• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Selling Sanchez given the lack of cover at CB.

The fat lady has not sang as of yet in the form of an official announcement, which is what I was referring to.

Edit - Palinhia was sat in a Bayern kit doing interviews before the plug was pulled so it shows that even the in the knows have no chance given how things can change. It's odd that people keep on talking about rumours like they're done deals year after year.

It’s clearly more than just a rumour.

That would depleat our squad massively with no recognised replacements
We wouldnt be weaker giving those small amounts of minutes to others - Phillips instead of Sanchez, Gil instead of Lo Celso and Skipp instead of Hojbjerg. And the young trio will get better with game time, whereas we know the (low) ceilings of the others

It’s clearly more than just a rumour.

Until it's confirmed officially, it's not been officially confirmed - Does that phrasing help you understand the situation better?

It's incredible that people don't get the above. PEH must have been sold about 8 times this summer based on certain fans request but it somehow didn't happen, speculation versus reality is a tough mistress sometimes.

Lot of mixed messages here - Sanchez must have been training professionally to be selected in many recent games and really wasn't terrible against Fulham either bar the odd poor pass and the unfortunate penalty which he would have scored versus Forster no doubt.

As for Royal as a CB in a back two - I don't see it like I didn't see it in a back 3 which was a popular suggestion on here. However if Poste fancies it and let's us get a permanent deal for someone we all know isn't the answer then fair enough, he's had some tough days and could do with forging a career elsewhere.

No mixed message. Sanchez trains well, and looks good in low-pressure games. I disagree about Fulham. He didn't play the ball out well, looked hesitant, unable to progress forward, instead checking back almost every time. He was also beaten for their goal. Postecoglou said the fulham game was a chance to see his players. He saw everything he needed to see. Royal defends very well I am sure you will agree. He doesn't attack particularly well - which suggests he'd be at least half-decent at CB. Sanchez can rebuild his career. He needs to drop down to play regularly, and if he can build confidence in his ability he can be a very good player.

No mixed message. Sanchez trains well, and looks good in low-pressure games. I disagree about Fulham. He didn't play the ball out well, looked hesitant, unable to progress forward, instead checking back almost every time. He was also beaten for their goal. Postecoglou said the fulham game was a chance to see his players. He saw everything he needed to see. Royal defends very well I am sure you will agree. He doesn't attack particularly well - which suggests he'd be at least half-decent at CB. Sanchez can rebuild his career. He needs to drop down to play regularly, and if he can build confidence in his ability he can be a very good player.

I hope the same for Sanchez that you do but also his apparent departure leaves us short unless Dier suddenly seems fit for purpose or Philips is staking a claim already (which I would love).

Sanchez came on around the 30 minute mark in the PL after Romero's possible concussion and started a winnable cup competition. If Ange was truly just seeing if he could do it I'd be worried but I doubt it's that simple.

And as for Royal - The point that he can't attack very well equating to the idea that he's a good CB, that's some warped logic but if he turns out to be a good option this season there i'll gladly hold my hands up. Seems more likely that he'd have succeeded as an RCB in a back three. Still a useful player to have around no doubt.

I hope the same for Sanchez that you do but also his apparent departure leaves us short unless Dier suddenly seems fit for purpose or Philips is staking a claim already (which I would love).

Sanchez came on around the 30 minute mark in the PL after Romero's possible concussion and started a winnable cup competition. If Ange was truly just seeing if he could do it I'd be worried but I doubt it's that simple.

And as for Royal - The point that he can't attack very well equating to the idea that he's a good CB, that's some warped logic but if he turns out to be a good option this season there i'll gladly hold my hands up. Seems more likely that he'd have succeeded as an RCB in a back three. Still a useful player to have around no doubt.

Royal wouldn't be wasted at CB, it's not like he has attacking ability. And most importantly he's fantastic at defending. We'll see, but I think Ange has seen all he needs to from Sanchez now. And all credit to him if he's made a clear decision. There is a misnomer that Dier has been cut loose. That isn't actually the case. He is training with the squad and will be part of the squad if Sanchez is sold.

Last edited:
Royal wouldn't be wasted at CB, it's not like he has attacking ability. And most importantly he's fantastic at defending. We'll see, but I think Ange has seen all he needs to from Sanchez now. And all credit to him if he's made a clear decision. There is a misnomer that Dier has been cut loose. That isn't actually the case. He is training with the squad and will be part of the squad if Sanchez is sold.

I didn't say Royal would be wasted at CB at anytime, it's just not where he's been played at all so far in his career. FB and now midfield sure but a starting CB in a back four? That factually has not happened yet but could do of course. But "fantastic at defending" - Kane was fantastic at defending corners but I wouldn't start him at CB either (or have him as cover there)

It's not a misnomer to suggest that Sanchez has been ahead of Dier in games so far, so to now sell him would be odd.

@Yiddo It's cute that you amended your initial response to my post questioning the proposed transfer as it was blindingly clear what I was referring to :D

I didn't say Royal would be wasted at CB at anytime, it's just not where he's been played at all so far in his career. FB and now midfield sure but a starting CB in a back four? That factually has not happened yet but could do of course. But "fantastic at defending" - Kane was fantastic at defending corners but I wouldn't start him at CB either (or have him as cover there)

It's not a misnomer to suggest that Sanchez has been ahead of Dier in games so far, so to now sell him would be odd.

@Yiddo It's cute that you amended your initial response to my post questioning the proposed transfer as it was blindingly clear what I was referring to :D

I reckon Kane would be the best player in the PL in any position on the pitch, with the exception of keeper, but he’d be top 5 there too.

I reckon Kane would be the best player in the PL in any position on the pitch, with the exception of keeper, but he’d be top 5 there too.

So Kane would be in the top 5 keepers in the PL based on a nightmare 20 minutes stint giving away a cheap goal in a minor European game in net....

Are you a parody account? Or do you just want people to think that? It's so confusing.

Either way, no official confirmation on Sanchez, we still have our first choice back up CB as it stands!

So Kane would be in the top 5 keepers in the PL based on a nightmare 20 minutes stint giving away a cheap goal in a minor European game in net....

Are you a parody account? Or do you just want people to think that? It's so confusing.

Either way, no official confirmation on Sanchez, we still have our first choice back up CB as it stands!

Nothing to do with that 20 mins, he’s just a massively superior footballer to the rest of the species.

Couldn't have done it a week ago?

Might have been on Sanchez's part - waiting to see if a better club came in for him.

I do think this makes a January move for that chap at Gala we were looking at (Victor Nelson, I think?) A little more likely.

Back