• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Let's just get the Brighton scouting network signed up would get levy moist ... think of the special agreements we could set up with various powerhouses of the world like the one we have with real Madrid!

That clubs recruitment has been epic!

That's why we need more fans to enjoy the financial aspects of the game to tame their love for the game itself and focus more on the numbers. The future is spreadsheets and balance sheets.

Every debate i see on the owners always comes back to money...

Interesting. Yeah I also thought that Fernandes looked like a player who should make it to a good level in football.

When are those McKennie stats from? Is that over long term or has he just had a poor time of this season (or whenever those stats were from)? I thought he looked a good player against us in the World Cup game.
Stats are this season, per 90 minutes.

Chelsea will not be as bad for sure
But still don’t look capable of scoring
Pool I think are broken this season
Saudi Sportswashing Machine can’t rely on clean sheets to stay where they are

End of April could be tasty. Shame we have played an extra game than most of our rivals

Saturday 22nd April
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Saudi Sportswashing Machine United15:00Tottenham Hotspur
Tuesday 25th April
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Tottenham Hotspur19:45Manchester United
Saturday 29th April
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Liverpool15:00Tottenham Hotspur

I used to enjoy that show but they have gone full ENIC out like the trust.

Bunch of silly clams.

Its all clout chasing, I use that term alot but its exactly what it is with these clowns. They all just jump on a bandwagon which circles around on socials, be it twitter or podcasts where they all now feed into the EnicOut rhetoric for likes. Those that have a more balanced view get absolutely slaughtered by the others and there has become almost a podcaster war about it all, some real nasty stuff flying about between the podcasts the last time I looked.

Ironically they all still love their freebies off the club so I can never really trust anything any of them say TBH.

In terms of the transfer window I saw a couple of interesting interviews with players and managers from overseas who think the English games obsession with the Jan window is ridiculous and how much fans bay for signings and lose their heads when clubs don't act, but there being an argument to cultivate and bed in the signings you had in the summer, which in our case is a good point as the main investments we made have yet to really kick in. It really is a mental thing for fans because fans now only associate signing players with success where it does not really matter if its say Bissouma who we invest time in and come good OR a new signing, but people can't look past new signings being the only real answer.

Last edited:
It might help with their own 'balance sheet' though.

This is revolutionary, follow football to improve personal finance... if most did this there would be less fans attending football matches and spunking their money following this club ... put it that way!

Let's just get the Brighton scouting network signed up would get levy moist ... think of the special agreements we could set up with various powerhouses of the world like the one we have with real Madrid!

That clubs recruitment has been epic!
Didn't Chelsea already take their recruitment team when they took Potter? I remember there was some talk about it but not sure if it actually happened?

Didn't Chelsea already take their recruitment team when they took Potter? I remember there was some talk about it but not sure if it actually happened?
Well Dan ashworth went to Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Some did go to Chelsea but Chelsea have gone and recruited the RB guy too

Potter has a scout type colleague who has followed him from club to club iirc from back in his days in Sweden.

Every debate i see on the owners always comes back to money...
For me its rarely been money, rather decisive and our historically distinct lack of it. Usually when we are decisive it has gained good results, the dithering not so much.

I don't mind the model, but we half arse it. We often seem caught halfway between being a team that looks for young talent to develop and flip appropriately but then also trying to be the team at the end of the chain being a final destination yet end up truly neither. Thats my beef with the running of the club historically.

Meh.

Scouts can only recommend, the people with power have to actually authorise the deal and as we have seen in the past too many times we haven't had the confidence to go all in on the prospective player. Far too often we seem to want to wait until that player is now proven, which if so means they attract attention from the bigger clubs or just cost too much.

I'm positive on the Porro move, but you have to think he was available for 7m two years ago. Now Emirates Marketing Project may not have sold him for such a low amount to us, but would they have set his fee at 42m? I doubt it, and thats where sometimes I wish we were braver and a had a little more foresight.

Then you have to think about a coach like Conte who doesn't really seem to want development players (Sarr, Gil, Spence). So maybe with an appointment like his, our preferred model and what our coach need's conflicts.

Meh.

Scouts can only recommend, the people with power have to actually authorise the deal and as we have seen in the past too many times we haven't had the confidence to go all in on the prospective player. Far too often we seem to want to wait until that player is now proven, which if so means they attract attention from the bigger clubs or just cost too much.

I'm positive on the Porro move, but you have to think he was available for 7m two years ago. Now Emirates Marketing Project may not have sold him for such a low amount to us, but would they have set his fee at 42m? I doubt it, and thats where sometimes I wish we were braver and a had a little more foresight.

Then you have to think about a coach like Conte who doesn't really seem to want development players (Sarr, Gil, Spence). So maybe with an appointment like his, our preferred model and what our coach need's conflicts.
Players need games to develop though
No good signing him for £7m, not playing him because he isnt good enough and ready… and then seeing him go to waste
You said it earlier that were a halfway between players ready and buy for later players..
That’s not a great place to be unless you have time

It's actually interesting how negativity is a rathole.

I can name podcasts, youtube channels, posters who were reasonably balanced (or at least appeared to be), had a few critical comments -> a few rants -> full ENIC out

Part of it is a social media anomaly: drama and bold positions get more hits. Reasonable, middle of the road content no one cares about. As evidenced by the tweet reposted here.

Meh.

We must (imo) have that balance between players for the here and now like Porro (hopefully) and more prospect signings like Sarr and Gil. I think we're finding that balance quite well.

Of course in hindsight we "should have signed" Enzo Fernandez. He's stepped up really quickly. Less sure on Porro two years ago, would he have developed as well if at signed him then, would he have signed for us when he needed regular game time etc.

Conte being rather selective about trusting younger players means that we must be more selective about the kind of younger players we sign. But it's still possible to get that balance right imo.

It's all part of the "modern game" managers/coaches get a limited time to be "successful" and don't often have the luxury of giving young players time to develop, the current set up with having 8/9 players sitting on the bench also limits the games non-automatic starts get to play. I dont think the U21 system helps making the step from youth to mens football either. The outstanding and early developers may get a chance but it's usually in a settled team.

It's all part of the "modern game" managers/coaches get a limited time to be "successful" and don't often have the luxury of giving young players time to develop, the current set up with having 8/9 players sitting on the bench also limits the games non-automatic starts get to play. I dont think the U21 system helps making the step from youth to mens football either. The outstanding and early developers may get a chance but it's usually in a settled team.

Thats why its usually the "lesser" clubs that have more time to develop youth that have a greater success rate rather than maybe a better scouting network. With the ability to sign better established players that proves that both can be done together and its actually the continued search for established fits that fail our system NOT the integration of youth. I bored myself with it this year, but we gained nothing persevering with so called established RWBs and lost as much if not more than if we had tried a Spence. Its all perception based in my opinion and managers sometimes talk themselves into a corner and place all their chips on established players who subsequently let them down

Back