• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

No I’m saying he is a proven player hence why the bigger clubs will want him
And arsenal haven’t traditionally brought proven England players. Even under edu they haven’t, until the last week brought in players who were really proven on any level. They have all been young prospects to date other than partey.
I don’t get why ‘England’ comes into the sentence at all here mate? ‘Proven’ England players tend to be older and Arsenal seem to have been looking to build a mainly young team, Arsenal also weren’t particularly attractive to proven England players these past several years due to being out of the CL. That has now changed with them not just moving up one level this season but instantly to proper title challengers.

Not sure that has any relevance to the point that Lillbaz was making tbh the loan, whether Chelsea FC or their owners being liable for doesn't rrally matter unless it's a discussion about Club debt
I think what Chelsea have done is very interesting and likely to be a big success. They have picked up some real young talent that can grow together. From here they will probably be able to buy and sell just 1 or 2 players per window for a good few years now.

I think what Chelsea have done is very interesting and likely to be a big success. They have picked up some real young talent that can grow together. From here they will probably be able to buy and sell just 1 or 2 players per window for a good few years now.

I agree it's probably will lead to success. Spending that amount of money on clearly talented highly rated players will usually lead to some good outcomes.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

What happens to their transfer commitments from the Abramovich era wrt to amortisation? Did that all get wiped out with the takeover or are they still going to be showing an outgoing figure for those transfers each sesson on top of their new commitments?

Showing a 100m+ outgoing each season for the next 4 or 5 years before a ball has been kicked or any further playing trading could cause problems - might put them at a disadvantage in negotiations for sales if the buying club knows they need to shift players in order to buy

I don’t get why ‘England’ comes into the sentence at all here mate? ‘Proven’ England players tend to be older and Arsenal seem to have been looking to build a mainly young team, Arsenal also weren’t particularly attractive to proven England players these past several years due to being out of the CL. That has now changed with them not just moving up one level this season but instantly to proper title challengers.
I mean historically
When you say such and such is a “club” player you have a preconception
I can’t remember ever looking at the England team and thinking such and such is an Arsenal player
I do when I’m watch France for instance

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

What happens to their transfer commitments from the Abramovich era wrt to amortisation? Did that all get wiped out with the takeover or are they still going to be showing an outgoing figure for those transfers each sesson on top of their new commitments?

Showing a 100m+ outgoing each season for the next 4 or 5 years before a ball has been kicked or any further playing trading could cause problems - might put them at a disadvantage in negotiations for sales if the buying club knows they need to shift players in order to buy

Could cause issues and limit their ability to sort out issues with the squad.

Will depend on how well those more expensive signings fit in with whatever the overall style of play is/becomes. If they're left with bigger issues to fix this could become a problem. If they're left with few and easier fixes they will definitely be fine.

Absolutely mental how much Chelsea have spent. I guess with Abramovich forgiving all the loans they started with a clean slate, but golly jeez they must be back where they started by now. Boehly spending like a drunken sailor. Will be interesting to see their situation a year from now if the performances don't match their transfer spend and wages.
So I read up a bit more and it looks like for FFP purposes the purchase price is spread out over the length of a player's contract. Which explains some of the 8-year contracts offered to some players. On the flip side, if these players flop, they're stuck with their wages. On the plus side for them, they have a solid base of young talent, so would probably not be spending the same amounts in coming years. Interesting to see how this will pan out.

So I read up a bit more and it looks like for FFP purposes the purchase price is spread out over the length of a player's contract. Which explains some of the 8-year contracts offered to some players. On the flip side, if these players flop, they're stuck with their wages. On the plus side for them, they have a solid base of young talent, so would probably not be spending the same amounts in coming years. Interesting to see how this will pan out.

Corrupt unsporting football club with detestable fan base.

Chelsea got bought for 2.5b, with 1.5b of it paying off the RA loan but it had to go to good causes as he is sanctioned.
The terms of the sale state they have to commit 1.7b to the club too?

I just don't get it, they've in effect had a dirty 1.5b loan written off, benefitted from it to increase their value and now someone with real money is prepared to commit at least the same amount again? How can their value increase much more, given they are a regular CL participant and trophy winner as it is? There must be an angle on selling the ground, as buying lots of players increases liabilities more than assets surely?

Chelsea got bought for 2.5b, with 1.5b of it paying off the RA loan but it had to go to good causes as he is sanctioned.

I just don't get it, they've in effect had a dirty 1.5b loan written off, benefitted from it to increase their value and now someone with real money is prepared to commit at least the same amount again? How can their value increase much more, given they are a regular CL participant and trophy winner as it is? There must be an angle on selling the ground, as buying lots of players increases liabilities more than assets surely?
I think the value increases as the value of the PL increases and, given the state of the rest of the European leagues, they ceiling is pretty high. As someone said, it is the Super League. So a top club in the top league will continue to appreciate. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea's valuation reached 5-6 billion in 5 years time, assuming they have similar success to what they had in the past 10 years, which is quite likely.

Jeez, we have some right old drama queens in our fanbase.

Wow. As pointed out elsewhere Gold said we wanted an attacking player and a RWB. Got exactly that.

Wide agreement that RWB has been a priority for quite a while. Not just getting one in, but a highly rated RWB we've paid quite a lot of money for.

"Underwhelming and disjointed" says more about expectations than the actual window imo.

The european super league got the go ahead by winning their appeal. Chelsea as original signatories will own a share. How much that would be worth is anyones guess.

They do have a lot of decent young players so if they work out then there's a good structure in place already. I'd say most of them are more than prospects and 2/3 of them could go on to be super stars. Risky but I think they're reasonably well protected by the long contracts.

Jeez, we have some right old drama queens in our fanbase.

Thats a ridiculous tweet! I think it was a pretty decent window. Better window than Utd, Liverpool, City, Saudi Sportswashing Machine (just) and probably on a par with Arsenal

Very difficult to sign any players for your first choice 11 in January, but we have done so. Add in signing someone who will give us more depth up front

Assuming we sign a GK and 2 CBs this summer, we'll have probably signed an entire team of top 4 quality over the course of 4 windows:

------------------------[Summer signing]--------------------

----------Romero-----[Summer signing]-----[Summer signing]-------

---Porro----------------------------------------------------------Udogie----

------------------Bentancur--------------Bisouma------------------------

--------Kulu----------------Richarlison-------------Danjuma-------------

Funny that, if we had missed out on our two priority targets because of £££ and bought much cheaper players in their place something tells me you wouldn't be calling it a good window.

Edit : i see this point has already been made

So do you think we're going to be in the top 4 at the end of the season?

Back