• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

@SpursStatMan
Dele Alli goals vs. West Brom & Everton - almost identical, Alderweireld assist for both.
CXz3IFZWMAAG14p.jpg

_52609557_pulis640.jpg

What a goal and what a performance today. Fantastic player already. Steal of the season no doubt to get him so cheaply!

Let's hope it was just a knock that made us sub him. He's an integral part of our team now. I don't think Everton would've been so dominant for the last half hour with him fully fit on the pitch.

Next season if he plays the whole season in one of the positions behind the striker I could easily see this kid netting 15 goals in all competition. I expect another 5 goals this season at least and that would be 10 goals in his first season - amazing

You gotta hope so as this lad has everything other than experience

He reminds me a bit of gazza without the exuberance and a bit of Steven Gerrard

For his age he is definitely making his mark, he has all the ability and as you say the more he plays and the older he gets its frightening to think what he will/can achieve.

He definitely has the potential to become a truly world class player. He just needs to keep learning and developing at this rate and most importantly keep his feet on the ground and not believe his own hype

MK Dons manager Karl Robinson previously stated Dele Alli is the best player he has ever worked with
Robinson: "He is one of the most gifted 17-year-olds this country has ever seen."
Robinson: "I've said from the word go, he's as good as it gets and he's the best young player I've ever worked with."

This quote is worth another read.

Yesterday he overcame some of the hyperbole that has surrounded the lad - this has a negative effect on 'my' attitude towards these players. Dele is a fine prospect and we are lucky to have him.

well deserved as he's put in a lot more in recent games, and taking some hard knocks along the way.

as much as we need him, i would try to rest him a bit more in the next few games.

Seems he has been the cause of some upset and I expect there is stuff on RAWK the newspapers couldn't print.

Below are the reactions from some rather angry Liverpool fans ...

Alli was close to joining Liverpool right?

— Dribbling Martial (@MartialAce) January 3, 2016
1-1 Dele Alli scores for Spurs. And Brendan thought he wasn't good enough... #LFC

— HajjLFC (@Hajj_LFC) January 3, 2016
Rejects Dele Alli for £5 million Spends £45 million on Lallana and Markovic Liverpool FC

— Indigo (@IndigoLFC) January 3, 2016
Delle Alli: A Liverpool Fan Former Manager was A red Idolize Gerrard!! We had the chance to sign him too!! But we signed Milner

— Faaiq (@KloppWay) January 3, 2016
Liverpool should have signed Alli when the chance was there

— adam (@heyhoes_) January 3, 2016
To think Liverpool thought Deli Alli wasn't good enough but Lucas Leiva and Joe Allen fit the bill

— Ryan ® (@Ryan_Cook_) January 3, 2016
Would you give Milner, Lallana and Allen for Alli? I would. The huge Liverpool fan Alli who we decided wasn't worth a go.

— Lasse Myrhol (@myrlas) January 3, 2016
This is why I was vexed last January when Liverpool didn't get Dele Alli

— Jack Swagger (@ayy_deeee) January 3, 2016
Dele Alli wanted to go to Liverpool. Bad. Instead, Rodgers decided Joe Allen, Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino would be better suited. FML.

— Kyle Tasman (@Kyle_Tasman) January 3, 2016
Dele Alli is so good, bargain for what Spurs brought him for, exactly what Liverpool needed but we missed out on him, english talent aswell.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...m-midfielder-scores-wonder-goal-a6794831.html

... but also some more balanced praise ...

Dele Alli has the potential to be a Wolrd Class goalscoring midfielder like Gerrard and Lampard used to be

— Stephen Taylor (@SteTaylor1996) January 3, 2016
Dele Alli is the new Frank Lampard. #EVETOT

— Azooz :) (@azooz_RVP) January 3, 2016
Dele Alli utter class! Well done Tottenham for buying an English star for £5m.

— Lynsey Hipgrave (@lynseyhipgrave1) January 3, 2016

Back