• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Very good so far this season. Hope the injury isn't anything serious.

I think Ben Davies will come good, but so far this season Rose has been a lot better.

He looked like he was ready to come back on the field but then Dier was sent on. I reckon he'll be fine for next weekend.

He looked like he was ready to come back on the field but then Dier was sent on. I reckon he'll be fine for next weekend.

I thought that, but then they showed a replay of the ref booking him for not leaving the pitch fast enough (he's ****ing injured you ****) and it appeared that he was angry because of that.

Amazing performance from Danny. He really put in a shift. When you are playing scum, at scum, and you have Eriksen in front of you, it can't be a very enticing prospect. Someone said the other day Rose may be our player of the season so far, and he has to be in the conversation at least.

Amazing performance from Danny. He really put in a shift. When you are playing scum, at scum, and you have Eriksen in front of you, it can't be a very enticing prospect. Someone said the other day Rose may be our player of the season so far, and he has to be in the conversation at least.

he has absolutely stepped up this season.

I think the lad has improved defensively! still lots of work to do offensively though. his crossing is always a little frustrating more often than not never getting past the first man, still credit where its due, he has undoubtedly worked hard in the summer and he has improved.

I think it seemed to me that Arsenal made a point of targeting Rose, but he stood up well and strongly.

Well played to the lad (and to Poch's coaching)

Rose has been good so far this season. He was good on loan at Sunderland, and he looked good under AVB before he got injured. He's basically been slaughtered for a small, patchy run of form when for the majority of the time, he's been a decent player.

Glad to see the oracles of glory glory are cutting him more slack. Kaboul was next in line, but he's just had a good game, so we can leave him alone for now too. Still, there's always Adebayor. GHod forbid he starts banging in a few, we'll have nobody left to have a go at.

Though if you ask me, Eriksen not being able to last the distance...

he has absolutely stepped up this season.

No coincidence he has stepped up now though when we actually have a tackling infielder to cover his forays forward in Capoue. The raw ingredients were there last season but he was woefully exposed by Eriksens constant changing sides, however this season he has cover from the holding midfielder in Capoue so he can play his natural game

It's easy to forget he has on,y played left back for about 3 seasons

Rose has been good so far this season. He was good on loan at Sunderland, and he looked good under AVB before he got injured. He's basically been slaughtered for a small, patchy run of form when for the majority of the time, he's been a decent player.

Glad to see the oracles of glory glory are cutting him more slack. Kaboul was next in line, but he's just had a good game, so we can leave him alone for now too. Still, there's always Adebayor. GHod forbid he starts banging in a few, we'll have nobody left to have a go at.

Though if you ask me, Eriksen not being able to last the distance...

For me what dissapointed me last season was him casualy walking back when he lost the ball upfield.

For me what dissapointed me last season was him casualy walking back when he lost the ball upfield.

Lots of people have said that, but it is not Rose's job to be all the way back at left back 8 seconds after he is putting crosses in, that position is filled in by someone else temporarily to let him come forward.

Yes, he needs to get back fairly sharpish e.g. 15 seconds or whatever, but he is not supposed to sprint back in 5 seconds and be left back immediately after crossing it, he isn't Superman.

Maybe we've been spoilt a bit by Walker's athletic prowess.

By the way, did you guys notice Kieran Gibbs when Chadli scored? Kaboul challenged Chamberlain and others joined in and Eriksen pressured and Gibbs is just slowly trotting, then Eriksen wins the ball and it squeezes to Lamela and Gibbs is just trotting, wondering whether he needs to get back, then Lamela takes a few steps forward and is passing to Chadli by the time Gibbs starts running.

Gibbs gets to within 6 inches of Chadli, if only he had reacted faster and not trotted, trotted, trotted before sprinting he could have definitely got there.

Better delivery
Better relationship with the wing forward
better distribution and decision making when we have possession
being able to do a YP Lee and take ownership the entire left side (yes quite a few full backs do do this) when the wing forward does more of their forward duties(althgough to be fair this is not his fault so much as it is our capacity to keep the ball and distribute in the midfield when he decides to venture forward and provide the natural width we lack)

i would say its more to do with his ball playing. he isnt a bad player at all..far from it, infact this season he is much improved but i still think we could do better

it really shouldnt all boil down to getting in a few tackles and being athletic.....at one point about 4 years ago i would have agrreed with you and said that was all we needed. but these days possession is really important as is delivery

to sign off, not unhappy with him, quite the opposite, but with players like eriksen and lamela and chadli being the winger forwards these days the flanks are not being properly utilised as well as they should be

That's an impressive list of attributes you have compiled there. Whether I agree or not, this will all be applied to Davies too, who cost 11 times as much as Rose did, right? I didn't see this list of credentials in the Davies thread yet, but presumably we will. Early doors, and all that.

I assume this applies to RB position too. Naughton? And Walker too, for that matter. Leave out Dier for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I love his fight, ever team need some one like him in it to make them tick. Not afraid to give some one a kick and a loud mouth.

Just cant get over that there is a decent football player in there after last season. fair play lad keep proving me wrong.

I've said it a lot and I highlighted it today at the game... Rose looks great with a midfielder there to back him up

Last season he was woefully exposed by eriskens attacking play and with no cover from the Middle

Today he had both Capoue and Mason covering and he pinned Clyne back comfortably

Another great performance

He's got balls and a nasty streak. I like this.

And he can play too, I think if we had a power house forward ala Benteke, someone who'd attack headers, Rose would also be better going forward. Coz he gets into plenty of positions to cross but Ade floats about the flanks and there's only Chaldi who gets anywhere near it with his bonce.

Back