• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dear oh dear Ed Milliband, what a joke of a man !!!

Look, most politicians can be **** at PR - I'd prefer it if they all stopped playing politics and started doing their jobs.

But he wants to represent our country on an international stage. He wants to sit in the same room as proper leaders of major countries and discuss international politics with them.

I'm all for equal opportunities, but I don't think the leader of our country should suffer from Aspergers.

So Ed doesn't fit your utopian vision of what a ruler should be like in his mannerisms. Let's vote for the most photogenic, charming person we can find then. [emoji6]

So Ed doesn't fit your utopian vision of what a ruler should be like in his mannerisms. Let's vote for the most photogenic, charming person we can find then. [emoji6]
Surely he/she has to at least be able to communicate with other human beings without squinting and looking at his/her feet?

Surely he/she has to at least be able to communicate with other human beings without squinting and looking at his/her feet?
Fair enough. That is a valid criticism. He is unbelievably socially awkward. The labour party do need someone with a bit more style. But Cameron and Clegg might have ****ed up enough for it not to matter.

Luckily my mediocre financial and social standing means it really has no impact on me who is in power between Labour and Conservative.

Having met the guy many times now,all I can say is he is a decent fella. I am biased however and am more that willing to admit that.

I am not sure all this playing the man rather than the ball will work as well for the Tories as they hope. This is not America just yet,we still do not like this thing over here. You are not voting for a president,you are voting for the political party you think is best for running the affairs of the country.

This needed a thread?
Like that homeless woman needed 2p ;)

Having met the guy many times now,all I can say is he is a decent fella. I am biased however and am more that willing to admit that.

I am not sure all this playing the man rather than the ball will work as well for the Tories as they hope. This is not America just yet,we still do not like this thing over here. You are not voting for a president,you are voting for the political party you think is best for running the affairs of the country.
Both (all) sides do that though Paxton, it's all a game. Spend your days pretending you can be everything to everyone, at the same time if you can get one of them sacked or to resign you get a point.

It's his judgement things like this call into question, and his integrity.

He saw a beggar and solely because there were cameras he decided to give her a few pence, and lacked any foresight as to what the consequence would be. I.E. That he would look like a cretin.

And there is the whole issue of whether it is advisable to give money to someone who is clearly a professional Roma beggar - this will turn out to be a nice little earner for her as the Daily Mail will probably track her down and pay her handsomely to get her story.

Luckily my mediocre financial and social standing means it really has no impact on me who is in power between Labour and Conservative.

Anyone who thinks that clearly hasn't thought it through properly.

I assume you have a pension? When Labour fvck the economy, a large proportion will be invested in the UK and go to crap. You buy stuff right? Some from the UK? Increased minimum wage and benefits will bump inflation and make everything cost more. Your employer would pay you more to keep up with inflation but unfortunately Labour's increased business taxes and support of unions have squeezed all the spare money out of your company.

Don't worry though, with all the increase taxes, surely there's more for the government to spend on us? Unfortunately not. All that spending is likely to need lots of borrowing again - remember last time? Over time, that money available for spending will be eroded by interest - probably at a higher rate than otherwise due to the increased risk.

Planning on buying a bigger house at any point? Labour and their penchant for expanding the economy on the back of house prices are likely to make the gap between the value of your house and the next one up insurmountably large.

There's plenty more, but I'm a bottle of wine down and I've switched my brain off for the weekend. Suffice it to say though, no matter what your earnings, a Labour government will fvck you.

We've got Ed the retread.

Cameron the fat ponce, who brings up his dead kid at any opportunity to score political points (which is truly disgusting).

Lib Dem lying bags of p1ss, waste of time.

Farage the f**king city financier f*ckwit, so-called man of the people. More like Bernard Matthews to turkeys...

And the greens (who?)

Maybe Russell Brand is right, but he's also a c**t.

Though with the miracle of our democracy, I live in a safe Tory seat so my vote is pretty worthless anyway. Probably just draw a big c0ck on the ballot paper.

I'll probably vote green, my constituency will remain Tory and the government will probably be Labour -- and that will probably be marginally better for me than the current government.
A wasted vote on a novelty party.

My vote will make no difference, this seat is as safe as houses for the Tories.
I don't think a safe seat is a good reason to waste a vote on a novelty party.

A vote is incredibly valuable and should be treasured. I found the Teddy Bear Alliance amusing, but I wouldn't throw away a vote on them.

