• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Here are Rose's average match ratings for the season so far

2e3bgqu.png

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 14
I've said it a lot and I highlighted it today at the game... Rose looks great with a midfielder there to back him up

Last season he was woefully exposed by eriskens attacking play and with no cover from the Middle

Today he had both Capoue and Mason covering and he pinned Clyne back comfortably

Another great performance
Agree with this. He seems to struggle more than most when isolated, but with cover he's been very good.

He's got balls and a nasty streak. I like this.

And he can play too, I think if we had a power house forward ala Benteke, someone who'd attack headers, Rose would also be better going forward. Coz he gets into plenty of positions to cross but Ade floats about the flanks and there's only Chaldi who gets anywhere near it with his bonce.
Crossing is still a weakness in his game, though. He has improved massively this season, but his crossing must get better. He really should be told to stay behind for thirty minutes after training a couple of times a week and just out cross after cross into the box. Combine it with finishing practice for the strikers or something.

When he's isolated against two? Sure he'd struggle. I think to be fair to him this year he has been excellent on one on one situations.
Struggles more than most. Almost all fullbacks need support, but he needs it more than most. Should improve with age though.

Just back in from the match, and can only echo some of the comments on here, excellent game again from him. He has certainly risen to the challenge of having Davies as competition.

Well done Danny

Just back in from the match, and can only echo some of the comments on here, excellent game again from him. He has certainly risen to the challenge of having Davies as competition.

Well done Danny

Seems that's what we needed to start seeing the best of him, Davies proving to be a top signing :lol:

He's impressed me this season as I don't particularly rate him.

One thing I wish he would do though, actually run back to help out the defense when he's out of position rather than jogging back slower than Adebayor. That's what annoys me more than his questionable temperament and his crossing.

he is doing just fine as he is. limited in his ability for sure, but more than compensates with heart and desire to win.

we will miss him as much as we miss walker ... you need guys like these to keep the team ticking over when things don't click. may look over enthusiastic to spectators, but will be a source of inspiration for tired team mates.

Another excellent game from Danny. His play in isolation has actually been one of his strengths this year I think. When you are a LB with Eriksen in front of you, playing at scum, etc, you could look very bad very quickly. Put it this way, from what I've seen, right now I wouldn't want Davis playing in isolation in such circumstances. Rose has things to work on and improve, as one might expect of a 24 year old in the PL, but his fine form continues.

Last edited:
Crossing is still a weakness in his game, though. He has improved massively this season, but his crossing must get better. He really should be told to stay behind for thirty minutes after training a couple of times a week and just out cross after cross into the box. Combine it with finishing practice for the strikers or something.

He played as a winger as a youth team player and only converted a few years back when he lost a yard of pace when he tore his cruciate (I think t was his cruciate) - regardless, think of how many sessions he has had working on crossing, I can't see much changing now!

Fair play to him.... It went under the radar that he started similarly last season, then got injured and was rushed back early and was clearly overweight. This isn't a case of him in a purple patch, it his him playing 100% fit

Just thought I'd bump this thread since it was on page 3 and nobody had posted on it in 2 weeks! Despite that, I'm sure we are all delighted to see his continued form and development. Another good game from Danny yesterday in a tough environment against excellent opposition. And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. ;)

I like the cut of this man's gib. He plays with passion and gets stuck into the other lot. Has a nasty streak in him, which others in our side could well do with.

Good except i caught him not trying hard to get back to his position after he was beaten - twice !

His speed is his asset and while i know its really tough mentally to reverse gears but he would be very useful with players like navas and aguerro who like a cutback before the pass/shoot.

Nonetheless one of our brighter sparks yesterday

I think us signing Davis brought the best out of Rose, now he can't play within his self, because of the competition.

Don't think he was sharp enough in the first half against City, but got it together in the 2nd half and played pretty well again.

He might have been in awe of navas.... Poor shot on goal, but he tore our defence a few new ones yesterday. Hopefully rose would have learned more about him for the return fixture. Navas is truly world class, dragged our defence out of shape so many times that even rose seemed to give up.

Back