• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Might have been on Sanchez's part - waiting to see if a better club came in for him.

I do think this makes a January move for that chap at Gala we were looking at (Victor Nelson, I think?) A little more likely.

True. Wait for the transfer windows of the major leagues in europe to close. Just in case you get a better club come in for you.

Makes total sense.

Agree with Parklane1 above. Dav is one of those players who has never quite reached the heights we all wanted and I have been critical of his performances from the keyboard on my laptop but would never boo our own player while at a game. However there have been a few times where we have said what a tackle, so good luck to him just a shame he never got the consistency we all hoped for

His commitment has always been spot on. Its hard to come back from some of the mental knocks he suffered, but he always came back with his head held high and gave everything. Seemed a really decent guy/popular character too.

Hope he goes on now and becomes the defensive version of Diego Forlan (i.e. a great 3rd act to his career)

Nothing to do with that 20 mins, he’s just a massively superior footballer to the rest of the species.

Even in the face of evidence still standing firm, how bold. This is why I get you and Scara mixed up.

Anyways, the confirmation has come in. For him and the fans I'm glad the nightmare is over. Because he was booed, the counter reaction will make out that he was great when in fact he was a nice bloke who wasn't particularly good and that putting it mildly. Davinson had his occasional moment but rarely a consistent 90 mins and CB is a very hard position to play.

As I've said before it seems strange as he was the first in line as back up CB going by the start of the season but I can only assume there is a plan.

Don't think he was as bad as he was made out to be at times, and the defensive setup often didn't play to his strengths.

He was clearly a popular guy in the dressing room which is valuable and he always gave his all and never heard anything negative coming out about him. Was absolutely disgusted and embarrassed with how certain fans treated him last season, he didn't deserve that and the fact he continued to turn up and do a job for the team whether that be on the pitch or supporting the team on the bench shows testament to his character.

I hope he finds happiness in Turkey, and smashes it out there. All the best Davo.....

Even in the face of evidence still standing firm, how bold. This is why I get you and Scara mixed up.

Anyways, the confirmation has come in. For him and the fans I'm glad the nightmare is over. Because he was booed, the counter reaction will make out that he was great when in fact he was a nice bloke who wasn't particularly good and that putting it mildly. Davinson had his occasional moment but rarely a consistent 90 mins and CB is a very hard position to play.

As I've said before it seems strange as he was the first in line as back up CB going by the start of the season but I can only assume there is a plan.

Dude, it was a joke. Those are made on here from time to time.

Dude, it was a joke. Those are made on here from time to time.

Jokes are made here constantly, but perhaps not intentionally.

Along with your "cup competitions don't matter" routine alongside the ongoing Lamela one, you have made it literally impossible to tell what you say is and isn't a joke unless you spell it out so fudge you trying to make me out as a buzzkill, you can go and fudge yourself ;)

Pleased to see him go. And ecstatic that Postecoglou has made the 'Sanchez-realisation' in no time at all. Fans took years to have the realisation, always thinking there is a player in there somewhere. The Barca game, it made you think maybe just maybe he's matured. The pressure of the Fulham game gave Ange a quick answer, however. Sanchez trains well, looks like he's the real deal in non-pressure games, and parts of games. But when push comes to shove, Dier is more reliable. What fans have not twigged yet is Dier has not been ostracised. Just because there is vitriol in the fan-base toward Dier, somehow, fans think Dier has been demoted and shunned by the management. Yes we'd have sold him, but he's training and a highly professional player. He will come back into the fold. And we have Davies, Royal and Philps as cover. I actually trust all three more than I trust Sanchez to perform in pressured games - and I've not even seen Philips yet! But I've watched Sanchez fuk up game in and out :)
Interesting treatment across the players. Factually, Ange-realisation happened also to Dier, Davies, Skipp and Hojberg who are deemed not good enough to start... Same as Sanchez no different.

What's different is Sanchez wants to play first team football so he moved. I have more respect for professional sportspeople who continue to want to prove themselves.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

His first year or two he was pretty good. There wasnt much between him and Alderweireld for a while

His first year was one of the best debut seasons I've seen from a big signing, tbf. Really had me gushing over this kid who'd made a seamless transition from the Eredivisie to the Premier League.

Turned out it was all down to Vertonghen being next to him, coaching him through games. When Verts declined and left, he had Dier alongside him instead, and then promptly collapsed, declining for four years straight.

Both Toby and Verts made the players next to them look a lot better than they were, but with Verts, it was on another level, since he also made Toby look better. That partnership between them was one of the best in our history (and in general, since they played together for Ajax and Belgium too). And kudos to the scouts for bringing them both together at the club as they did.

Surprised and concerned by this.
Maybe Philips is close enough to be ready to step up if needed, along with Davies..

I wonder if we've been bluffing with Philips and Veliz?

Until it's confirmed officially, it's not been officially confirmed - Does that phrasing help you understand the situation better?

It's incredible that people don't get the above. PEH must have been sold about 8 times this summer based on certain fans request but it somehow didn't happen, speculation versus reality is a tough mistress sometimes.
Romano confirmed it before i replied to that post. Romano very very rarely calls it confirmed when it isn’t, he had pictures of Ndombele in Turkey before it was confirmed. I think you are living in the dark ages.

Don't think he was as bad as he was made out to be at times, and the defensive setup often didn't play to his strengths.

He was clearly a popular guy in the dressing room which is valuable and he always gave his all and never heard anything negative coming out about him. Was absolutely disgusted and embarrassed with how certain fans treated him last season, he didn't deserve that and the fact he continued to turn up and do a job for the team whether that be on the pitch or supporting the team on the bench shows testament to his character.

I hope he finds happiness in Turkey, and smashes it out there. All the best Davo.....
Great post. Sums up exactly how I feel.

Back