• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Barkley is also lucky in that he plays in the same position every week while Alli sometimes plays alongside Dier and has also shown up in all 3 positions behind Kane. While it does not matter right now I think he will not realise his full potential until he is able to make a particular position his and really own it.

Just look how Dier has improved playing in the same position every week

Yes but I'd argue that we look worse and less threatening without him on the field, regardless of how he himself performs. It's a movement thing, I suspect.

I think it's because of his running forward even when he is playing in 2

He isn't scared of greeting ahead of Kane and that opens up much more room for others

Yes there is hype but it is well deserved IMO. The hype is partly generated by his performances, which have good sometimes bordering on great, but even more so the hype is being generated by the raw potential on display. Everyone can see it and not just spurs fans. This kid is going to the top or I'm a monkey's uncle.

So if we could only keep one who would you choose... Kane or Alli

That's a difficult one as Kane is one of our own and can score goals from anywhere but i think Alli could turn out to be a more important player. We have seen how Kane plays when we are not getting the ball to him and Alli is one of them midfield players who support Kane up top. Its a difficult decision but i guess the majority will go with Kane for obvious reasons.

I'd keep Alli. More upside and a slightly more flexible player. Also plays in the part out the pitch that I think is more critical.

Yep with Billy on this, Alli's ceiling may be higher but we're not starved of midfielders through the academy to the first team.

Thankfully it's not a decision we really need to make.

This is brilliant! Dele's old MySpace profile photo:

CUFwe4SXAAAOf6k.jpg

https://twitter.com/Dynamobetting/status/666937900228046849/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

He has been getting into the box when playing as the deep CM, but his goal came after Poch rotated the midfield a bit. Dembele had already been dropped back alongside Dier and Alli had then again swapped with Eriksen who was at #10. Alli was doing what he was in the right position for a LWF.

So it looks like Alli is the Lampard-esque arriving-late-in-the-box-and-scoring midfielder that Paulinho was supposed to be....an amazing upgrade in that regard atm.
Unreal business

I'd forgotten about old José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior. 4 goals in 20 games this season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulinho_(footballer)

I am now happy to forget about him again, and enjoy our current crop. MK Dons suffering in higher league without Dele Alli. C'est la vie !

Just been looking at his wiki compared to Ronaldo, Gerrard at the same age he's at least on their level or better, interestingly its Lampard who at the same age was scoring most. Hopefully he'll end up a 25 goal a season midfielder!

Back