the last time management made a decision to sell a player against Conte's wishes he walked, and that was after winning the title at Inter. I do not see Conte accepting Emerson, a player that has started all 3 league matches, being sold this summer, not a chance in hell. If you argue otherwise then I would suggest you are the one being silly.
We are talking about hypotheticals regarding the players. An obvious pre requisite is Conte green lighting a sale, but that wasn't the discussion.

Thanks, definitely never knew this was a rule. Is this recently introduced or something I’ve missed completely?

I'm not sure. But it's not that common an occurrence. I guess we've not often been at a high enough level to be able to sign EPL capable players and not need to use them. It's more something Chelsea are probably used to.

Seems weird to sign a stand out player from the Championship and have no place for him. Seeing that we currently have 3 players for his position and Moura. I have no issue with him sitting, learning in training and waiting for his chance. But Surely he has to be the understudy. Like Sess. So Doherty needs to go really to make the squad work properly. Loaning out to Germany would not be a bad thing, but would be nice to see him play some games for us and see what we have.

he is also our best RWB

Conte's generally played every other fit alternative over him. So did Mourinho and Santo.

I know he had a decent run of games back in March, but it's overall been 2 pretty disappointing seasons.

Conte's generally played every other fit alternative over him. So did Mourinho and Santo.

I know he had a decent run of games back in March, but it's overall been 2 pretty disappointing seasons.
The first season under Mourinho he was more than disappointing, he was bloody atrocious. The worst RB we've had since Hutton. The 5 game run last season under Conte at RWB was very promising, but he seemingly isn't getting a look in so maybe Conte prefers Royal's defensive qualities and thinks he can build a RWB out of him. We'll see, but the signs dont seem great for Doherty.

Pretty much the whole team were disappointing for the last 2 seasons. Doherty is night and day better than Royale going forward.

Reactions: DTA
Huh? What do you mean by this?
Or was this posted in the wrong thread??

My fault. Ally had said doherty was still getting pain from his knee. I posted "ally said he still had pain in his knee". But i remembered it might have been said in an interview in israel so deleted it as might no longer be true. @yiddo37 replied after i deleted it.

My fault. Ally had said doherty was still getting pain from his knee. I posted "ally said he still had pain in his knee". But i remembered it might have been said in an interview in israel so deleted it as might no longer be true. @yiddo37 replied after i deleted it.

Oh...thanks for clarifying..!

Only conte knows. Have west ham on weds, so possible. But it would mean leaving either doherty or emerson out of the squad.

I wonder if Conte will work his way backwards and want the most experienced team possible for the West Ham game and rotate 'backwards' based on that. So, for example maybe start Emerson against West Ham and then rest him vs Forest, or starting Sessegnon vs Forest and Peresic vs West Ham.

Back