• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

He's adequate for City and how they play. They don't need to defend much. He'd look worse than Dier in a Conte team. Similarly, I think Dier could do a job in a Pep team, playing a similar role to Stones, by transitioning into midfield. Not as good as stones maybe, but you get my point.
How you play massively impacts how different players perform.
Can’t see Pep ever playing somebody who is as poor on the ball as Dier.

He's adequate for City and how they play. They don't need to defend much. He'd look worse than Dier in a Conte team. Similarly, I think Dier could do a job in a Pep team, playing a similar role to Stones, by transitioning into midfield. Not as good as stones maybe, but you get my point.

I like Ake, I was wrong about him as I thought he was journeying about without doing much, but Pep has been great for him in a way I don't think other managers would have been IMO

Obviously we can’t force a team to take Sanchez, Dier, Rodon etc off our hands but it’s still disappointing that we’re here less than 2 weeks away from the start of the season and we haven’t signed a CB when Ange has publicly said he wants at least one.

I don't want to be ott in deriding a post because it's all opinions and it's based on a hypothetical we'll never see but Dier doing a job in midfield for Pep is like suggesting Rolf Harris could do a job as a babysitter - It's a hell of a wildcard suggestion, even by this board's standards...

Ake is class as well, a bad first season at City is pretty common as there is a lot to take in, in a similar vein I wouldn't be surprised if Phillips also steps up after his struggles.

Stones, for all his faults is and always has been very good on the ball. Streets away from Dier’s ability on the ball.

Said it before todays game I would prefer Sanchez stayed over Dier, he at least had the pace for a high line. Only problem was didn't think we would have a buyer for Dier, whereas there has been apparent interest in Sanchez.

But seems as though Dier might be on his way, I wouldn't mind Sanchez to remain here as a backup, he always gives his best, never complains and seems popular member of the squad. Importantly he seems to of adapted to Ange ball, has looked more comfortable on the ball and made some great blocks against Barca and again today....

Said it before, Sanchez's pace suits us playing a high line so unsurprising that he played well today.. Rico Williams skinned Royal a few times so Sanchez is useful to have back there. What he is absolutely unsuited for is a low block game.
Couldn't believe how quick that Williams was, he was rapid

He was...okay. As @Robspur12 and @harr1984 identified, his pace makes him a lot more suited for the system than the abominable Dier, and it showed today with some good recovery runs when we were getting stretched by Mbeumo, Wissa and Henry.

However, he is pretty terrible at everything else, and that showed when he conceded both the free kick that led to the second goal, and then just utterly lost Wissa for the goal itself, ending up in no man's land marking no one and only obstructing Vicario's view.

Still needs to go, ASAP, and we need a replacement in sharpish.

He was...okay. As @Robspur12 and @harr1984 identified, his pace makes him a lot more suited for the system than the abominable Dier, and it showed today with some good recovery runs when we were getting stretched by Mbeumo, Wissa and Henry.

However, he is pretty terrible at everything else, and that showed when he conceded both the free kick that led to the second goal, and then just utterly lost Wissa for the goal itself, ending up in no man's land marking no one and only obstructing Vicario's view.

It's not Sanchezs fault it was a brick ref, was never a free kick. The whole defence was at fault for the second goal. Emerson was easily beaten and 3 defenders in the box marking nobody.

You’re blaming him for that second goal??

Harsh and then some

dave had a good game imo and came in early doors which ain’t easy and didn’t do much wrong if at all

the ref was crap and picking up our fouls, not theirs

their goal came from a Deflection that was a CB trying maybe too hard to block

the team played 2 defences today that had never okayed together before and 3 debutants in defence

that was rough baptism from a long ball direct team. I thought he and the defence did well

Back