• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

He still made a big mistake for the goal that was disallowed but yes on the whole, miles better last two games than he has been at any point since 2018. Probs helps that he’s playing next to a proper CB and not Dier.
Toby made a mistake too for that goal and one did before hand with some really weak hold up play

Toby made a mistake too for that goal and one did before hand with some really weak hold up play

Yeah Toby is not perfect but even at his age he makes far fewer mistakes than Sanchez and Dier. It’s got to be Toby + 1 other until the end of the season and then hopefully we can go out and buy 1, possibly 2 new CB’s.

I do recall a recent game with Dier wildly swinging and missing the ball, falling to the floor in the box and continuing to swing his legs around whilst prone, leading to a pelanty. That was INCREDIBLY bad decision making.
I think that was the moment that finally turned the last holdouts against him. It was a moment of attempted determination but jeez breakdancing in the penalty area is just stupid.

If a rent boy stamping on a prone defender's leg is a pelanty then this game's really fudged.

Maybe, but in general it’s usually not a good idea to violently swing both legs around in the box when you’re on the floor in a prone position. You wouldn’t see maldini, King, Moore or Vidic defending like that.

Maybe, but in general it’s usually not a good idea to violently swing both legs around in the box when you’re on the floor in a prone position. You wouldn’t see maldini, King, Moore or Vidic defending like that.
You wouldn't see them get a pen against them for being stamped on either.

I paid particular attention to him today, as people have been prasing him lately

So... at fault for their goal and our worst defender today, with a couple of other really dodgy moments.

I know we won well, and because of that this guy will escape scrutiny... but this guy really ain't the answer, he will cost us in closer games.

Disagree that he was at fault, the ball came over his head and Toby stood and watched Benteke run in front of him and head the ball.

Disagree that he was at fault, the ball came over his head and Toby stood and watched Benteke run in front of him and head the ball.
I thought that
But saw it again and Sanchez goes to benteke first
They recycle it out
Doherty has two men so can’t pick them up and Sanchez moves forward too far
Toby was picking up ayew
He could have given Sanchez more instruction maybe but we don’t know what’s said on the pitch

Reactions: DTA

I think the error for me was before that, he needed to come up, he was playing Benteke onside (if the back line had come up early on the play, Benteke was easy offside)

I think the error for me was before that, he needed to come up, he was playing Benteke onside (if the back line had come up early on the play, Benteke was easy offside)

You may be right but for me the Sanchez was first man out to the ball and in that instance the second CB should be talking him where those behind him are. To be honest i do think that there are some who have slagged him off so many times and he has stuck it back to them over the previous couple of games. And they are trying to jump om him again.

Toby has been a great CB for us but his legs have gone and because of that is caught out of position, and IMO he was for that goal. I dare say there will be some who disagree though.

Back