• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Exactly! Son's two attempts get me. If they were not straight but skewed - goal and likely win. Spurs for the title etc. Ifs and and buts. We are where we are. Which is only 4 off the top. Funking awesome! Need to get some serious motivation in these dark months. Hope the lads don't get flu, and smash forward. Everything is possible this season. COS
Or eat lasagne.

Lets not buy the hype, Alli is good and would have been useful to have, but he has a long way to go before I believe he would have been the difference today against a Mourinho side setup to not lose.

Who's buying any hype? Certainly not me. He will go on to be a key player and is already our strongest option in the centre. That's not based on hype that's an opinion based on what I see.

Who's buying any hype? Certainly not me. He will go on to be a key player and is already our strongest option in the centre. That's not based on hype that's an opinion based on what I see.

Wow; you've certainly changed your tune since August:eek:

After your Poch turnaround, i'm almost expecting you to say that RSol is not too bad a bloke as well...

Wow; you've certainly changed your tune since August:eek:

After your Poch turnaround, i'm almost expecting you to say that RSol is not too bad a bloke as well...

Some things are set in stone so I'll never say that about that clam!!

Opinions can change hell they should change it's just a shame, especially on here it would seem, some feel it is impossible to admit they're wrong. I'll openly admit - I'm wrong quite a bit anyone else wanna get involved??!??? :)

He has superceeded (looks wrong spelling) any expectations I had of him.

Opinions can change hell they should change it's just a shame, especially on here it would seem, some feel it is impossible to admit they're wrong. I'll openly admit - I'm wrong quite a bit anyone else wanna get involved??!??? :)

Good post and good on you for stating you've changed your mind on things. I just wish people realised things are not set in stone in football generally; a player/manager who 'is a donkey' today can be our messiah tomorrow (within reason and relevant evidence on show).

Let's hope others can change minds for the better too:)

I always thought Barkley was overhyped too, but his most recent displays for Everton have been decent. In his case I would say it was just the fact he was a breakout talent and had to go through that little dip in form before climbing back up, something Alli will likely face at some time in the future.

With regards to England. Alli and Barkley remind me of Lampard and Gerrard, in that they are both midfielders who work best given a solid platform behind. Successive England managers never found a way to make them work in a system, hopefully whoever takes over after Hodgson might.

Completely different players IMO
One is a wannabe number 10 with tricks but no vision. He is also very inflexible in the way he plays.

The other can plays is far anywhere in midfield and attack with a solid capability and energy

If take Alli hands down as so far in his short career he impacts games more

Completely different players IMO
One is a wannabe number 10 with tricks but no vision. He is also very inflexible in the way he plays.

The other can plays is far anywhere in midfield and attack with a solid capability and energy

If take Alli hands down as so far in his short career he impacts games more

Barkley is garbage, really watch Everton play, goes missing for long periods (classic highlight reel player), not intelligent and this is what? his third season? I would play Mason over Barkley every game.

Alli has much more to his game, but right now (hence my comments about him earlier), he's Jenas, great athlete, technical skills, but he has to make that step up and fulfill it.

I always thought Barkley was overhyped too, but his most recent displays for Everton have been decent. In his case I would say it was just the fact he was a breakout talent and had to go through that little dip in form before climbing back up, something Alli will likely face at some time in the future.

With regards to England. Alli and Barkley remind me of Lampard and Gerrard, in that they are both midfielders who work best given a solid platform behind. Successive England managers never found a way to make them work in a system, hopefully whoever takes over after Hodgson might.
Dier should be the platform.

Again, top-form mate. I have no problem admitting when I am proven wrong either. We all win. I was wrong about Dembele, who I frankly thought was on his way as he didn't appear nearly consistent enough, but he's put that to bed and I am delighted!

Again, top-form mate. I have no problem admitting when I am proven wrong either. We all win. I was wrong about Dembele, who I frankly thought was on his way as he didn't appear nearly consistent enough, but he's put that to bed and I am delighted!

And long may it continue with Dembele... The new lean mean killing machine

Although to be fair, Dembele has been very good all year (2015) and was also excellent in his first season, it's only since he turned it up to 11 in the last couple of months that people have started changing their opinion, he was clearly well worth a place in the team / squad prior to that IMO.

Bar the goal he was really bad and I think in general he needs to mature and be more involved in games rather than a few moments. He has a bit too much hype around him but he's an exciting player none the less

Bar the goal he was really bad and I think in general he needs to mature and be more involved in games rather than a few moments. He has a bit too much hype around him but he's an exciting player none the less
Agree, he has potential but I don't think he's anywhere near how good people make him out to be on here. I'm not being negative,he has all the attributes but doesn't dominate enough of a game to get as excited as some on here and the media do. He gets in some great goal scoring positions and that's a trait that can't really be taught and I expect him to progress into a top player,but he's nowhere near that level yet....

Agree, he has potential but I don't think he's anywhere near how good people make him out to be on here. I'm not being negative,he has all the attributes but doesn't dominate enough of a game to get as excited as some on here and the media do. He gets in some great goal scoring positions and that's a trait that can't really be taught and I expect him to progress into a top player,but he's nowhere near that level yet....

Yes but I'd argue that we look worse and less threatening without him on the field, regardless of how he himself performs. It's a movement thing, I suspect.

I'm not sure the hype is about whether he's good enough right now to dominate games consistently, most of us are surely able to see that's a ridiculous expectation. No, what we are all sallivating about is the exceptional promise being exhibited in one so young. And for my money justifiably so.

Of course he's going to go backwards for a while at some stage, we all know and acknowledge that. But the way he took his goal yesterday gave yet another glimpse of what's to come. Such a simple, basic skill yet one that few can execute with such aplomb.

Though not on the same scale I recall a similar excitement when Hoddle first burst on the scene, you could instantly see the moment he came into contact with the ball he possessed the innate poise and vision to take him to the very top. Not suggesting Alli is in Hoddle's class mind - wouldn't that be a dream! - rather that he is already exhibiting a level of nonchalance way ahead of his peers.

Last edited:
Back