• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Alli's instant impact at Spurs is really surprising. He already has 4 goals and 3 assists in 17 league matches. Don't think we have ever had a 19 year old having as much impact as him in his first season at Spurs before. Either he is really good or maybe Pochettino is good at getting the best out of young players. But he needs to make sure he doesn't get big headed like all those young English players at Spurs before. Also, he needs to control his temper. He seems to get easily provoked by other players. He already has 6 yellow cards this season, which is simply too many. He has already been suspended for 5 yellow cards. Surely, he should not get suspended again. It won't do him or the team any favours.

Alli's instant impact at Spurs is really surprising. He already has 4 goals and 3 assists in 17 league matches. Don't think we have ever had a 19 year old having as much impact as him in his first season at Spurs before. Either he is really good or maybe Pochettino is good at getting the best out of young players. But he needs to make sure he doesn't get big headed like all those young English players at Spurs before. Also, he needs to control his temper. He seems to get easily provoked by other players. He already has 6 yellow card this season, which is simply too many. He has already been suspended for 5 yellow cards. Surely, he doesn't wants to get suspended again.

Poch wants his players playing on the edge and being aggressive, it is a feature of all of the clubs that he has managed.

Poch wants his players playing on the edge and being aggressive, it is a feature of all of the clubs that he has managed.

True. But Alli always seems to get easily upset when others provoke him. He always seems to confront as if wants to punch them. Maybe it is his way of showing passion. But for his age, he needs to control that temper.

True. But Alli always seems to get easily upset when others provoke him. He always seems to confront as if wants to punch them. Maybe it is his way of showing passion. But for his age, he needs to control that temper.
I think he's just trying to show the world that he's a "man", and not a kid anymore. Like a 14 year old acting though to get respect.. I bet just about everyone he plays against tell him he's a kid, and to come back when he's grown up and things like that all the time.

So I guess he feels he need to show how though he is and not back down is what I'm trying to say. Silly or not, he'll learn as he gets more experienced.

I don't get that? He's 19 so he needs to control that temper?

A lot of great players have been way more out of control than him at a significantly older age. He needs to learn, but for his age he seems very mature.

For years we have had Spurs teams that are a pushover and give up rather than fight for each other. We finally have some players that play with some aggression and get behind each other and you complain.

I don't get that? He's 19 so he needs to control that temper?

A lot of great players have been way more out of control than him at a significantly older age. He needs to learn, but for his age he seems very mature.
He is showing some aggression which is expected. He needs to control it better but I love it. He gets stuck in and gives as good as he gets

My concern is he will get a second suspension soon and hit will be a game we will miss him in

He is showing some aggression which is expected. He needs to control it better but I love it. He gets stuck in and gives as good as he gets

My concern is he will get a second suspension soon and hit will be a game we will miss him in

We've passed the cut off date for the amnesty. It's now five more yellows before you get suspended. Ridiculous rule if you ask me, makes yellow cards virtually pointless. You should get a ban every three cards.

We have other options. The suspension will be unfortunate when it happens, but I think the benefit outweighs the cost.

I just hope he manages to stay away from the early bookings from now on. I think it hampers him a bit when he has to play on a yellow for a long time, like against Watford.

We've passed the cut off date for the amnesty. It's now five more yellows before you get suspended. Ridiculous rule if you ask me, makes yellow cards virtually pointless. You should get a ban every three cards.

I think you're making a more general point? But just to be clear Alli is on 6 yellows now, another 4 and he'll get a suspension... Seems likely to happen.

I think the yellow card system in the PL works fine.

For years we have had Spurs teams that are a pushover and give up rather than fight for each other. We finally have some players that play with some aggression and get behind each other and you complain.

Not complaining about us being more tough nowadays. But Alli needs to learn to control his temper like Lamela. Lamela always go into crunching tackles and receive the same in return. But he never confronts anyone. That is how Alli should be.

Not IMO as a lot of yellows are spuriously given

I like the aggression in a lot of our players. Rose has it, Dier has it, Alli. It can spill over a little bit, but that comes with the territory. And these characters get the more mild mannered players ready for war and everyone fights and battles for eachother. We see that this season, this team fights.

Amen! Do people remember things like Balotelli's kick into Parker's head and Modric standing by and earlier in the same game that cvnt Lescott giving Kaboul a forearm smash and NONE of our players making a peep?!

I'd like to see teams try such blatant stuff like that now and see what happens!!

Amen! Do people remember things like Balotelli's kick into Parker's head and Modric standing by and earlier in the same game that cvnt Lescott giving Kaboul a forearm smash and NONE of our players making a peep?!

I'd like to see teams try such blatant stuff like that now and see what happens!!

Dier and Alli would kick off im sure and I'd expect Rose and Walker to come flying in

Dier has even made a point in his press talk that we are a much more aggressive side now and the team know they have to show that on the pitch

Alli is worth a lot more than we bought him, and i think a lot more than many of us value him right now.
(No I don't want to talk about selling him LOL)

I think he showed maturity after the early booking at Watford. I'm sure it would not be difficult for a player like him to throw himself into tackles and pick up a second yellow but he didn't and showed real maturity. He could have done the same as more experienced players like Wanyama yesterday but didn't get wreckless.

‏@WhoScored
Dele Alli: Has been directly involved in 4 goals in his last 4 Premier League appearances (2 goals, 2 assists)
Dele Alli: Had more shots (5) than the entire Everton team combined (3) in the first half of Everton 1-1 Tottenham

@SpursStatMan
Dele Alli goals vs. West Brom & Everton - almost identical, Alderweireld assist for both.
CXz3IFZWMAAG14p.jpg

Last edited:
Back