• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I don't think that's the case. I just think a lot fans believe Rose isn't good enough. Are they harsh on him? Probably, but people call for Eriksen to be benched after 1 bad game. The difference is, I'm not entirely sure we sign better players realistically in Lamela's or Eriksen's position given their age and ability and where we are in the food chain, I don't think the same could be said for Rose.

You could well be right, but I do feel we bin players quite often, only to sign replacements of the same sort of standard. IMO, we'd be better served giving players time to form a team that is greater than the sum of their parts, rather than keep churning through players who perform to the same sort of level.

To put a different spin on it, do you think we could finish in the top 5 with Danny Rose as left back? (We finished top 6 with him there last season, so I thought I'd raise it a notch).

Why do we have to play this game it's pointless. Fletcher wasn't good enough to get in our side yet was a championship winner. It's about how good players are at doing what's asked of them in that teams system. Oh and Rose is a good player, Davies hasn't shown he is any better that's for sure...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I don't think a lack of effort applies to either Rose or Adebayor, they both put a shift in.

To go back to Rose, imo he's good enough for us. He wouldn't get into Arsenal/City/Chelsea/Utd sides, but neither would Eriksen, Lamela or Chadli.

Again, Rose is one of those players who some of our fans are going to hold to a different standard, coz plenty of people have already made their minds up on him and unless he plays perfectly in every game, those people will slaughter him.

Its worse than that. Even if he plays perfectly some will dislike him even more for having proven them wrong. As such, Rose is in a no-win situation.

Would Rose get into United's, Arsenal's, Liverpool's or Everton's team?

Would Ben Davies? How come his thread doesn't get bumped? He cost 10 or 11 mil (so only about 5mil more than Paulinho who's price tag is often cited in here). Yes, we needed LB cover. (and we needed a striker too). Davies arrived amid fanfare, but hasn't beat out Rose, yet is being given a free pass. Since Davies cost us about 10 times what Rose did, shouldn't the scrutiny and expectations and criticism of Davies be more than it is for Rose?

Seriously sc25?

You're going to have a right go at others for being too harsh on Rose to the point of accusing others of disliking him for playing well for Spurs (pretty strong words). At the same time you're questioning why people aren't having more of a go at our 21 year old newly signed left back after one EL start and one PL sub appearance...

Danny Rose got a massive start to his Spurs career thanks to THAT goal. Like most he was given a lot of slack and time when he first broke through as a younger player too. He's 24 now, has over 30 starts for Spurs and around 60 PL starts for us and Sunderland combined, he's being scrutinized a bit more than Ben Davies who is still to make his full league debut for us at 21. No ****.

I don't think Rose has been given any more flak than Naughton, Paulinho, Vertonghen, Townsend or Lennon just to list a few.

Seriously sc25?

You're going to have a right go at others for being too harsh on Rose to the point of accusing others of disliking him for playing well for Spurs (pretty strong words). At the same time you're questioning why people aren't having more of a go at our 21 year old newly signed left back after one EL start and one PL sub appearance...

Danny Rose got a massive start to his Spurs career thanks to THAT goal. Like most he was given a lot of slack and time when he first broke through as a younger player too. He's 24 now, has over 30 starts for Spurs and around 60 PL starts for us and Sunderland combined, he's being scrutinized a bit more than Ben Davies who is still to make his full league debut for us at 21. No ****.

I don't think Rose has been given any more flak than Naughton, Paulinho, Vertonghen, Townsend or Lennon just to list a few.

I think Davies will be alright. He didn't play that well the other night, but he got better in the 2nd half imo. As he plays more, he'll get better. Like you say, Rose has a bit more experience so we can expect him to hit the ground running this season (which he has, imo).

Do you think we could finish in the top 5 with Danny Rose as left back? (We finished top 6 with him there last season, so I thought I'd raise it a notch).

With better coaching and system now, and the way he has started out this season, I would think so, yes.

Its worse than that. Even if he plays perfectly some will dislike him even more for having proven them wrong. As such, Rose is in a no-win situation.

Would Ben Davies? How come his thread doesn't get bumped? He cost 10 or 11 mil (so only about 5mil more than Paulinho who's price tag is often cited in here). Yes, we needed LB cover. (and we needed a striker too). Davies arrived amid fanfare, but hasn't beat out Rose, yet is being given a free pass. Since Davies cost us about 10 times what Rose did, shouldn't the scrutiny and expectations and criticism of Davies be more than it is for Rose?

You mean the guy who hasn't even started a league game for us yet? Jesus!

Plenty who have previously criticised have acknowledged he's been doing well under Poch. Poch clearly thinks so too...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

He was very good against QPR. As for the other games, I don't see much improvement.

I understand fans being defensive over our players from what they see as harsh criticism, but not all fans who don't necessarily rate a player that highly are spacegoating him as it appears some sadly are claiming.

Doesn't bother me when fans defend their own for diving. I just find it hypocritical when they their toys out the pram when teams do the same against us. And no I'm not going to name names.

I don't care if other teams dive against us. I do care that we get revenge, in that game or the next. That's all. An eye for a eye.

He was very good against QPR. As for the other games, I don't see much improvement.

I understand fans being defensive over our players from what they see as harsh criticism, but not all fans who don't necessarily rate a player that highly are spacegoating him as it appears some sadly are claiming.

That's fair enough, certainly don't think you are spacegoating. I do feel like he is making strikes under Poch, I noticed a difference in pre season and for me has continued his good form from there. But we are only a few games in so plenty of time for him to show you that he has improved and is consistent, or indeed to prove you right...

Ok seriously. This guy is getting better and better. What a fantastic performance today against Chamberlain for the most part.

have to say he and Naughton have absolutely grown and learned so much after their seasons last year. Bad experiences can actually make you so much better. You learn from failing. Seems like they have both adopted fantastic attitudes under Pochettino

He had maybe one moment where he slipped. But the defence covered each other. Some of the forum must be getting stuffed full of humble pie, and I'm sure they are please to be. All credit to Rose, many don't come back from being written off. The kids got character.

my motm great game from the lad. i used to take the **** but he is shoving it in my face now.

Back