I don't think a safe seat is a good reason to waste a vote on a novelty party.

A vote is incredibly valuable and should be treasured. I found the Teddy Bear Alliance amusing, but I wouldn't throw away a vote on them.

That's all very well, but until they change the voting system from FPTP to proper PR, then the only votes that will decide the election will be those in marginals.

Labour will squeak in with a small majority anyway, so it won't matter.

That's all very well, but until they change the voting system from FPTP to proper PR, then the only votes that will decide the election will be those in marginals.

Labour will squeak in with a small majority anyway, so it won't matter.

Labour need a bit of a credibility catalyst IMHO.
And that is a new leader - Ed just isn't votable for.
With 7 months to the GE now is about the right time to sabotage the current leader and replace him, let the fall out happen early Dec so Xmas washes away any bad publicity ( people are not generally that engaged in the news in December, too busy drinking and buying tat), and ramp up five months of PR extravaganza from Jan.

Although Labour will probably screw it up and vote in Diane Abbot

Anyone who thinks that clearly hasn't thought it through properly.

I assume you have a pension? When Labour fvck the economy, a large proportion will be invested in the UK and go to crap. You buy stuff right? Some from the UK? Increased minimum wage and benefits will bump inflation and make everything cost more. Your employer would pay you more to keep up with inflation but unfortunately Labour's increased business taxes and support of unions have squeezed all the spare money out of your company.

Don't worry though, with all the increase taxes, surely there's more for the government to spend on us? Unfortunately not. All that spending is likely to need lots of borrowing again - remember last time? Over time, that money available for spending will be eroded by interest - probably at a higher rate than otherwise due to the increased risk.

Planning on buying a bigger house at any point? Labour and their penchant for expanding the economy on the back of house prices are likely to make the gap between the value of your house and the next one up insurmountably large.

There's plenty more, but I'm a bottle of wine down and I've switched my brain off for the weekend. Suffice it to say though, no matter what your earnings, a Labour government will fvck you.
Just buying my house now. Have a pension with my Swiss based company and they are as economy proof as you get, believe me. But then I don't know much about pensions. Happy to be enlightened?

Just buying my house now. Have a pension with my Swiss based company and they are as economy proof as you get, believe me. But then I don't know much about pensions. Happy to be enlightened?
It all depends on who they contract the pension to (assuming it's contracted out) .

Mine is with Scottish Widows who invest large chunks in the UK (although somewhat less if you choose a riskier profile) . That means if the UK economy tanks, so does my pension pot.

Labour need a bit of a credibility catalyst IMHO.
And that is a new leader - Ed just isn't votable for.
With 7 months to the GE now is about the right time to sabotage the current leader and replace him, let the fall out happen early Dec so Xmas washes away any bad publicity ( people are not generally that engaged in the news in December, too busy drinking and buying tat), and ramp up five months of PR extravaganza from Jan.

Although Labour will probably screw it up and vote in Diane Abbot

IMO, Milliband's weirdness is priced in already. His personal ratings have been low and got lower, but the Labour polling numbers have remained pretty consistent. The public seem to have no confidence in any of the parties, but Labour are on course to just about do enough. Pretty pathetic all round really.

The Swiss are economy proof? might be a good idea to perhaps follow some of their ideas then......

On the Greens, I think people should read up on Brighton and what they have down to that town it's first Green controlled council. Vote with your head and your heart and what is best for you, all any of us can or should do.

I got to agree with the people who dislike the personal attacks on Milliband, but then the tories have also come under some pretty petty attacks as well, things like being jawless wonders I have heard them called a few times. I do not care what someones jaw looks like how they look like when eating a bacon sandwich, what gender or skin colour they are.

I want someone who will move the economy on and promote skilled jobs and try to increase exports to emerging countries so we have a broader export market. I want someone who will massively increase prison places so people go to prison for longer, I want someone who will stop engaging in foreign conflicts, I want someone who will raise the pension age in line with people living longer, I want someone who will cut benefits and make the work shy go back to work.

I want someone to control immigration so the are jobs for our young to do and also so trades people are not undercut, I want someone to control the asylum system so people do not see us as such a draw that they risk life and limb to get here and instead claim asylum in the first country they reach after leaving their own.

I want someone who is as concerned with the overall debt as they are with the deficit, fcuk it I would be happy for a politician to just know what the difference between the two was.

Back