• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Thats a ridiculous tweet! I think it was a pretty decent window. Better window than Utd, Liverpool, City, Saudi Sportswashing Machine (just) and probably on a par with Arsenal

Very difficult to sign any players for your first choice 11 in January, but we have done so. Add in signing someone who will give us more depth up front

Assuming we sign a GK and 2 CBs this summer, we'll have probably signed an entire team of top 4 quality over the course of 4 windows:

------------------------[Summer signing]--------------------

----------Romero-----[Summer signing]-----[Summer signing]-------

---Porro----------------------------------------------------------Udogie----

------------------Bentancur--------------Bisouma------------------------

--------Kulu----------------Richarlison-------------Danjuma-------------

A rwf to replace moura aswell.

It's mostly because we needed to buy more players, definitely a LCB and one to replace Dier. I think these fans look at Chelsea and think we could do with a bit of that.

Our chairman is lukewarm with ambitions on the pitch.

However this window we have improved the team, but not enough for any success.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

What happens to their transfer commitments from the Abramovich era wrt to amortisation? Did that all get wiped out with the takeover or are they still going to be showing an outgoing figure for those transfers each sesson on top of their new commitments?

Showing a 100m+ outgoing each season for the next 4 or 5 years before a ball has been kicked or any further playing trading could cause problems - might put them at a disadvantage in negotiations for sales if the buying club knows they need to shift players in order to buy
Depreciation for previous transfer commitments would all still stand for FFP purposes irrespective of how Chelsea paid for the transfers and whether any monies are due to or not the clubs they purchased from.

Chelsea got bought for 2.5b, with 1.5b of it paying off the RA loan but it had to go to good causes as he is sanctioned.
The terms of the sale state they have to commit 1.7b to the club too?

I just don't get it, they've in effect had a dirty 1.5b loan written off, benefitted from it to increase their value and now someone with real money is prepared to commit at least the same amount again? How can their value increase much more, given they are a regular CL participant and trophy winner as it is? There must be an angle on selling the ground, as buying lots of players increases liabilities more than assets surely?
Yes the terms of the sale for Chelsea FC were £2.5b for the shares plus an equity injection of £1.75b. Note here that this does not make the 'sale price' of Chelsea £4.25b seeing as injection of capital into a business should immediately make the business worth a commensurate amount more.

Chelsea haven't had any loans written off at all. Chelsea FC were not actually carrying any debt at the point of sale. Abramovich injected money into Chelsea by setting up a company called Fordstram limited. Fordstram Limited held Chelsea FC as an asset and Abramovich would make loans to Fordstram Limited. Note that this does not mean that Chelsea FC is carrying debt it means that Fordstram Limited is carrying debt.

Imagine if you will that to fund the Spurs stadium, instead of loading the debt onto THFC, Lewis and Levy instead took loans through ENIC and then injected that money into THFC. That is what Abramovich was doing. In effect his right pocket was borrowing money from his left pocket and his right pocket was then injecting that money into his blazer pocket as equity. His right pocket still owned his left pocket the money but his blazer pocket didn't owe anyone anything. Make sense?!? lol! o_O

People were also saying that football clubs couldn't grow in value 20 years ago and 10 years ago. Football is the most popular sport in the world and the premier league is the most popular league in the world. The best PL football teams may well still have huge potential growth to achieve. Also worth noting that the growth in commercial and TV income is likely to vastly outgrow the 'match day' income.

Last edited:
Quite a few in here wanted McKennie.
Here's how he compares to Gedson, who I thought looked tidy when he was here.
View attachment 15020 View attachment 15021
Interesting. Yeah I also thought that Fernandes looked like a player who should make it to a good level in football.

When are those McKennie stats from? Is that over long term or has he just had a poor time of this season (or whenever those stats were from)? I thought he looked a good player against us in the World Cup game.

Thats a ridiculous tweet! I think it was a pretty decent window. Better window than Utd, Liverpool, City, Saudi Sportswashing Machine (just) and probably on a par with Arsenal

Very difficult to sign any players for your first choice 11 in January, but we have done so. Add in signing someone who will give us more depth up front

Assuming we sign a GK and 2 CBs this summer, we'll have probably signed an entire team of top 4 quality over the course of 4 windows:

------------------------[Summer signing]--------------------

----------Romero-----[Summer signing]-----[Summer signing]-------

---Porro----------------------------------------------------------Udogie----

------------------Bentancur--------------Bisouma------------------------

--------Kulu----------------Richarlison-------------Danjuma-------------
Not sure the two in bold are really top four quality? Think it's also a stretch to call Porro and Udogie that before we've seen either of them play for us (us fans always tend to be good at building up new players as superstars before we've actually seen them play ;)
Romero, Bentancur and Kulusevski are all top 4 quality though and I'm excited to see what we get from Porro.

I also think we'll be close. I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will have a worse second half of the season. Though I also think that one of Chelsea or Liverpool will get their act together.
Chelsea will not be as bad for sure
But still don’t look capable of scoring
Pool I think are broken this season
Saudi Sportswashing Machine can’t rely on clean sheets to stay where they are

Some people know literally nothing about this area. (of life). That's not a criticism.

I've been an advocate of personal finance being a core subject in secondary education, it's creeping in but not fully there yet.

People get rinsed daily because of poor financial decisions.

That's why we need more fans to enjoy the financial aspects of the game to tame their love for the game itself and focus more on the numbers. The future is spreadsheets and balance sheets.

Back