• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Re: Welcome Dempsey!

I'm thrilled with this signing. Been saying for a few years we should bring him in.I think a lot of you are underestimating his ability. Comparing him to Cahill is unfair although I liked tim Clint has some obvious flair to his game and he has an eye for the killer ball in the final third wouldn't be surprised if he led us in goals this season

First issue is comparison with players were were linked with and tried to get. Not his fault, and in fact this is probably a more realistic sigining for us rather than silly links to big player which ever materialise.

Second, underestimating is better than the more general tendancy to overestimate our players and new signings.

If we'd also signed Moutinho - imo posters would have loved this signing. However a lot see this is a replacement for a signing we all really wanted and that has had a negative reaction.

I think it's a great signing but as mentioned, not happy with the way he left Fulham, i.e. going on strike (well he's defoe a striker then! - oooh double pun).

First issue is comparison with players were were linked with and tried to get. Not his fault, and in fact this is probably a more realistic sigining for us rather than silly links to big player which ever materialise.

Second, underestimating is better than the more general tendancy to overestimate our players and new signings.
Fair play I do think he will be a fantastic fit for us. I understand the
Moutinho let down but we have to move on and I'm sure we will in due time

I think one of the biggest things for me with this signing, aside from the fact that he is a good versatile player, is that by all accounts he's a big character in the dressing room, a bit of a leader on the pitch and determined and professional. I think he'll be a good character to have around the club.

I still remember this goal to knock Juventus out of the Europa League a few years back:

[video=youtube;tZR48Cnn9FU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZR48Cnn9FU[/video]

Looking forward to seeing him in the team. Would like to see him playing off Adebayor in a 4-2-3-1 with Lennon and bale out wide

I think one of the biggest things for me with this signing, aside from the fact that he is a good versatile player, is that by all accounts he's a big character in the dressing room, a bit of a leader on the pitch and determined and professional. I think he'll be a good character to have around the club.

Benitez is that you?

United States coach Juergen Klinsmann says Clint Dempsey was concerned over his future before moving from Fulham to Tottenham.
Dempsey, 29, secured his switch to White Hart Lane in the final hours of the transfer window after his proposed move to Liverpool ended due to the Anfield club's unwillingness to match their seven million-pound valuation.

The attacking midfielder ultimately secured a deadline day switch to Spurs, something Klinsmann said was a relief for the player.

"We are happy that this whole thing was finalised, that he got the move to a real international club that is always competing in the top four or six of the Premier League," Klinsmann said.

"I personally, I'm excited because I played for Tottenham many, many years ago. It gives me a chance to watch one of his games in one of my old places."

"It is really important now that Clint can put this behind him. It was not all the time really pretty what happened the last couple weeks there.

"Obviously he dragged that with him over the whole summer. Already coming into our May-June camp (it) was always in the back of his mind. He was concerned about it, which is normal."

Klinsmann has called Dempsey into his 24-man squad which will face Jamaica twice in the space of four days in qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

The first match is on September 7 in Kingston, Jamaica.

With Dempsey having not playing in a Premier League game this season, the USA coach said he will assess the forward before making his selection.

"We'll evaluate him. We'll sit down with him," Klinsmann said.

"We'll discuss his state of mind and also obviously we'll test his fitness level right away when he comes in to see where he's at in order to help him. If he's lagging behind then we'll know exactly where he's at and we can help him to catch up as quickly as possible."

But with Landon Donovan and Michael Bradley missing out through injury, Klinsmann has revealed Dempsey could be handed a start: "We're absolutely open to throw him in the water right away.

"It really depends on where he's at, if he's in a very good physical level," Klinsmann said.

"He worked out with the fitness coach of Fulham on the side. They did one-on-one work, which is often more effective than team training."

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/September/03/klinsmann-details-dempsey-worries/

so.... on the OS dempsey is listed as a striker while dembele, an AM.
which role does he play for Team USA?

so.... on the OS dempsey is listed as a striker while dembele, an AM.
which role does he play for Team USA?

He's more of an out and out striker for USA these days and has often played the lone role up top (and quite effectively) this is mostly due to the fact that the rest of our strikers are brick tbh

http://www.eplindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Dempsey-Starting-Positions-Goals.png[/

AMAZING stats

Does anyone have the pic of Dempsey last season where he got a knock in the face and it swelled up like a golf ball on his head/ eye?

Double hard bastad

Dempsey-Starting-Positions-Goals.png

That pic

I still remember this goal to knock Juventus out of the Europa League a few years back:

[video=youtube;tZR48Cnn9FU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZR48Cnn9FU[/video]

that truly is a remarkable finish.. not many players on the planet could come up with that.

Back