• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Re: Welcome Dempsey!

Dempsey's got the mindset we need; will win us plenty of cheap free kicks; plays with an aggression; has a good technical ability; is more mobile than VDV; and he's American \o/

not to mention we got him for 6m pounds. Great work by Levy. Now its up to AVB to find a place for him in the team.

very shrewd signing, will score goals. liverpool don't get him. its win win.

He's a determined, committed lad. He'll do well. Glad he's here, he gives us a lot of options given his versatility. Plus, his signing will help Dembele settle in and give Brad some genuine Yankee company, alongside fitting nicely with our US-based marketing strategy. :)

Slowly over the years we are changing our style of play totaly - from the silky (Huddlestone,Kranjcar,Modric,VdV) to tough bastards (Parker,Sandro,Dempsey,Dembele)

its funny how very few people wanted Dempsey before the final hours of the window and now all of a sudden he is a great signing8-[

We could've just, y'know, kept Rafa. Obviously this is a financial decision. Save money on wages, lose ability on the pitch. Oh well.

He moved to Germany to be with his wife. Simple as that. She is a tv presenter there and they hardly see each other.

This is a good signing. Not glamorous or expensive, maybe that's the problem some of you have?! Adebayor and Dempsey in the for the price of Steven Fletcher.. does that make it better?

We could've just, y'know, kept Rafa. Obviously this is a financial decision. Save money on wages, lose ability on the pitch. Oh well.

Ben it broke my heart losing Rafa however I have some direct intel about vdv that if you PM me I'll pass on to you. It will soften the blow big time. Cheers mate

IMO, Dempsey was a panic buy we didn't plan. Players we sign from small clubs rarely do well for us. With only Adebayor and Defoe as recognised strikers, let's hope he can atleast score a few goals for us.

Dempsey will be a good player for us, he is very competive and under rated, he will also probably score more goals in a season than Ade, imv he is better than Defoe,Saha and Pav so therefore he represents improvement.
The only downside is that if we never had the chance to make a late move for him we would have put more effort into signing Moutinho.
Lets get behind them until January then AVB can see whats needed once everyone has settled in.

I highly rate Dempsey, and think he will be great for us, really happy with this signing

Ben it broke my heart losing Rafa however I have some direct intel about vdv that if you PM me I'll pass on to you. It will soften the blow big time. Cheers mate

please pm me mate, I heard that it was due to his wife not wanting to live in london anymore

its funny how very few people wanted Dempsey before the final hours of the window and now all of a sudden he is a great signing8-[

If you don't want someone before he's signed he can't be a great signing?

Interesting use of logic..

Back