• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dear oh dear Ed Milliband, what a joke of a man !!!

looking at those numbers it surely has to include limos home as well
That's the trouble with propaganda like that - they haven't even bothered to construct a sentence properly, let alone publish any raw data or point to a source.

I suspect the calculations went as follows:

Each car, driver, fuel, maintenance, etc costs £1M per annum.
Roughly half the miles done were done by Pickles therefore he spent £3M.

I'd be very surprised if the government are hiring limos by the mile though. The chances are that the differential cost of having a limo available and using that limo is next to nothing.

The Tories are the ones calling for austerity. More double standards, still it's what I expect from them. No surprises here.
DEFINITION of 'Austerity' A state of reduced spending and increased frugality....

2 < 6

At least it was last time I checked. I could run us all through the mathematical proof but it would be quite long-winded and (please don't take this the wrong way, because it's not meant that way) you probably wouldn't understand it.

And they are still wasting money. There may have been more cars, but were they used as extensively? Sorry Scara, you are an apologist for any Tory excess.

And they are still wasting money. There may have been more cars, but were they used as extensively? Sorry Scara, you are an apologist for any Tory excess.
Limos aren't taxis, I've never hired one by the mile.

Whenever a hotel has arranged a car for me I've paid by the hour for it. I paid a small mileage excess going from Naples to Sorrento because of the distance, but only ever an hourly rate in London, Paris and New York.

As far as I can tell, the cars are owned and the drivers are employed full time by Government Cars. This means that they would have been paid for whether Pickles got in them or not, with only a small cost per mile for fuel, tyres etc.

In that case, I'd far rather our ministers used the cars than paid for them and then paid for all the extra security required to get on the tube.

Add to that the cost of the minister not being able to work on public transport (I'm pretty sure the drivers will all be signed to secrecy) and your plan to stick them all on a peasant wagon starts to sound quite expensive.

Limos aren't taxis, I've never hired one by the mile.

Whenever a hotel has arranged a car for me I've paid by the hour for it. I paid a small mileage excess going from Naples to Sorrento because of the distance, but only ever an hourly rate in London, Paris and New York.

As far as I can tell, the cars are owned and the drivers are employed full time by Government Cars. This means that they would have been paid for whether Pickles got in them or not, with only a small cost per mile for fuel, tyres etc.

In that case, I'd far rather our ministers used the cars than paid for them and then paid for all the extra security required to get on the tube.

Add to that the cost of the minister not being able to work on public transport (I'm pretty sure the drivers will all be signed to secrecy) and your plan to stick them all on a peasant wagon starts to sound quite expensive.
How much security do you think ministers get? When Boris and that bike riding pleb guy ride their bikes do they have a load of guards running along next to them?

How much security do you think ministers get? When Boris and that bike riding pleb guy ride their bikes do they have a load of guards running along next to them?
Ministers' cars are driven by Special Forces, Boris is always followed on his bike by a security car and Andrew Mitchell wasn't a minister. Neither was he high profile or likely to be in need of security until he made the news.

Back